Warrior Dash

Options
I am getting ready to start week 5 of C25K, and I am strongly considering signing up for the Warrior Dash in the Poconos in June. Am I crazy??? I think it looks awesome and I'm not scared of the obstacles, but do you think someone just starting out in the running world can do it? Any tips would be more than welcome!!!!

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Go for it!

I did it last year, and the running was the easy part.
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Definitely do it ! I did one in Oct and am doing another on Apr 15th . The one I did was a 5k but with all the obstacles its not really
    straight running . What distance is the Warrior Dash ?
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have my first one on Saturday! EEEK! So excited :)
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I think you'll do fine-c25k will have you running that distance with no problem. But to most (not all) the point isn't finishing the race with the best time, it's just finishing it. Run/walk/crawl if you need to, complete the obstacles and get over that finish line. Then wear your fuzzy hat with pride.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i have my first one in May. i'm working on becoming a runner, but i'm not quite there yet. if i don't run the race, i won't care, i just want to FINISH. and i'm going to do that. i'm going to go and have an AWESOME time and i'm going to have FUN. i say sign up, i say have a blast. don't worry about the time on this one. just know that your time on the NEXT one will be better.
  • Lori1472
    Lori1472 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Definitely do it ! I did one in Oct and am doing another on Apr 15th . The one I did was a 5k but with all the obstacles its not really

It's 3.38 miles - for the Poconos anyway.
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it, too and I had a hip replacement in December. I think the running part will be the easiest - you can do it! Or have fun trying!
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options

It's 3.38 miles - for the Poconos anyway.

You can do it ! Just like everyone else is saying , its all about finishing and the focus is on the obstacles . You won't be the first newbie there either, I can guarantee you that ! Good luck and let us know what you decide :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    i have my first one in May. i'm working on becoming a runner, but i'm not quite there yet. if i don't run the race, i won't care, i just want to FINISH. and i'm going to do that. i'm going to go and have an AWESOME time and i'm going to have FUN. i say sign up, i say have a blast. don't worry about the time on this one. just know that your time on the NEXT one will be better.

You will be wonderful my maab!

to all - I did my first one last September weighing in at 270. I walked the whole way. I attempted every obstacle, completed 75% of them. And I had a blast! I'm going again in June with my 16 yo niece. I hope to shave some time off, but I will probably walk a lot of it again.

There are some who go to compete, no gonna lie. But mostly just go out and have fun!
  • Lori1472
    Lori1472 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Okay, it obviously didn't take much convincing, but I'm doin' it!!! Thanks for all of your encouragement! I'm getting excited already!