your favorite protein bars

Options
giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
i really like protein bars but either they have way too much calories or way too much carbs i want a balanced bar i can eat feel full but not have it be outrageously unhealthy any ideas?

Replies

• giag09
    giag09 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I like Clif Builder Bars, they have carbs and fat, but are supposedly a low GI food.

i tried the snickers protein bars...its like chewing mud.

special K protein and umm...what as the other....they taste funny.

what about luna bars?
    ---
    ooo
    and there are videos on youtube on how to make your own protein bars
    the summation is whey protein+peanut butter+oatmeal+various ingredients.
  • pinkpeach87
    Options
    Try Quest bars!! They have amazing macronutrients and they are completely all natural and taste delicious. Most of them are around 160 to 200 calories, 5 to 6 net carbs, 5 to 10 grams of fat, and 20 grams of protein. I usually order mine online, they are about 2 dollars each. Love them!
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars! Google them! I order them online though, not sure if you are willing to do that.
  • blueberry67
    Options
    i like the balance bar caramel nut blast - eat them for lunch everyday - kinda like a snickers
  • oceancharmer
    Options
    PURE PROTEIN! The right amount of everything and isn't loaded with sugar like the Cliff bars!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I like the Fit and Active Double Chocolate protein bars...170 cals. They taste like a candy bar..they also have a peanut butter flavor. They cost about 4.69 for 6 of them at Aldi.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have a slight addiction to Luna bars. They are around 190 calories and about 10g of protein(I think, they are in my cupboard and I am comfortable). I haven't tried a nasty one yet. Usually I have one for breakfast. I have found if I don't eat enough protein early in the day I am way snacky later. These do the trick for me.:smile:
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    ProMax LS (lower sugar) or Pure Protein both from Costco. They taste like candy bars and both have descent nutritional values. I eat them as my weekday splurge.
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    QUEST BARS all the way!!! Used to have to buy them directly from them and then I found a store in the area that carried them and now I think they started to carry them at Vitamin Shoppe.
    Apple Pie flavor rocks!! Just had one this afternoon!!!
  • mollydubs
    mollydubs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Chocolate Peanut Caramel bars are just about amazing. I eat the smaller ones (20g protein-ers) as a snack almost daily.
  • JesBroberg
    Options
    Luna bars are delicious, I eat the white chocolate mac nut kind for breakfast with a fruit if Im in a rush and they're totally filling : )
  • Zepplipop
    Zepplipop Posts: 33
    Options
    I really like the Luna Bars. There is an iced oatmeal cookie one that I'm in love with lol.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Think Thin are good and have 0 sugars. Each bar is about 200 calories, and gluten free. I like the lemon flavor, but the chocolate peanut butter is yummy, too!
  • aray1107
    aray1107 Posts: 75
    Options
    I am ADDICTED to UltraLean MOCHA bars by Biogenesis. They are delicious and filling. They have about 20 grams of protein and around 200 calories. But they ARE filling.

I also love any of the Luna bars which work out great for me because many of them are GF.
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I create my own.

2 cups of Quaker oats
    4 scoops of chocolate why protein
    1/3 cup of notfat milk
    1/2 cup of peanutbutter

Mix all together, put in a pan and stick in freezer for 40 minutes. I then cut it into 6-10 bars depending on the calorie count I'm looking for.

Also, this is alot cheaper than buying a dollar to 1.25 a bar.
  • packersfn7
    packersfn7 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I only eat Pure Protein. They are low sugar, high protein. If you want a real treat, try the smores type. Marshmallow just oozes out.
  • Jenn_10
    Jenn_10 Posts: 83
    Options
    Luna bars are the best and they taste pretty good.
  • xXKatrinaXx
    xXKatrinaXx Posts: 234
    Options
    i make my own!!you can find recipies online. I always am cooking all the protein bars on here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-recipes-main-page.html

this way i know exactly whats in them and that there is good quality protein in them! to lessen the carbs i will put less flour and more protein powder. they are delicious =)
  • bunnzye2
    bunnzye2 Posts: 56
    Options
    pure protein peanutbutter caramel surprise. All of the pure protein bars have something, i think its called taste. You can taste chocolate, you can taste caramel, and you can taste peanutbutter. good gawd those things are good, the caramel comes out on a long string when you bite it. Before I found these, I was eating Balance Bar Carbwell for years. They are so good that they are discontinuing them, so I had to find something before all the carbwells are gone. I did pure protein bars in the 80's, and they were HUGE.