Lost 7 lbs since last Thursday by eating MORE!

Options

Replies

• woodstockmom
    woodstockmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Hi! Are you talking about net calories here? Thanks!

Yes! Net calories all the way!
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Saving for later :smile:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Bump great post! X
  • shellrocker12
    shellrocker12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I ran across this post!! I'm pretty new here, and have been pretty confused regarding how to set my calorie intake. I recently increased my calorie intake (certainly do not want to go into starvation mode, as I've got plenty of fat stored up, and sure don't wan to add to it!!) I'm 5'7, and have I think 74 lb's to loose to get to my goal weight.
    I'm also wondering what does TDEE stand for??
    Best of luck everyone!!
  • thecazstewart
    thecazstewart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Very pleased for you and relieved for me...this is my second week of upping my calories from 1290 to 1400 ... so far nothing, but I'm not giving up just yet. I shall be giving this experiment a full four weeks.

Trouble is, if the scales still refuse to budge, do I up the calories further or drop back down to 1290????? :sad:
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    TDEE stands for Total Daily Energy Expenditure... it's your BMR plus what you need for more than just breathing.

Go look for helloitsdan's posting, and go to his profile, and read it... he has links to the calculator, plus a great explanation.

I personally net about 2100 calories per day. Yes, it is working.
  • lovefool63
    lovefool63 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 pounds my first week ! Like you eating more and I re-started my weight loss, Friday will be 2 weeks and I am down 7 pounds.
  • grendel322
    grendel322 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone on here, it IS totally confusing to try to figure out what works and how to adjust your calories. I had initially lost a good bit, but then stalled for a long time. I was confused because the stall seemed to coincide with upping my workouts and intensity! I read a chart on here a couple of weeks ago about how much you were trying to lose, and how much you should set for your weekly loss goal, and decided to change mine from one pound per weel to 1/2 pound. This gave me 300 extra calories per day which seemed like manna from heaven! My last two weigh-ins have had me back to dropping weight, and the only thing I can attribute it to is the increase in calories. Use all the tools and advice this site has to offer! If you're stalled, there's a reason for it! You just need to work out what it is.
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Awesome job to those of you who are upping your calories and doing it the right way! Helloitsdan's advice on the forums has seriously changed my life! He's a smart one! :) I just wanted to give you a quick update, since I posted I have continued to be a pound less EVERY morning with the exception of this weekend when I didn't go over by much but didn't eat GOOD food. It's important to fill those calories with HEALTHY food that makes you feel good! What's the point in all of it if you don't FEEL GOOD too!? Congrats again and thank you Helloitsdan for your advice! I wish they had some sort of an MFP BEST FRIEND award on here! You are definitely changing the way people think!
  • K1mmer
    K1mmer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Bump

And...THANK YOU to the original poster and to ALL of you who have posted advice here.
  • Seppron
    Seppron Posts: 11
    Options
    Getting 1200 calories a day is way to low, your starving your body and you will not function well.
    So when you increase your intake to 1800-2500 you will function much bether and you can actualy have longer workouts and much more energy.

I have been running on around 1800-2000 calories a day and that is to low for me, now im up at 3000kalories a day the last week and I can have a hardcore workout for around 1,5-2 hours, two weeks ago I could barely have a 30 min workout, just because of my low intake. My intaked should be 2350 a day.

I am not trying to lose my weight or anything just saying that with more intake you should train more and you can train longer and harder = weight loss or/and muscle gaining(depends on your training)

Like my friend he changed his diet to healty meals and increased his calorie intake, then he got the energy so he could manage do some training, and after a year now he have gone from fat to slim/muscular

So ppl at least get your recomended calories a day, or perhaps increase it with 100-200 and have a 1h workout 3-4 days a week. And take a banan or two after/before/in the middle of the workout to gain some more energy
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • abetter_me
    abetter_me Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me out with this calorie thing? How do i know how many calories i need to loose weight? The MFP calories seems to be miscalculated.
  • SilviCor
    SilviCor Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me out with this calorie thing? How do i know how many calories i need to loose weight? The MFP calories seems to be miscalculated.

Find Helloitsdan's profile and check out the links. :)
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    this is awesome! i think i will start eating back my exercise calories
  • anfmusicgrl
    anfmusicgrl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Last week on vacation, while still staying under my TDEE, I allowed myself more calories (above BMR more than usual); and to my surprise, I lost 5.5 lbs over 3 days. I had expected to see a small increase in weight just due to the actual weight of the food increase...but, it was a pleasant surprise! Proof that our bodies do not like to starve, and will usually cooperate more with fat loss when giving it enough fuel!
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm trying out increasing my calories, too. I only upped it from 1250 to 1400--I'm too scared to go higher. I'm hoping this will help. My loss rate has slowed slightly since I started.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!