popcorn as snack

Options
are kernel brand popcorn (savoury flavours) a good option for snacks?provided i portion control them?

Replies

• ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I recently learned of a great trick and portion control. Take 1/4 cup of kernels and put into a brown paper bag(lunch bag)..microwave a couple minutes.. should get you about 100 calories worth of popcorn.

I also spray mine with I can't believe it's not butter spray and add a pinch of salt or parmesan cheese.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Anything is a good option for a snack as long as it is something you enjoy and fits with your nutritional requirements.
  • gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    I just tried the 100 cal kettle corn by orville yesterday and its good
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I love snacking on popcorn.
    I've also heard it is good in antioxidants.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I eat it everyday.
  • androde
    androde Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've got an air popper and just eat it freshly popped
  • aroobq
    aroobq Posts: 14
    Options
    I've got an air popper and just eat it freshly popped

this actually sounds like a good economical option, we have it at home ill ask mum to dig it out
  • shelly62475
    shelly62475 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me too!!...an its the best popcorn EVER!!...I will never go back to the other microwave popcorn...an its much healthier for you :happy:
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    home made is awesome, super easy, super cheap and far more healthy (unless you alter it not to be)

i just make mine with a little veggie oil, salt and cracked pepper
  • shelly62475
    shelly62475 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I recently learned of a great trick and portion control. Take 1/4 cup of kernels and put into a brown paper bag(lunch bag)..microwave a couple minutes.. should get you about 100 calories worth of popcorn.

I also spray mine with I can't believe it's not butter spray and add a pinch of salt or parmesan cheese.

This is the only way I eat my pocorn as well!!...my favorite snack before bedtime...YUMMY!!!!