Almost 25lbs down. I've reached my first mini goal, BUT....

Options
TiffanyV25
TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
I don't feel like I have accomplished anything? I guess I should of posted in the "Motivation and Support" boards, but I'm not really looking for support... I guess I am just wondering if there is anyone else out there that feels the same? My SW was 220, I am 5'8" so my BMI was OBESE. I told myself when I started if only I could get under 200 again that would be a great feeling. So I reached that goal and then told myself that if i reach 196 I won't be technically OBESE anymore, just overweight. My goal weight is 160lbs, so I have less than 40 to go. I UNDERSTAND that this is an accomplishment, but I don't FEEL like it is... Not sure why? I've lost over 11.5" in 2 1/2 months, I am down a clothing size, my body is shrinking before my eyes, but I just don't give myself credit... Well I'm done with my rant. Thanks for any feed back.
Much love <3

Replies

• ice99706
    ice99706 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I feel just like you do. My heaviest was 238.6 I'm down over 20#, 12 since I joined MFP. and my CW: 216.4. I've got about 50# more to go. I even had a big NSV this week. My clothes are getting loose, I nearly ran out of my pants when snow shoeing the other day. But, now, I just am blaaah.

Somedays, I wake up raring to go, and other days its all I can do to get out of bed. I feel like I'm not as motivated as I should or could be. Then as I'm being lazy and wallowing, my husband or my kids will ask me if I "Just Danced" today. I'm looking forward to being OVERWEIGHT instead of Obeese. Actually, I'm looking forward to being at my GOAL WEIGHT.
  • karogs
    karogs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You rock! I wonder if you not feeling excited about your lbs lost because pple have Not started to give u verbal feedback. If this is the case, then stand in the mirror and tell Urself what a good job.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    You rock! I wonder if you not feeling excited about your lbs lost because pple have Not started to give u verbal feedback. If this is the case, then stand in the mirror and tell Urself what a good job.

This :)

Its good to remind yourself that you are doing Good. Have days myself when I feel nothing has changed.. but I keep telling myself no, lots has changed. It helps me to focus on the NSVs when I feel that way.

Celebrate that you are now one "category" closer to normal weight :flowerforyou:
  • TiffanyV25
    TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    True. Good points. Thank you :)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    5'7", starting weight was 238lb in september and now I am 206lb and 0.2 points away from "overweight" on the bmi scale.
    YOU CAN DO THIS!
    If you want a new friend, please add me :)
  • JamsAlex
    JamsAlex Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think we all feel like that at times. I have dropped 88 pounds and still have those days. Some days I get excited and realize how far I have come...others I feel I just can't make anything happen. I agree with karogs too. You are getting to the point where others will definitely start notice then you are going to be getting a lot of encouragement. My advice is to take pictures and put then side by side. It is a great motivator. You have done a fantastic job. Keep it up.
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I agree! Before/After pics definitely help! I have lost 95 pounds and I still have days where I look in the mirror and see the old me. I'm not sure those days will ever completely go away. I'm about 16 pounds away from normal BMI and I can't wait to get there! Just focus on how much better you feel about yourself and how much easier it is to climb the stairs!
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like I have accomplished anything?
    I think you are doing an INCREDIBLE JOB!! push thru!!
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    i feel like that most days even having lost 80+ :noway:
  • mandyquintero1986
    Options
    I feel the same way im down 29lbs I can wear Jeans two sizes smaller.yet when I look im the mirror I still see the fat girl that started this journey. I dont understand why I feel like the way I do. its really frustrating feeling like all my hard work isnt paying off. I can see the number on the scale go down but I still look the same to me. I just keep telling myself not ive up BC I will see it one day just dont give up it will get better! :-)
  • Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It's probably because you're not seeing the results yet. While 25 lbs is a huge number, when you're looking at yourself in the mirror every day, it doesn't feel like you've done anything. I'd suggest taking pictures of yourself now and compare to how you used to be.
  • littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I'm down 37lb and no-one has noticed...people only say they notice because I tell them lol....but I also feel like I haven't accomplished much because it's been EASY! I keep well up above 1200 cals p.d so haven't been hungry, I've sort of fallen in love with exercise so that's not really a struggle, and it's not like a DIET!...I think my problem is that I still have a long way to go! I'm just under 5'7 SW 235, CW 198....I'm still in obese category :(
  • trekkietaz
    Options
    looks like you are on your way keep it up and be proud of yourself
  • MommyBea
    MommyBea Posts: 84
    Options
    Im down 25lbs and ive had soo many ppl say great things about it...It makes me feel great but then i think how far i still have to go! I always try to stay positive no matter what and realize all the huge changes i have made in my life....Be Proud of What You Have Accomplished!!! =D
  • phillieschic
    Options
    When we look in the mirror. or even mentally soul search, we never give ourselves credit for the accomplishments we've made. We are always our own worst critics. That can be good and bad. I know I do it, too. I look in the mirror and only see the things that still need to be changed (in my eyes)...I forget about how far I've come and how hard it was to get there. You're doing an amazing job and you have to find a way to appreciate that within yourself. It's not about outside sources or compliments. It's about personal progress. You felt great about dropping 25 pounds...think about how great the next 10 will feel, then, 20, then 25, then...

