Salmon ideas?

Options
I bought some salmon to steam tonight along with some asparagus to go with it, any simple low-cal ways to dress up the salmon or asparagus or both?

Replies

• ginamcoyle
    Options
    bump
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Grilled Caramelized Salmon and Asparagus
    Serves: 4    Calories: 277 calories per serving
    INGREDIENTS
    1 salmon fillet with skin, (about 1 pound and 1 inch thick)
    2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
    1 tablespoon grated orange peel
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
    1 Nonstick cooking spray
    16 asparagus spears, trimmed
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
    PREPARATION
    1. Place salmon, skin side down, in shallow dish. Combine brown sugar, orange peel, garlic, salt and red pepper in small bowl. Rub onto salmon. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.
    2. Spray grill grid with cooking spray. Prepare grill for direct cooking.
    3. Spray asparagus with cooking spray. Sprinkle with black pepper.
    4. Grill salmon, skin side down, covered, over medium heat 6 minutes. Place asparagus on grid. Grill, covered, turning asparagus occasionally, 4 minutes or until salmon begins to flake when tested with fork and asparagus begins to brown.
    5. Cut salmon into four equal pieces. Top salmon with pineapple and serve with asparagus.
  • Jeaninedj
    Jeaninedj Posts: 43
    Options
    My salmon is never without lemon. I've also eaten it with sriracha sauce.
  • LPCoder
    Options
    Grilled Salmon with Zesty Dill Sauce by French's® Mustard
    Serves: 6    Time: 0:15    Calories: 193 calories per serving
    INGREDIENTS
    1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
    1/4 cup FRENCH'S® Spicy Brown Mustard or FRENCH'S® Horseradish Mustard
    1/4 cup light mayonnaise
    1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
    6 pieces salmon fillet, about 4×2×1-inch thick
    PREPARATION
    1. COMBINE yogurt, mustard, mayonnaise and dill in small bowl; set aside.
    2. COAT fillets lightly with olive-oil cooking spray.
    3. GRILL over medium-high heat 10 minutes until fish is opaque in center. Serve with sauce.
  • enchantedbunny
    Options
    Lemon for the salmon and thyme for the asparagus! How are you planning to steam it? I'm a big fan of parchment paper packets (en papillotte).
  • LPCoder
    Options
    Poached Seafood Italiano by Contadina®
    Serves: 4    Calories: 251 calories per serving
    INGREDIENTS
    1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
    1 (6-ounce) salmon steaks or fillets
    14-1/2 ounces CONTADINA® Recipe Ready Diced Tomatoes with Italian Herbs, undrained
    1/3 cup sliced olives (black, green or a combination)
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil , (optional)
    PREPARATION
    1. Heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add wine. Bring to boil.
    2. Add salmon; cover. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 6 minutes.
    3. Add undrained tomatoes and olives; simmer 2 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with fork. Sprinkle with basil just before serving, if desired.
  • malware15
    malware15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat salmon also happens to be super easy. You simply drizzle Italian vinegerette over the fillet and then broil it until cooked through. It is delicious and tastes better than anything I've had in anywhere else.
  • Queen2day
    Queen2day Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle a salmon fillet with lemon pepper seasoning and broil it. I don't add anything else to it. Sometimes I will also make a ginger butter sauce, which is melted butter with a slight amount of ground ginger, and thin shavings of ginger root. This is so good either with or without the ginger butter.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yep, mine is pretty simple as well. I just make a foil pack out of everything. Salmon with juice from one lemon on top and very thin slices of lemon, topped with thinly sliced bell peppers, and halved grape tomatoes. Everything just steams together. The grape tomatoes add awesome flavor. Sometimes I do the fish with lemons and topped with asparagus. That's really how I do almost all of my fish. Not very imaginative but always yummy. I tried a sweet maple glaze salmon recipe one time but I think the sweet ruined the fish to me.

LPcoder: awesome suggestions!
  • Salsmag
    Salsmag Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1/2 teaspoon each of very lazy ginger, very lazy garlic, lazy chilli lazy coriander and lime juice mix together coat salmon steak both sides and leave to marinate if you have time, cook for 2 mins in microwave or 10-20 mins in the oven wrapped in foil, serve with mixed salad and baby new potatoes :)