5'8 and taller with 100+ to lose

Options
I am 26, 5'8 and around 375 lbs:noway: though people dont believe me when i say that because i have a large structure. i want (need) to lose about 116 lbs

is there more like me out there? if there is fell free to add me and or introduce yourself

Replies

• ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am 26, 5'8 and around 375 lbs:noway: though people dont believe me when i say that because i have a large structure. i want (need) to lose about 116 lbs

is there more like me out there? if there is fell free to add me and or introduce yourself

We are already friends but I will post here :) I am 5'10.5 and I have 135lbs to lose. I am 27! I also have a large frame so I know I will always be on the higher end of the "normal" scale (whenever it is that I get down there!)

I am open to anyone else that wants to be friends :)
  • jaytiger
    jaytiger Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5'' and am at 235 pounds (people don't believe me either). I need to lose 85 lbs, but it would be absolutely fantastic if I could lose 100 lbs - or at least find somewhere in the middle where I have an athletic build again.

Good luck with your goals! If it's okay, I'd like to add you and start building a support network :)
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    5'11 and 293 here - I am 30 and decided that I can no longer use my baby weight from 2010's little bundle of joy as my excuse!!! I will tell you however that I started the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels (last Tuesday) and it's cut inches within the first 6 days... It's hard I won't lie but I am so glad that I am doing it because it changes you right away - not so much on the scale but you can feel it in your clothes... 30 Day Shred along with a good lifestyle change as far as what I'm eating and I feel so much better. What are you ladies doing for exercise and eating??? I always love new ideas!
  • ikimtnarud
    Options
    I'm 36, 5'8" and started at 262 lbs. This morning I weighed in at 235.5. People argue that I'm taller than I am and like you I carry my weight pretty well too. I began this journey with the goal to lose 110 lbs and...I'm going to do it this time!!! This time is different. I have two boys and a great husband that expect me to be healthy. I haven't started exercising yet but it's my next goal.
  • JesBroberg
    Options
    Hey! I'm 21, 5'10 with at least 60 pounds to lose. Im at 225 and no one could ever believe how much I weighed either because of my large frame. I just want to be healthy! Good luck girl!
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Good luck with your goals! If it's okay, I'd like to add you and start building a support network :)

I love this idea - like making an actual group for "5'8 and taller with 100+ to lose" peeps... ????
  • Shyster2005
    Shyster2005 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's be in for a group! 5'9" and 239.
  • carlene1965
    Options
    Hi there,
    My name is Carlene and I weigh 334. I started at 387 and am trying to loose 180 lbs. You can friend me if you want and we can encourage eachother.

Carlene
  • sabrina_stafford
    sabrina_stafford Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I hear the same type of thing because of my build. I'm 5'10 and I started trying to lose weight just after Christmas weighing 280. So far I'm down 17lbs. tomorrow is my weigh in day and I'm hoping for a good number this week.
  • sabrina_stafford
    sabrina_stafford Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    and I'm on a mission to lose 120 lbs.
  • shymom05
    shymom05 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    my name is christina i am 29 5'8 and 271lbs and i need to lose at least 100 but would love to lose more.
  • Honey623
    Honey623 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi im Jerilyn im also 5'8 & I weighed in @ 250lbs my CW is 239.4 lbs & I need to loose 100 lbs maling my goal weight 150lbs from there I may loose more depending on how slim I get. I dont want to b pencil thin lol...feel free to add me everyone :):flowerforyou:
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Hi there! 29, 5'8, and would like to lose 100+ lbs from baby weight+. I've been at this two weeks and lost 4.4 lbs my first week! Feel free to add me! I'm a beast with the cardio and have 100% already adapted this lifestyle. I've made some awesome friends and would love to make some more! I think exercise should be about having fun.... well, that's life in general! But we have to have fun to do this.... allow our favorite foods in moderation... and forgive ourselves for cheating and keep it moving.... we just have to remember that we're all in this together and we have to enjoy it, or it'll be torture and we'll just give up. Best of luck, everyone! :)
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    Welcome! And you are farrrr from alone! I admire you for taking this step!
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Yup. 5'9" & 297 after losing 11 lbs. No one belives me when I say weigh (not quite, anymore) 300 lbs either. Can't wait to be skinny enough to buy "tall" clothing again, and be able to button the cuffs on my shirt sleeves! :)