30 Day Shred?

Options

Replies

• allibean15
    Options
    How often is it supposed to be done ? I am finding that with a crazy schedule unfortunately I cant get it in everyday. Also, how do you know when to move on to level 2...after a certain number of times or when it feels too easy (which I cant imagine yet :).
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It's everyday....Each level for 10 days.
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    she says to move on when you feel ready too. believe me it gets easier. we moved on around 10 days of level one.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I did it for 30 days straight, lost 13inches and 1.4lbs. Its a little hard on the knees but I like the affects, also level 2 is the hardest
  • emmabooters
    emmabooters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For those of you that have done 30DS how hard on you ankles would this program be???
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    I like it... alot. I think it is effective and Jillian Michaels is not annoying to watch. It is 20 minutes, so it's do-able even on the busiest of days. By day number 5 I noticed a difference in my belly, which is not very long to wait for results. Good luck!

I'm with you 100%. I am on day 25 and love it so far. I still have that tummy flab but it's going down AND the I can feel the muscles underneath. I haven't gotten board with it and I'm really liking all the levels. It's also easy to fit into my busy day. I didn't do before pics because I didn't want to see them lol but I'm starting Ripped in 30 after this so I'll take them for that. Good luck!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1, day 3 and loving it!! I agree its a little tough on the knees - although my knees aren't great anyways. The ankles, I haven't noticed any strain on them, although there are a lot of jumping jacks, skip-rope and butt kicks but not a great deal of movement if you get what I mean.

I'm already feeling kinda stronger and fully looking forward to the next 27 days lol :-))
  • amayarnell
    amayarnell Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I personally think and JM workout dvd is fantastic. I have about 4 or 5 at home that i switch around 3 times a week so I'm always doing something different. I have done the 30DS workout and its not bad and its a quick one. I have seen fantastic results with JM!
  • joeykat16
    joeykat16 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love 30DS and all of Jillian's other dvd's, especially the kickboxing one. However, please research and review what Jillian herself has said.... 30DS was NOT INTENDED to do everyday, its hard on the knees and joints. She intended for it to be done for 30 days but not in a row--- she suggests 3-4 days a week with rest days.

Just thought I'd share :)
  • Babywedg
    Babywedg Posts: 6
    Options
    I did it for a few days and found the exercises easy even though it's non stop (that's what wore me out). Why not have a 30DS for April Challenge?
  • ctychick
    ctychick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I did it for a few days and found the exercises easy even though it's non stop (that's what wore me out). Why not have a 30DS for April Challenge?

I would sign up!
  • Babywedg
    Babywedg Posts: 6
    Options
    Oh, and CLEARLY noone gave an option for jumping jacks and the jumping rope thing to the moms that have had multiple children. Just sayin'....
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 of level 1 of 30 Day Shred and I LOVE IT! I was feeling the effects on my quads and knees up until day 4 and from then on I have been good to go. To the person who asked about the affect it would have on ankles - I broke my ankle 5 years ago like literally demolished it, and I have had ZERO issues with my ankles and this work out DVD... however this is just me and I realize we're all different. I will say I used "biofreeze" on my quads from day 2 on through day 4 and that helped as well as going for walks to break up the uric acid in my muscles that were aching... I also started to drink a muscle repair shake after the DVD which may have been a fluke but helped with the muscle soreness as well... (side note: will be switching to chocolate milk in aiding my muscle repair after this shake mix is gone as everything I have researched says it's just as good as any repair mix out there..) I have not skipped days and am doing it straight through - I had aches and pains but worked through them and rested when I needed to during the workout. I have seen results in only 8 days - not so much on the scale as everyone else has kinda mentioned, however in my clothes it's like ****a whole new world**** <---- sung like Jasmine from Alladin.. In my opinion I say get it, do it, friend me, and we will do it together for support, and I am sure anyone else doing it would friend you as well. It's $9 at Target.. what do you have to lose besides inches :tongue:
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I like it... alot. I think it is effective and Jillian Michaels is not annoying to watch. It is 20 minutes, so it's do-able even on the busiest of days. By day number 5 I noticed a difference in my belly, which is not very long to wait for results. Good luck!

I'm with you 100%. I am on day 25 and love it so far. I still have that tummy flab but it's going down AND the I can feel the muscles underneath. I haven't gotten board with it and I'm really liking all the levels. It's also easy to fit into my busy day. I didn't do before pics because I didn't want to see them lol but I'm starting Ripped in 30 after this so I'll take them for that. Good luck!

HAHA REALLLLY?! She annoys the snot out of me. I have a few of her DVDs. I just can't listen to her when she starts going, "COMEEE on, you can do it, push harderrrr, I know it hurts, but you want to be in that bikini don't you.....5 more.....push..." I seriously want to vomit on my tv. SOOO, to combat that, I watch her for a few days on each level, figure out the moves, then I mute her and blast Pandora during the work out from there out. I seriously hate her voice.

