does anyone here do Paleo Diet?

Options
I have been doing paleo for about 2.5 mths.... I have had my cheats but overalll its how i eat..
I am struggling with loss tho- I am now cutting out almost all carbs even veggies....
Does anyone else who is doing this plan have such a struggle?
Thanks

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    You don't have to watch calories to lose weight on paleo, just avoid foods on the naughty list.

This is what I've been told, anyway.
  • MsMerse
    MsMerse Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm just starting to eat Paleo so I'll keep checking in on this thread to let you know how it goes. I just got serious about it a week ago so I don't have much to tell you at the moment.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    What's left to eat if you're doing paleo with NO carbs?!

Have you tried just counting calories as opposed to doing this primal thing??
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Why are you cutting out veggies? That doesn't make sense.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    No veggies??? um... yeah thats not gonna last.

I know if I cut carbs out - like fruits and veggies, my brain turns to mush and being around me becomes a hazard... I would re-evaluate that plan of action.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

My thought exactly. I thought the point of the paleo diet was to cut out carbs from *grains* (and certain vegetables, such as potatoes), not carbs altogether.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    um, you do still need veggies - a paleo diet consists of - protein, veggies, good fats and a little fruit - paleo is not protein only.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

Especially veggies! Paleo man eats veggies o.O
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I have been doing paleo for about 2.5 mths.... I have had my cheats but overalll its how i eat..
    I am struggling with loss tho- I am now cutting out almost all carbs even veggies....
    Thanks

Tons of Paleo support on MFP:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?phrase=paleo&order=0
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    MOAR VEG FOR ME!

thank you!

p.s. you know that you're doing Paleo wrong, don't you? fruit, veg, meat... grain and dairy are what you're supposed to cut out. in any event, eliminating things you love is not a sustainable lifestyle for most people. eliminating fiber is going to lead to a bowel obstruction!
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options

It's not NO carbs - it's no grains or other processed junk. The main components are lean proteins and veggies.
  • paulmrice
    paulmrice Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    One of my Facebook friends had this posted on their site... sums it up nicely.

paleo-1.jpg
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

It's not NO carbs - it's no grains or other processed junk. The main components are lean proteins and veggies.

which we all know. OP is cutting out veggies though :huh:
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Where are you gonna get your vitamins tho?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Thanks

The cheats are most likely hindering your weight loss. I am going through a stall myself and it is due to home made ice cream.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming? I have a number of digestive issues, so I've had to adopt a Paleo-like style of eating or feel the wrath of the angry belly. One thing I've noticed is that I have a hard time meeting my calorie goals each day because I'm just not that hungry. I eat a lot of veggies, fruit, eggs, chicken and fish. I get creative to ensure that I'm eating enough because if I don't my weight loss stalls. Maybe try paying attention to the total calories for a while, and make sure you aren't too low.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Especially veggies! Paleo man eats veggies o.O

Paleo man eats bugs, people, dirt, dead birds, boogers, guinea worm ridden monkeys.. and protein shakes.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    MOAR VEG FOR ME!

thank you!

p.s. you know that you're doing Paleo wrong, don't you? fruit, veg, meat... grain and dairy are what you're supposed to cut out. in any event, eliminating things you love is not a sustainable lifestyle for most people. eliminating fiber is going to lead to a bowel obstruction!

If there is sufficient water and fat consumption there will be no constipation.....fiber is not as necessary as they claim.

And as for doing it wrong.......there is no "wrong way" live the Paleo lifestyle unless you have went back to processed foods.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Because of the constant paleo threads and the varying views even from "Paleoans"( <---- Is that appropriate?), I'm beginning to think they don't even know what "eating Paleo" means.

JDsheadexplodes.gif
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Veggies are a big base of the paleo diet. If you are cutting them out that is hardly paleo. I'm not sure what you eat cutting out carbs. Just meat and fats? That sounds terribly unbalanced and I haven't read paleo advice that encourages such choices.