Losing our excuses...

We all have excuses that we like to use as to why we can't work out or why we deserve that cupcake or whatever. Now, don't get me wrong - I'm not a fanatic. I have my Friday night cheat meals where I eat total junk. I enjoy beer with friends from time to time. I will eat BBQ and burgers at a cookout. I'm not talking about all that stuff. I'm talking about the day to day indulgences and laziness that sabotages our goals. Cookies at the office, watching an extra TV show rather than hitting the gym, etc. So, here's what I propose:

Write your top three excuses in this thread (for cheating on meals and/or not exercising) and NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!! Here are mine:

It's been a long day and I'm just going to relax for a little while. (Inevitably turns into me sitting on the couch for the remainder of the evening)
I've eaten well all day and one cookie/a few chips/a little ice cream won't hurt me. (Unless I "justify" things to myself 5 days a week)
I don't have time. (Because I, of course, have to spend that time on MFP)

What are yours?

Replies

• lschuttem
    lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
    my biggest excuse for a undeserved snack... "it doesnt have THAT many calories"
    my excuse for not working out... "i worked out hard yesterday and i dont want to strain myself" (somewhat truth, somewhat excuse i think)
    or my favourite... "i dont really need to lose this weight RIGHT away... (maybe later)"
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    My BIGGEST excuse was 'time'. I didnt have 'time' to eat right. I didn't have 'time' to go workout. But all excuses are out the window since finding MFP! I can no longer use 'time' as a excuse because MFP is fast! So cheers to good health :drinker: (with water of course!)

Keep Calm and Carry On,
    Anna
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    *i've had a long day...i just want to put my feet up and not think about anything
    *I don't have time to cook dinner...
    *I've got my period. ha eff that. i still do it :)
  • MereBear1985
    MereBear1985 Posts: 36 Member
    1. I don't have time to workout, something else is more important (I used this one today mixed with, it's cold out)
    2. I am already over my calories by X amount, I might as well just go for it.
    3. I don't feel like cooking.