Are you a stress eater?

Options
I know that some people eat like there's no tomorrow when they are stressed/depressed/upset. I on the other hand have to force myself to eat when I am stressed.

What are you?

Replies

• angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Depends. Sometimes I am like you and have to force feed myself. Sometimes I eat like there is no tomorrow!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am a stress eater. I eat stress, and poop rainbows!!!

but seriously, I am more prone NOT ot eat when I am stressed. When I get really stressed, my stomach tends to tighten up and I just don't feel like eating. That does not stop me, however, from pouring it full of beer or tequila from time to time.....
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm not. I have to force myself and if I do eat I normally get sick. Stress is a great diet (joking)
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

but seriously, I am more prone NOT ot eat when I am stressed. When I get really stressed, my stomach tends to tighten up and I just don't feel like eating. That does not stop me, however, from pouring it full of beer or tequila from time to time.....

LOL there's always room for booze!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Nope, I just want to do nothing. I'm not an emotional eater either.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Fast food junky stress eater - I know I am feeling stressed when I want a big mac and french fries from McDs :(, chips and ice cream...
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I way overeat when I am stressed and when I am tried. Monday's are terrible for me because I am so tired and if I let it, the weekends are bad as well. We are remodeling right now and it is stressful!!
  • LifeOnMars_
    Options

LOL there's always room for booze!

I'll second that!
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am a stress eater.. or should I say I used to be a stress eater.. I felt myself stressed last night and I wanted to reach for junk but I forced myself to re think and instead I had a filling healthy dinner and took a nice long walk with my husband...in order to lose weight and keep it off you really have to make it a life style change.. I personally got so large because I let my stress and emotions over come me.. you have to find a different outlet.. its all a learning process its very hard to over come but if you keep trying it will get easier and easier every time.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm maybe a bit of a stress eater... In general, I notice I eat when I'm angry at myself.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I hate being so stressed but what a freaking diet boost! lol jk
  • LifeOnMars_
    Options
    I hate being so stressed but what a freaking diet boost! lol jk

haha I went through a breakup a while ago and I wasn't sad that the relationship was ending but it was the moving, pets looking for a new place and everything else that went along with it that was playing on my nerves and I tell you I must've lost 15 pounds at least during that ordeal.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm a stress eater, for sure, so to balance that out I've started doing a lot of yoga and meditation, plus running helps too. I figure, if I'm gonna eat because I'm stressed, I better go run 5 miles to burn it off!
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    hi, my name is Lorie and I am a stress eataholic!! It makes me feel better. But now, I try to do something else besides eat..play with my dogs (helps my stress big time) when I am stressed my brain triggers my stomach to hurt and I want to eat to make it stop, wrongfully mistaking it for hunger pains. My biggest accomplishment is ackowledgeing what happens and derail myself to do something else. That not only helps me from getting over stressed about the situation I have no control over,it also lifts my spirits.My dogs always make me laugh. Laughter is good medicine!:laugh:
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    I don't eat when I am stressed I go the other way but I do eat bad when I am tired to my bones and my job coupled with home life makes me like that some days.

Whatever is first out of the cupboard will do ...a 12 hour day with no breaks and 2 hours driving coupled with never ending household chores is enough to make me reach straight for the chips and forget the healthy stuff in the fridge ....not proud that I do this but I guess some days you are only human ...
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    when i'm stressed i tend to eat more

when i'm REALLY stressed i stop eating completely.

not good either way....
  • 911chell
    911chell Posts: 26
    Options
    I am all of those , however I have been working on it and it is getting better. When I am stressed I go for a run, If I am depressed I take a bath, If im just in the mood to munch I grab som sugar free dark chocolate and walnuts just a few and make them last !!!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am definitly not a stress eater. If I am really stressed/upset I basically stop eating completely. Which isn't good, so I know when that happens I need to take a time out, and try and get some food in.

I am also like that when I am sick as well.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Definitely a stress eater.
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am such an emotional eater! The worst is when i'm bored, or super excited about something.