Please dont laugh??

Options
Shanta1983
Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
:laugh: :laugh: But I wanna cook me some whole wheat pasta, and it saids 2 oz 180 calories....How much would that be in cups ...:laugh: Im so use to thngs been in cup and tsp measurements ...I know I should remember that but I dont

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    the depends on the pasta. for smaller pastas like macaroni, rotini, and elbow noodles, its about a cup.

edit: that would be 1 cup cooked
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    No problem girl I do the same thing all the time....8 ounces is a cup so 2 oz should be 1/4 cup.

But I might be wrong too haha :laugh:
  • teal2111
    teal2111 Posts: 16
    Options
    There is weight oz and liquid oz. Is the 2 oz cooked or raw? You could googe weight conversions and you should be able to find a site that will help you figure it ou.
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    the depends on the pasta. for smaller pastas like macaroni, rotini, and elbow noodles, its about a cup.

Its penne pasta
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    No problem girl I do the same thing all the time....8 ounces is a cup so 2 oz should be 1/4 cup.

I said that to myself 8oz is a cup 4 oz is half cup 20z 1/4 yea lol
  • expressbug
    expressbug Posts: 100
    Options
    2 oz serving of pasta is by weight. You will need a scale to get an exact serving. However after you cook it will be approx. 1 cup cooked depending on the type of pasta it is.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options

If this is true you just changed my world, I've been counting 1 cup as 8 oz, so when I have pasta it's crazy calories for me (but I have it anyways because I can't live without my whole wheat pnne)
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    I know right it is awesome the calories are but Im good with it because mines is organic sodium free 14g of protein 1.5 gram of fat low in carbs so i love this stuff whoop whoop fat is what really counts so Im good
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    OK so I have just relaized with this info I have been severly underestimating my calorie intake, I have pasta like 3 to 4 times a week! Maybe this is why I have stalled in my weight loss, I haven't been eating enough!
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    Hey Shanta,

What is the name of the penne you buy that is sodium free? Thanks! Keep up the good work, you'll be in the Military by your goal date.
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Hey Shanta,

What is the name of the penne you buy that is sodium free? Thanks! Keep up the good work, you'll be in the Military by your goal date.

I get it out the organic section at my job is call Bionaturae whole grain penne pasta and its the bomb :bigsmile:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Daisy,
    I was worried about doing the same thing, so I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and bought a simple food scale. Now I can weigh stuff beforehand, and don't have to guess. I think the scale cost about $20.
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Daisy,
    I was worried about doing the same thing, so I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and bought a simple food scale. Now I can weigh stuff beforehand, and don't have to guess. I think the scale cost about $20.

Thanks for telling her I need to go get one tommorrow when I get off work
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    lmao i look at how many servings are in a box and eyeball it in sections lol
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options

Fluid ounces and ounces are not the same! 2 ounces in a measure of weight, 8 fluid ounces is a measure of liquid- they aren't the same thing!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    lmao i look at how many servings are in a box and eyeball it in sections lol
    thats all I do, really. I figure considering all the running around the house I do playing with the cat and up and down stairs without logging it these days that if Im off by a few calories here and there then itll even out LOL
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    2 ounces dry cooks up to one cup! It absorbs water and swells up in the cooking process. there is a cool little kitchen tool I use for spaghetti noodles! if you can pass the noodles through the hole the size of a quarter,before cooking, that is one portion! On most pasta bags or boxes it tells you how many portions in the box/bag. measure it out that way since size and shape effect how it fits in a cup too! Good going on the plan Shanta! you are banging it out!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i got my scale for $5 at target for the sole purpose of measuring out pasta (and the occasional cheese)
  • biochemnrd
    Options
    Made some today. Along with some homemade sauce (Thanks to my pop). It was delicious! :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I measured 2 oz dry
    Cooked it
    And it was 1 cup cooked

I love me some pasta!!:flowerforyou: