Replies

• fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My MIL is the best! It's my SIL I have to worry about lol
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My husband cut her off a few years ago and hasn't looked back. She always played nice in front of me, but apparently she was a nightmare growing up...she was one of those people who enabled and encouraged an abuser. :devil:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    She's awesome! I didn't always think so, but I certainly do now, and she is such a great grandmother to my beautiful son also. I give many thanks to that woman!
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    They made a documentary about her actually. It's called Monster In Law :ohwell:

Mine too! My mother-in-law makes all the other horrible ones look like saints! I thank god we don't talk to her. She's certifiable!
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    A lovely lady but still manages to make me feel like a second class citizen because I never had kids ....even though it was her sons decision not mine :ohwell:
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm happily divorced, and she was part of the reason. Now that she's deceased our daughter has a better relationship with her father and he and I are friends.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    im good with my in-laws, as they are with me
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I love my mother in law. She has 2 boys and is finally happy to have a daughter, but I think it helps that we live 7 hours away from our parents sometimes.
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    She's tolerable I suppose but very judgemental and clueless. Just the other day she saw a pic of me on FB and said oh you look really good but maybe a little tired. :grumble:
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Don't get me started!
  • FHerndon01
    Options
    My MIL is awesome. My own parents recently divorced. My husband and I have been married for 6 years and we have never had an issue. She's great to talk to and has always been so incredibly supportive of whatever we are doing. I consider her to be my mom too, as we as my friend. I'm blessed for sure to have the relationship I have with her. I think I talk to her more than my husband does! lol!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    She was awesome, more of a mother to me than my own mother!! She died a few years ago and I miss her. Now, I'm a mother in law, and my daughter in law and I have the same relationship I had with my mother in law.
  • brandillyn
    brandillyn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    We loathed each other for a long long long time. Even when I was getting into my wedding dress to marry her son she says, "Dang girl, you've gained a bunch of weight, you don't want to go down the isle like that. Let's post pone it." And I've lost weight to fit into that little dress!

But Now we respect each other..
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options

My current boyfriend's parents are dead, whew.

GG

that just sounds terrible
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    My to be monther-in-law was great until we moved in together, now she's just awful. She has stepped on my toes way more than once and we had an all out brawl in Jan and my boyfriend refused to talk to her for over a month because of stuff she did to me that was completely out of line. She is starting to get better but we are avoiding her lately
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I have learned the hard way not to speak ill of my MIL... especially if I have had too many drinks and am around people I do not know well.

SOMEHOW.. she found out I thought she was overly controlling and the most cheap person I have ever met...at least no one really thought that was news... nor when they found out my opinion of her cooking skills....:laugh:
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Not too bad at a distance..
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Is this a public forum? Lol!! I was blessed with a wonderful step-mother-in-law (husband's step-mom) who I just adored and she passed away in November. I miss her every day. She was a beautiful person.

My husband's mother on the other hand... um... not so wonderful :p
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Mine is mean, rotten and miserable.

My husband has a wonderful MIL,

He agrees to both too.
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    She's Satan in human form!!! She lost my husband to social services when he was young and he was raised in group homes until he was 18. She now lays guilt trips on him and he feels like he owes her?!?!?! Shes completely capable of working, but she sits back all day playing Facebook computer games and collecting Social Security. She's married to one guy who now lives in Texas and is living with another guy here in Maryland. Not the best role model for our daughter!!!! Needless to say we don't see each other very often!!!