She's nice, why do you ask?
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • jgtz15
    jgtz15 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    really nice! for some reason most mother inl aws are really hard to get along with.. meanly i think because I always get really nervous when i meet new people so they always take it the wrong way
  • Alice_Liddell
    Options
    My mother-in-law passed away a few months before our wedding, but she was wonderful. One of the best people I've ever met. My father-in-law remarried this past weekend (nearly six years after MIL's death). I guess my step-mother-in-law is okay. I don't know her very well, but she is a nice woman and makes my father-in-law happy.
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Mine is a really nice, sweet woman, but she seems to dislike me.

I'm not sure why. And she claims that she loves me, but she's weird with me. When her son and I decided to move in together a few years ago, she asked me if I'm sure I'm ready...my response was "of course" but what I really wanted to say was "One, we're adults and can make this decision without your help" (we're both in our 30's) "and two, I have a son. If I wasn't sure about this relationship, I wouldn't put my son through this"

That same weekend, my dear mother-in-law walked into the room (at her house) holding a picture of my boyfriend and his ex and said "Isn't this a great picture?"
    Um what??? A little inappropriate, I think. She must still wish he was with his ex. I don't know...

Anyway, I'm always sweet to her and spend time with her when we're there, but she's got a wall up. Been a few years and maybe someday I'll break through it.
  • tina9988
    tina9988 Posts: 369
    Options
    She's a nightmare!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Never met her...but I'm hoping to soon!! Nevertheless, I :heart: her :smooched:
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My ex- MIL was one of those salt of the earth, light of the world types. I mean this woman was a SAINT. I actually still think of her often, and generally in a far better light than I do my ex.....
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It's my future mother in law. (getting married September 2013). She is amazing and so funny. She is the sweetest thing ever, and she would give you or anyone for that matter the shirt off her back. She makes sure my fiance and me are taken care of even if it's sending a few dollars so we can just enjoy a night out. She will always hug me and say that she loves me. And she will always make you laugh
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    We tolerate each other
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Her living in another state is probably the biggest reason we get along well. :)
  • NamsdnaL
    NamsdnaL Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    We have our ups and downs.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    She's lovely and I adore her. She's really just a big kid, and she's a bit flakey and off in her own happy little world, but the older I get, the more "Lalalaaa" moments I have.
    I wish she lived closer.
    She didn't like me at first, because I was stealing away her little boy, but we're good these days, I think, I hope, because I love her very much.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I love my mother in law very much, and I respect who she is and what she's done, she has raised a wonderful man, and she has always been great with bounderys, AND she loves that her son and I met but I have been known to royaly piss her of, lol i dont mean to but she doesnt like my stance on life ect but she loves ME =)
  • IdRatherBeReading
    IdRatherBeReading Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My MIL passed away in June 2004 and I miss her pretty much every single day. She was beyond amazing. I had my oldest daughter in 2002 and MIL was our childcare when I went back to work. She taught my daughter so many things in that year before she was diagnosed with cancer. She spoiled us like crazy and was someone I loved to be around. I wish everyone could have a mother in law like her, lol.
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I *LOVE* my In-Laws! They treat me as an adult instead of a child, they listen and don't judge. Most of the time, I like them better than my parents!
  • Charlahorr
    Charlahorr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Mine is not jus my mother-in-law but my boss too so its REALLY HARD!!! I think if i get a new job our reationship would be way better cuz right now she drives me crazy lol
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty awesome. She has helped my husband and I out A LOT these first 2 years we've been married (and even before we got married). We really hit it off from the get-go.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I love my MIL! I have to say when they come for three weeks it is a little long but I do cherish the time I get to spend with her.

My ex MIL - not so much!