Iv'e lost 11 pounds in one week!!!

Options
Wow i am loving MFP! I have lost 11 pounds sense starting last Monday! I have stayed under my calorie goal, i have not exercised everyday though but some. I also take vitamins so that my body does not go into starvation mode. If anyone would like to know what they are i will be more than happy to share the info!!! I'm so excited, i also know that a lot of that weight i lost was water weight as i do retain a lot of it. So it will start getting tougher for the weight to come off. And anyone that likes positive friends add me!! I want as many friends as i can have in case one day i get negative ;-p hehe God bless everyone on their weight loss journey!!

Replies

• 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Good job on losing the weight!

But stay *at* that calorie goal or close to it. You don't want to sabotage your efforts by lowering your glycemic index and slowing down the process of weight loss... and it will slow down once the beginning phase of weight loss is over with as your metabolism adjusts to the calories shedding over a period of weeks.

Keep up with good work!
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    WOW.....that's great!! Now that's some real motivation!!! I have never lost more than 4 lbs a week ...so far. Congrats!!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    So I take it you are fishing for people to buy your supplements? I also am assuming you are talking 11 lbs of fecal matter that you have lost via taking said supplements?

I really hope people are smart enough to not fall for this stuff.

Lesa
  • 250momma
    250momma Posts: 12
    Options
    roflol @ me selling vitamins...... if i worked for wal-mart and they were paying me to sell their vitamins then i guess you would be right, but seeing that they are not paying me to buy from them you are wrong :) But thats ok we all make mistakes. I'm not selling anything I just eat around 1,000 calories a day and take vitamins to help my body get what it needs. Have a blessed day!
  • ieva015
    ieva015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    So I take it you are fishing for people to buy your supplements? I also am assuming you are talking 11 lbs of fecal matter that you have lost via taking said supplements?

Lesa

wow... are you serious...?
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Just as an FYI, taking vitamins is awesome, but it won't help prevent starvation mode, or whatever you call it.

Vitamins can prevent certain nutrient deficiencies, but your body needs X amount of calories to be healthy, and if you're not eating X amount of calories, taking a vitamin isn't going to help.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am sorry for the assumption. I have some people on FB that are doing this type of thing trying to sell weight loss supplements.

I do not know what kind of loss you have experienced but I hope you know that losing weight at a rapid rate will cause some serious skin hanging, which is not attractive. Are you doing a cleanse? I am a big fan of the acia colon cleansing products, if that is the case, good for you!

1000 calories is also not enough food. As a matter of fact, 1200 is not enough food to be honest. If you find yourself at a stand still in a few weeks or months, please, by all means, try to eat more. If you need some help with some good nutritious foods to incorporate to your diet, please feel free to contact me.

Once again, I apologize for the misunderstanding, I should have not jumped to that conclusion. This is a little thorn in my side because of some underhanded things I feel that are going on with a few of my relatives.

Lesa
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am sorry for the assumption. I have some people on FB that are doing this type of thing trying to sell weight loss supplements.

I do not know what kind of loss you have experienced but I hope you know that losing weight at a rapid rate will cause some serious skin hanging, which is not attractive. Are you doing a cleanse? I am a big fan of the acia colon cleansing products, if that is the case, good for you!

1000 calories is also not enough food. As a matter of fact, 1200 is not enough food to be honest. If you find yourself at a stand still in a few weeks or months, please, by all means, try to eat more. If you need some help with some good nutritious foods to incorporate to your diet, please feel free to contact me.

Once again, I apologize for the misunderstanding, I should have not jumped to that conclusion. This is a little thorn in my side because of some underhanded things I feel that are going on with a few of my relatives.

Lesa

That was big of you well done!
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of the acia colon cleansing products

Accuses OP of trying to sell a product, proceeds to pitch another fad product.

Boggles the mind!
  • tobiwood1977
    Options

Boggles the mind!

LOL!
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You know what boggles my mind...that someone is excited and new on this journey and wants to share that with other people...and she gets criticized immediately on selling products and not eating enough...cmon ya'll seriously?!! :flowerforyou:
  • ewells2420
    Options

Boggles the mind!

I found that odd too lol.
  • denise3085
    denise3085 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
  • 250momma
    250momma Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanx for the apology :) And actually i am one of those people that are "solid" so i'm not gonna have a huge issue on my skin hanging. Thank you for the concern though any was :) That is why i am getting my butt in gear before all this weight i have turns into a sloppy mess on me. But i have always been pretty tone even with excessive amount of weight ( Thank you Jesus). I have walked some and plan on keeping it up. I am also gonna start some type of weight training program. Thanx to all that are encouraging me :) I'm not trying to push what i am doing on anyone else and i am also keeping in mind i need to stay healthy about my diet. This is a diet some friends suggested to me they have went way down on their calories but i told myself i would not go under 1,000. This i see concerns a lot of you that i am going down to 1,000. But i am listening to my body and if i feel like it is getting out of whack health wise i will be sure to adjust my diet to a more healthier way. Thank you for you concern and encouragement. God bless you all on your weight loss journey! ( I am also going to the doctor for advice and a watch on my health ) just so you all know :)
  • angie_sample
    Options
    Awesome!!! GREAT JOB!! :)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options

Lesa

wow... are you serious...?

Amen-totally rude assumption!
  • beeka2ked
    beeka2ked Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Congratulations!! Do what's best for you and continue to listen to your body.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I agree that 1000 calories is not healthy. Your weight loss is awesome, don't get me wrong, but 1000 calories is not sustainable as a goal, and can put you in starvation mode among other things. Also, keeping your calories a bit higher can help you lose more, honestly, and to keep it off. :) Just a thought.
  • angelajo01
    Options
    That's really great, what an awesome feeling!! You can add me, I need all the motivation I can get as well :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!