Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Quick question on NET calories...

I net at around 1300...is that good? I'm eating around 1700 (eating back exercise calories) but I thought that might be too much food for me as I'm close enough to goal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• childofbodom123
    childofbodom123 Posts: 175 Member
    Depends entirely on your current height, weight and age. Need those to work out your BMR. Also your daily activity level. If you are okay sharing that then we can work out your BMR!
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    I'm 5'5, 128lbs and 22! :) And I'm fairly active, walk etc every day.
  • shannonbillows
    shannonbillows Posts: 16 Member
    Depends entirely on your current height, weight and age. Need those to work out your BMR. Also your daily activity level. If you are okay sharing that then we can work out your BMR!

Exactly, once you figure out bmr, you need to eat 500 cals less to lose roughly a .5 kilos a week, extra exercises is great to get you there faster

being a woman generally you need to watch what you eat a little more closly in comparison to men. guys are just bigger and can get away with more you may avrage somewhere around 1000-1200 cals to lose
  • childofbodom123
    Thanks! Lets have a look..

Your BMR for your current weight and height is 1,414 calories. You are fairly active so we times that by 1.55 to get your daily calorie goal to maintain your current weight. That is 2,191 calories each day to maintain your weight (That includes exercise!).

You wish to lose 14lb more.

So, 3,500 calories is a pound. To lose one pound per week you need to eat 3,500 calories less per week, that is 500 calories less per day.

So, 2,191 calories - 500 calories = 1,691 calories.

So to lose 1 pound per week you need to eat 1,691.

So your current goal is just about perfect :smile:
  • childofbodom123
    I should add that those numbers are based on your activity level, which would be walking or doing exercise 3 - 5 days a week for at least an hour a day. If you think you do less than that, let me know and i'll recalculate!
  • Lyra89
    I probably do more than that as I have a long way to travel to college so walk for a couple of hours each day!

Thank you SO much, that is beyond helpful xxx
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Exactly, once you figure out bmr, you need to eat 500 cals less to lose roughly a .5 kilos a week, extra exercises is great to get you there faster
    Incorrect. BMR is not the same as TDEE.
  • Lyra89

What is TDEE?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure. Your BMR plus the amount of calories you burn doing your daily activities.
  • childofbodom123

What is TDEE?

TDEE = Total Daily Energy Expenditure.

TDEE is a rough estimate of the energy (in calories) that your body needs for you to function on a typical day. It is similar to BMR but not the same, however with what I worked out above you do not need to worry about TDEE as I have covered it above. To work it out, it is your height, weight and age and your daily activity, it then determines how many calories you burn by either sitting all day and just breathing or how many you burn if you walk most of the day etc. It then includes this on to your daily calorie requirement to maintain your weight. From that you can then get your BMR.

However, do not worry! I covered both TDEE and BMR above in the numbers and everything is just peachy!
  • childofbodom123
    I probably do more than that as I have a long way to travel to college so walk for a couple of hours each day!

Thank you SO much, that is beyond helpful xxx

That is my pleasure, if you need any help just add me and ask away! Only too happy to help!