Slim-Fast / Weight Loss Shakes

Options
adamb83
adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
So, I need some suggestions on cheap/easy meal shake replacements.

I have one for lunch every day (with a stick of string cheese and a baggie of fruit). I was drinking the Slim Fast Rich Chocolate Royale, but the brand got too expensive.

I've been drinking the Market Pantry (Target) Ultra Weight Loss shakes instead... but they have 17g of sugar, which is about half of my daily allotment.

I need an alternative that is about the same price (I pay $5 for 6 cans) and that also has the nutrients, protein, vitamins, etc... but far less sugar. Anyone out there use something or know of something similar?

Thanks!

Replies

• DMRN0125
    DMRN0125 Posts: 87
    Options
    If your looking for high calorie, low in sugar, be careful that its not laden with tons of artificial sugars. I know a friend at the gym who drinks these regularly when hes running late and wont have access to cold water to make a protein shake.

http://www.boost.com/nutritional-drinks/boost-glucose-control?gclid=CP27s8G5h68CFQuf7Qod1DKx-Q

The stats look similar to Slim Fast and there's a $2 coupon on their website which makes the shakes about $6 for a six pack.

Hope this helps.
  • mmannequinn
    mmannequinn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    try atkins shakes. they cost like $6 for 4 shakes & they taste awesome & less sugar! i LOOOVE "mocha latte"!!
    160 calories ; 9g fat; 5g carbs; 1g sugar; 15g protien
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I actually like the walmart brand of shakes. They are relatively inexpensive. I think about $5 for 6 cans. I haven't looked at the ingredients in a while, but I drank these exclusively for 2 months while my mouth was wired shut and my hair, nails, and skin, never looked better. Not to mention I lost a ton of weight. Good luck!
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    The boost looks good, but it's only 8 oz.

The Atkins seems a bit expensive for me. =/
  • donnantx
    donnantx Posts: 76
    Options
    I have always like the EAS Myoplex Lite Shakes....I no longer use them so not familiar with the cost
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have always like the EAS Myoplex Lite Shakes....I no longer use them so not familiar with the cost

This is the best brand I have found. You can get the powder at Target only and it is about $20.00 which lasts me around a month. I have one shake for breakfast with non fat milk everyday at it is about 190 calories. I think there is only 2 grams of sugar but 15 grams of protein.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Do you have Fred Meyer or Kroger in your area?

The Kroger brand weight loss shakes are delicious and much cheaper than slimfast. I used them when I lost weight before and they were great.