Healthiest coffee creamer??If any!

Options

Replies

• moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm a black coffee gal myself, but if I want a little flavor, I'll add some protein powder. Plus, you get the added bonus of extra protein. Chocolate makes it taste like a mocha coffee.
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to making my 2 allotted cups of coffee in the morning - My Keurig brews quite strong and I have it set so it fills my cup about 3/4 full. Then I add about 2 TBS of powdered fat free milk, like Carnation, Sugar Free Toranni vanilla syrup (World Market) and then fill my cup up with skim milk - less than 1/4 c.

I know milk has natural sugar and that the Splenda in my sugar free vanilla syrup isn't the best for you, but it's how I cope. It actually turns out quite creamy. My friend swears by almond milk.
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    You could try fat free half-n-half and add a flavored extract. That way you get the flavor without the sugar. I also drink 2 cups a day and often still use the flavored creamer-I just count the calories. I will try the almond milk as I have some at home!
  • EJsMummy26
    EJsMummy26 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I buy sugar free. I don't do sugar in my coffee but love flavored creamer.

If I have 3 cups in the morning (Mon-Fri), I'm not nearly as hungry by noon. It surpresses my appetitite therefore I usually have eaten less in the morning on the days I do coffee.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I either use that Natural Bliss Coffee Mate creamer in Vanilla that someone mentioned or I'll buy organic half and half and use flavored coffee. Plus one packet Stevia in the Raw. Natural Bliss is only 20 calories per serving and they have a low fat vanilla version or the regular version is available in vanilla, caramel and sweet cream.
  • perezke91
    perezke91 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I use this! It's great :D
  • okyougotme
    Options
    a tablespoon of half and half has only 20 calories, it has to be better for us than the chemicals added to the Coffee Mate and other flavorings/lighteners
  • angcat13
    angcat13 Posts: 1
    Options
    My sweetend coffee is my biggest down fall, along with not eating breakfast. My solution Coffee Breakfast Shake.
    8 oz Brewed Coffee hot or cold
    1 Scoop Vanilla whey Protien Powder
    1 TBL Spoon powdered Coco
    3 drops Almond extract
    1 TBL Spoon CocoNut milk
    Mix in a Shaker or Blender.....yummy and about 25 grams of Protien. Problem Solved.

I have also added verious berries or frozen peaches for a yummy flavor twist.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love the organic coconut milk creamer in the organics aisle. It's a little pricey but the Original is sugarfree and only 10 calories a tablespoon. I also DIE over organic soy creamer because it gives such an amaaazing nutty creamy flavor, but I overuse it when I buy it and I don't react well to soy.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I'm a black coffee gal myself, but if I want a little flavor, I'll add some protein powder. Plus, you get the added bonus of extra protein. Chocolate makes it taste like a mocha coffee.

Great idea I may have to try this one!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    So funny that you posted this. I stopped putting my Sugar Free French Vanilla creamer in my coffee.

Then just last week, I added it back. I figured that i eat great the whole day and I work out everyday, that it was worth the 3 grams of sugar and 3 grams of carbs. I just enjoy my coffee so much more and it is a pleasure.

i totally agree with this!! i consider my coffee my treat! i use the low fat version though. but shes right i also eat right an exercise so why not have my delicious coffee? i refuse to give it up!
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    If you can find it, I would highly recommend raw cream. It is naturally sweet and you will just have to add a little sweetner if you need it. Organic Turbinado sugar is not processed so it won't affect your body like processed sugar. (in reasonable amounts of course). You could also try stevia for a sweetner as well but that might take some getting used to.
  • Mochadog
    Mochadog Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've tried to give it up, but I decided that it was the ONE thing left in my diet that was "suspect" and I was keeping it. It makes me happy. I have two cups of coffee in the morning and there's room in my diet for the calories.

And doing the research, half and half or light creme was no better calorically speaking anyhow -- and I refuse to use artificial sweetener so in the end, for me, it's a wash.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i drink black mostly, however real cream is best and has least impact on blood sugar than any other option.
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I use half and half. When I want some sweetness in my coffee, I add a little honey.
  • VAgal123
    VAgal123 Posts: 35
    Options
    You could also try Stevia which is an all natural sweetener. Sweet n low, splenda and all them other "sweeteners" aren't really that good for you. They are filled with stuff that is not good for the body. Stevia is all natural and comes from a plant. You could also try some sweetened or unsweetened almond or coconut milk.
    This is what I do as well.....I was a diehard Splenda user till I read what it breaks down to in your body. I sometimes just go for a teaspoon of half and half but sweetened almond milk is great!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I use silk original creamer. 1 gram of sugar and the ingredient list isn't too bad. The french vanilla flavor has 2g and tastes good as well.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i use a teaspoon each of half & half and cane sugar. perfection for me!

the ingredient list on those "creamers" terrifies me. i mean the #2 ingredient is sugar and #3 is partially hydrogenated soybean oil. bleck!
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am sure the fat police will get me for this, but I work it into my macros and I LOVE my coffee so I use good old fashioned heavy cream, no carbs involved, which is what I have to watch the closest with two packs of Splenda. It's sweet, and creamy and rich!!! I refuse to give it up!!!!