Additionally, I would recommend 30 Day Shred then Ripped in30. Ripped is harder.

Inches are better than scale! Scale lies! Remember that!

Final results of 30 Day Shred-Inches lost:
    2 1/2 off waist
    3 off stomach
    2 1/2 off hips
    2 off right thigh
    1 1/2 off left thigh
    1 off right arm
    1 off left arm
    2 1/2 off bust
    Total weight loss: 4.4 lbs
    Sounds like I will be buying the DVD tonight :) I still don't understand how everyone loses inches and no weight?!? But hey I will take the inches any day! lol.

You lose inches but not weight because muscle weighs more than fat. So, you displace fat with muscle, which weighs more. The more muscle you gain, the more weight you gain. If you do lose weight (many don't), you lost more fat and gained less muscle. if you had lost less fat than you gained muscle, the scale would have went up. Take measurements. That's your best friend. A pound of muscle takes up 1/2 the space a pound of fat does. That's why you lose inches but don't lose weight on the scale. YOU DID LOSE FAT THOUGH! So, winnnnnnn! This is also why body mass index and body fat % based on height and weight are SOOOOOOOOO incorrect. I can weigh 125 lbs and be solid muscle or 125 lbs and be all fat. Therefore, using height and weight is irrelevant to how much body fat you have or what your BMI is. Just a few things to remember. (I'm only slightly under the "overweight" 25 BMI for my height, but I wear a size 0 in work pants and 1/2 in jeans. Yeah....
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Oh, and CLEARLY noone gave an option for jumping jacks and the jumping rope thing to the moms that have had multiple children. Just sayin'....

LOL! Right!?!?! It's like "Floppy McFlopperton" all up in there!
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!! I've been doing it but I am honestly getting very bored with it. It is still a great way to jump start your exercise routine.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!! I've been doing it but I am honestly getting very bored with it. It is still a great way to jump start your exercise routine.

Exactly! I started my working out last summer by doing this to get in somewhat shape and to condition myself a little, so I didn't look like an idiot at the gym. I did Couch to 5k after that to lose another 5 lbs!
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options

HAHA REALLLLY?! She annoys the snot out of me. I have a few of her DVDs. I just can't listen to her when she starts going, "COMEEE on, you can do it, push harderrrr, I know it hurts, but you want to be in that bikini don't you.....5 more.....push..." I seriously want to vomit on my tv. SOOO, to combat that, I watch her for a few days on each level, figure out the moves, then I mute her and blast Pandora during the work out from there out. I seriously hate her voice.

Additionally, I would recommend 30 Day Shred then Ripped in30. Ripped is harder.

Inches are better than scale! Scale lies! Remember that!

Final results of 30 Day Shred-Inches lost:
    2 1/2 off waist
    3 off stomach
    2 1/2 off hips
    2 off right thigh
    1 1/2 off left thigh
    1 off right arm
    1 off left arm
    2 1/2 off bust
    Total weight loss: 4.4 lbs
    Sounds like I will be buying the DVD tonight :) I still don't understand how everyone loses inches and no weight?!? But hey I will take the inches any day! lol.

You lose inches but not weight because muscle weighs more than fat. So, you displace fat with muscle, which weighs more. The more muscle you gain, the more weight you gain. If you do lose weight (many don't), you lost more fat and gained less muscle. if you had lost less fat than you gained muscle, the scale would have went up. Take measurements. That's your best friend. A pound of muscle takes up 1/2 the space a pound of fat does. That's why you lose inches but don't lose weight on the scale. YOU DID LOSE FAT THOUGH! So, winnnnnnn! This is also why body mass index and body fat % based on height and weight are SOOOOOOOOO incorrect. I can weigh 125 lbs and be solid muscle or 125 lbs and be all fat. Therefore, using height and weight is irrelevant to how much body fat you have or what your BMI is. Just a few things to remember. (I'm only slightly under the "overweight" 25 BMI for my height, but I wear a size 0 in work pants and 1/2 in jeans. Yeah....

Same here. When she says "You gotta put some stress on your body" I seriously feel like my entire body aches. I mute her!
  • emmabooters
    emmabooters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 of level 1 of 30 Day Shred and I LOVE IT! I was feeling the effects on my quads and knees up until day 4 and from then on I have been good to go. To the person who asked about the affect it would have on ankles - I broke my ankle 5 years ago like literally demolished it, and I have had ZERO issues with my ankles and this work out DVD... however this is just me and I realize we're all different.

I just had my second surgery to repair my ankle back in November. I cannot do squats, I will pretty much not be able to do that move ever again. So I do have a limited range of motion.
  • shauna9909
    shauna9909 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of the replies! I am going to do it and I am pumped about it!!! :)