Even more importantly, think about how much the simple things like breathing and flexibility have become. You sound like a perfect candidate for yoga, if you don't do it already. Center yourself. Breathe. Appreciate YOU.

You're so worth it.
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    I am the same weight as you (my goal weight is the same too), but I feel great! I feel stronger than ever. I'm training for my first half marathon which will be completed this Saturday. I may be a lil' on the fluffy side, but I'm fit. And I run 13.1 miles for fun! Oh yeah, I'm rockin' this weight.
    friend me if you would like to support one another on this journey!
    You've done amazing, don't let anyone else tell you different. We are women, hear us roar. (I'm a leo too-LOL)
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I got really discouraged last week when i gained weight. But I did what a PP said, and I compared my side to side pictures. They do make a difference. I've lost a good amount in my tummy and thighs. I don't see it because I look the same in the mirror everyday, but I noticed yesterday my trousers for work fit better in the thighs than they used to.:blushing: I haven't lost a size yet. Still the same sadly, but I try to keep motivated.

I kicked my own buns last night at Zumba watching this tiny Asian lady busting it out. I knew that if I wanted to be as thin as her someday, I have to keep going. So I made it my goal to keep up with her. And I did it. I was dripping sweat by then (she was powder dry by the way :laugh: ) but I kept up with her. That made me feel so good. I know when I started I was dying within about 15 minutes. Last night I kept it up and was going full speed for around 45 mins. That is a progress for me. You are NOT the only one who struggles with this. Last week when that %&*&#*&(@ scale went up, I was ready to quit.:explode: But my friends on MFP kept encouraging me to keep going.:flowerforyou: I'm back on track after Zumba last night and I'm ready to go again. Congrats on the 25. You're awesome.:drinker:
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I'm down 37lb and no-one has noticed...people only say they notice because I tell them lol....but I also feel like I haven't accomplished much because it's been EASY! I keep well up above 1200 cals p.d so haven't been hungry, I've sort of fallen in love with exercise so that's not really a struggle, and it's not like a DIET!...I think my problem is that I still have a long way to go! I'm just under 5'7 SW 235, CW 198....I'm still in obese category :(

oh you lucky **** :flowerforyou: :love:
  • morningstarz99
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I see the numbers on the scales dropping consistantly and the measurements are down right unbelieveable... But when I look in the mirror, I see me, as I always have, even when I didnt think I was "that fat"... No one has really noticed, but like one of the previous commenters said, I keep going hard because I know that eventually, I look in the mirror and I will see that 5'2 nice and tone 134 pound woman!

Stay encouraged and know that your efforts will soon pay off.
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I posted after feeling this way too...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/539083-ugh-fat

I know I've lost, but I just don't see it, and it's very discouraging. The key is, don't let it get you down. I let myself have a good cry over how crappy I feel, but then I picked myself back up and committed myself to completing the 30 day shred. I'm not going to judge myself until those 30 days are over.
    Maybe you just need to shake up your routine a little?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!