Totally OT

sarabear
sarabear Posts: 864
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay I have this dot rash all over my body! It looks like pimples but it's not. I itches a little, any clues??? I don't want to go to the doc for him to tell me, hmmmmmmmmm you are allergic to something, you figure it out type of speech and go home and take a benedryll.

Replies

• have you come in contact with anything new? food, landry detergent?
  • sarabear
    Not that I know of, I have started eating the 90 cal special K bars, but I've had them in the past and they didn't do this, I also have a cold right now, that's why I'm kinda worried about this rash, you know the thinking it's a 'deadly diesase' when it's nothing :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Chicken pox?
  • Ffer0509
    Ffer0509 Posts: 13 Member
    That happened to me this spring. I gave in an went to the doctors because I was sooooo itchy...I coudn't sleep. Through the process of elimination, I discovered it was a new body lotion I had purchased and had loved right up until that point.

After I discontinued using it, it took about a week for the itching to stop and about 4 weeks for the rash to completely go away.

The only things that gave me relief were benedryl and a steroid cream that the doctor prescribed.

:ohwell:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    have you been working out more, or wearing something you normally don't wear when you work out, maybe it is just like a sweat rash

i was acctually getting one just off to the side of my boobs from a new sports bra before
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Is it all over your body? or just on one side? I had shingles in the spring. I had it only on my right thigh. I've heard that if you have it on your body you will only have it on one side.
    If it is shingles the sooner you get treatment the better your chances of a quick recovery. And without treatment you can have long term pain.
    Did you have chicken pox before? That is how you get shingles. The virus lays dormant in your system. Then flares up. Mine was probably caused by stress. Mostly you hear about old people getting it.
    If you did not have chicken pox that's what it could be.

Hope you feel better soon:flowerforyou:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    yeah i agree with keiko, get checked out!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I was just looking at rashes online last night. (Trying to figure out what poison ivy looks like.)

Google up RASHES and MAYO CLINIC. They have a descriptive slideshow. I saw some that look like what you are describing. More than likely, you will want a dr appt for safety's sake.
  • sarabear
    I have a friend that's an RN and had her look @ it. She didn't seem worried about it, she nurses for my doc :) She said take some allergy meds and see if it goes away. Now that I've been thinking about it I did use ONCE a new lotion. I think this may be the prob :grumble: :grumble: :sad: :sad: :sad: I LOVE my new Ed Hardy! Thanks!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I did that one time after staying in a hotel - all over - we guessed it was from the detergent the hotel used to wash the sheets...

I had to go to doc and get steroids but the other advice was benadryl and aveeno baths - you could try it.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I did that one time after staying in a hotel - all over - we guessed it was from the detergent the hotel used to wash the sheets...

I had to go to doc and get steroids but the other advice was benadryl and aveeno baths - you could try it.

My daughter had a penicilin (sp?) rash. Benadryl seems to be the answer for all rashes!
This discussion has been closed.