Replies

• staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Highland Park and prefer the 12 over the 18 which is nice on the cost front. :smile: For a more intense flavour Laphroaig is amazing.

If you prefer your whiskey smooth and without the peat then you can't go wrong with any bottle which says The Macallan' on the label.

The great thing about whisky is the variety. We may be a small country, but we've got plenty of choice when it comes to a wee dram. :drinker:
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I agree with the recommendations for Highland Park 12 and Lagavulin 16 - I also like Laphroaig and other peaty Islays - for a seriously peaty smack in the face, try Ardbeg Uigeadail! I got my OH this as a gift and we both love it.

If you like something sherry casked then try the Aberlour A'bunadh - delicious! But it is cask strength so be sure to take with a drop of water. No point in drinking a nice whisky when the sheer strength of alcohol knocks out your taste buds!

The Old Pulteney 21 is also nice - very different to the types I usually like, has almost appley undertones!
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    Highland Park 18 yr old .. I got a bottle for my 40th and its heaven !!

Also Dalmore, Mortlach and Craggenmore are a few of my favourites :-)

It's a real hobby of mine and I would say I am lucky enough to have visited about 2/3 of the distilleries whose wares are sitting in my cupboard :happy:
  • ding30180
    ding30180 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Check my good friend, Simon, here; www.somanywhiskies.com