YOUR MOTHER IN LAW>>? PLEASE ENLIGHTen ME,,

Options

Replies

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My mother in law is beyond awesome. I find her far more enjoyable to be around than my own mother. I've told my husband that if we ever part ways, I'm keeping his mom. (His father is another story entirely.)

The funny thing is, the mothers of all the other men I've been with have disliked me, to say the least. My MIL knows more "dirt" about me than all of them combined (and squared) and she still loves me!
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    hahahaha, lol.
  • dswood
    dswood Posts: 12
    Options
    Mine is awesome. She raised her son well....even though he is an only child, I have never gotten the impression that he is spoiled. She and I are both strong willed, but she has always been very respectful of our privacy, and of our choices on how to raise her only grandchildren. Even if she disagrees with my wishes concerning the kids, she honors them, and I find this very admirable. I only hope to be that good of a mother in law when my kids get married.
  • TisMee76
    TisMee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My MIL is the mum I always wanted for myself.

I have never, or will never be able to, have the deep and meaningful conversations with my own mum like I do my MIL.

She really is the most wonderful woman! And I thank God he saw fit for her to be my MIL.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    My mother in law is amazing.

She's really the mom I wish I had for a mother.

She's definitely not completely normal or sane though. She's insanely talkative, gullible, spoiled and quirky. BUT she isn't addicted to alcohol or smoking like my mom is. She also doesn't have scary mood swings and is very devoted to her family. She also has an awesome hobby of ice skating and working out so she's a great motivation. I'm not saying I hate my mom at all but my mom has given up on life unlike my mother-in-law has. Which is sad because I wish I could go out and do things with my mom but I get life sucked out of me where my MIL will come out and DO ANYTHING with you.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I love mine....she is great with the kids too.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    My MIL(to be) is genuinely nice. That she approves of me may bias that view.
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    i think my ex mother in law is still in jail. she raised wonderful children too. 5 kids...4 different fathers. Her son is 33--divorced twice and has 2 children he's not allowed to have contact with. I know how to pick 'em huh?
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    we're grate she passed on afew years before the wedding...
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    They made a documentary about her actually. It's called Monster In Law :ohwell:
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    well, she's not my mother in law...shes my boyfriends mom, haha, but I like her, very sweet, loving, kind and down to earth.
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    mine is awesome, i really lucked out!
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Mine is a wonderful woman with a huge heart. She is very giving and loves her family.....a little emotional but a great person.
  • lexidell46
    lexidell46 Posts: 143
    Options
    I have none now.But my mother in law was not a very nice person.
  • KansasRain
    Options
    mine is in one word.. CRAZY! she has a personality for every day of the month! of course NONE of them like me, no matter what i do or say. i once caught her trying to teach MY daughter to call HER mama, i also once caught her holding my daughter to her breast (thankfully with her shirt on) whispering to her "if i had breast milk still i would feed you and be your mommy"
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    She's a peach. I could go on and on about her... But I'll just summarize it all by saying that we have no contact with her. On the bright side, having no extended family to worry about really keeps the holidays simple! LOL
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    mine is in one word.. CRAZY! she has a personality for every day of the month! of course NONE of them like me, no matter what i do or say. i once caught her trying to teach MY daughter to call HER mama, i also once caught her holding my daughter to her breast (thankfully with her shirt on) whispering to her "if i had breast milk still i would feed you and be your mommy"

Oh wow. Please tell me you don't still talk to her. I don't think I would have been able to restrain myself around that kind of crazy.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've been married twice, so I've had two.

1. was sweet and generous, but had seriously weird ideas about parenting, hence why her son had grown up as such a loser. We clashed repeatedly, i.e. when my son was sick she said 'I hope I gave him the right amount of medicine because I didn't have my glasses on, sheesh. Now I am divorced from her son, she and I have the same opinion of him and she respects the way I have brought up her grandchildren.

2. I thought MIL no.2 was a sweetie, but when my husband got sick, she was horrible to me. She complained it cost too much to visit us because I didn't want to put her up at my place because I was looking after 2 children and a terminally ill husband, and she was hard work (just sat and waited to be served). She made cutting comments about me when he was dying (oh he's come out of a coma, can you do that can you?, like I was lying). She never asked how we were doing financially now that he wasn't working. It was all about her, not about loving and caring for her ill son.

My current boyfriend's parents are dead, whew.

GG
  • KansasRain
    Options

Oh wow. Please tell me you don't still talk to her. I don't think I would have been able to restrain myself around that kind of crazy.

sadly due to the immigration process ( im from the states my husband is from Canada, trying to move to a new country not easy it would seem) i was forced to live with her for a year and now we some how ended up living next door :( we plan to move as soon as we can afford to.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    She's lovely. A real, down to earth honest person. She lives a few houses away, and i don't mind the closeness. Has never been anything less than wonderful to me.