Ladies what's your Lb gain before \ during TOM???

Options
13»

Replies

• juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I don't know if/what I gain before TOM, but I do know that I just stepped off the scale very discouraged. I started TOM two days ago, and I've been working out more and eating super clean and light (probably too light), and I stepped on the scale and it was the same that it's been for a few weeks. Hopefully after TOM is over, my progress will show up a bit on the scale. *fingers crossed*
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    5-10 lbs
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    3-5 in water weight, for 5 days, EVERY MONTH.
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    2.5-5 lbs
    Gotta love it
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I magically lost weight during my last TOM. Went from 58 to 57 kilos and that's where it still is now, although that's probably not the answer best suited for the purpose of this thread haha. But yes, I usually gain a bit as well during TOM and just feel bloated in general.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from about 2-8 lbs.
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    2-4 lbs which also masks any "real" weight loss until I lose the water weight.

I felt so bloated this month, I measured my waist, and it was up by .75 inches! Gone with the weight, though.
  • Sjvarley123
    Sjvarley123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much for starting this thread. Have been really discouraged this week as no weight loss even though all my numbers say i should.... but had a lightbulb moment reading this as doh!! its that time. Thankyou - feel much happier now. I can sometimes put on up to 5 lbs but it goes within the week.
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    2lbs gain during the week of the cycle, weight came off after TOM finished
  • sixxfan4ever
    sixxfan4ever Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I gain between 3-5 pounds that thankfully leaves a week later!! :laugh:
  • alainagrisham
    Options
    3-5 lbs. Diurex is my BFF.

Oh my goodness! Me too! I always have a huge gain, around 4-6 lbs, but if I avoid salt and carbonated beverages it is usually better. (But realisitically, that doesn't happen very much on my TOM bc I have ridiculous cravings too!) I have used Diurex in the past though because I just swell up so much!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I actually only gained one pound for one day...then went back to the normal weight and even lost two pounds the last week. So it depends on the person for the TOM.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    2-5 lbs

It always goes away about 2 days after I'm done though.
    Remember to drink lots of water.
    Popping a pre-natal vitamin always helps energy levels, too (due to the iron, and obviously if you have a heavier flow, you might need extra to replenish your body) thus helping you get to the gym more :)
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    its nice to see that others get it before! I thought I was a little odd..........

I can gain anything up to 7lb the week before, but as soon as TOM starts it goes back to normal.