Iv'e lost 11 pounds in one week!!!

Options

Replies

• rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So I take it you are fishing for people to buy your supplements? I also am assuming you are talking 11 lbs of fecal matter that you have lost via taking said supplements?

I really hope people are smart enough to not fall for this stuff.

Lesa

Well, if you read the OP, it does sound like it. In summary, Hey, I lost 11 lbs and I take these vitamins, message me if you want more info. I'm seeing this alot on these boards and I don't blame people for being precautious because of it.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    A 1976 study of ketogenic diets found 61% of the weight lost in the early stages was water weight. That means your actual weight loss was more like 4.3 pounds ... factor in things like differences in clothing worn, differences in gut content, inconsistencies in your scale from measurement to measurement, it may be somewhat less than that. So enjoy it while you can, but don't let it get you discouraged if you find your rate of loss is slowing down.

Also, I don't think vitamins have anything to do with so-called "starvation mode" ... it's more a matter of your body fat dropping below a threshold (which is caused by insufficient caloric input, not vitamins). See e.g.,

http://tinyurl.com/6a6kv53

Note too that in the table on the following page "slow metabolism" isn't one of the disorders known to be caused by a vitamin deficiency and "weight loss" isn't listed as a benefit of any vitamin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin

Thanks, I think I'll pass on the supplements. My cheap-o Centrum Silver from the local drug store does me just fine. :)
  • diamonds52
    Options
    Wow! That is wonderful News!!! Keep up the great work, one day at a time....You can do it!
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I would encourage you to eat more than 1000 calories a day. That will work for a short while and then will not. I have dieted for YEARS....not non stop of course....but years and trust me I have even done a 350 calorie a day stint and even that eventually stopped working. I have been doing so much better, feeling so much better and getting unbelievable results with 1500 a day. Counter intuative I agree.....but it works and I never feel deprived or weak and exhausted. I exercise 45-90 minutes a day too.
  • Desperate12
    Options
    GREAT!!!! Care to share how you did it!!!!!!??????
  • jegg0425
    jegg0425 Posts: 37
    Options
    I lost 12 pounds my first week, but assume that will level off a little bit. If I can keep in the 3-4 pound a week range for a bit I would be happy. I ate ultra low calories to kind of shock my body but I have started to bump that up a bit.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    11 pounds in one week sounds dangerous. It's taken me more than 6 months to lose the same amount. Don't starve yourself!
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You know what boggles my mind...that someone is excited and new on this journey and wants to share that with other people...and she gets criticized immediately on selling products and not eating enough...cmon ya'll seriously?!! :flowerforyou:

LOL this is a MFP standard. SMH.

Congrats, OP! Blessings to you as well.
  • hlshubert
    hlshubert Posts: 45
    Options
    Way to go - that is awesome and super motivational!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • alix1105
    alix1105 Posts: 80
    Options
    aww good job. Stay positive and dont let the negativety get to you. what works for you, works for YOU. everyone is different. good luck on your journey and feel free to add me :)
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    Yeah, I would love to know what vitamins you are taking that helped you to lose that much weight in a week! Add me please :drinker:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    aww good job. Stay positive and dont let the negativety get to you. what works for you, works for YOU. everyone is different. good luck on your journey and feel free to add me :)
    This is a very kind response for someone just starting out on the site.:flowerforyou: Why must others assume the worst when someone is simply sharing their joy about finding the site and getting started!? SMH

The OP is brand new and has only had 5 posts, doesn't sound like an ad for products to me!! :noway: It sounds like excitement and feeling motivated after having a successful first week!:drinker:

Great job I agree with the poster above, let the negativity roll off your back and keep up the hard work..:flowerforyou:

Sometimes ppl on here forget to think first before speaking/typing and it ends up crushing someone, kindness can go along ways!:heart:
    You know what boggles my mind...that someone is excited and new on this journey and wants to share that with other people...and she gets criticized immediately on selling products and not eating enough...cmon ya'll seriously?!! :flowerforyou:

LOL this is a MFP standard. SMH.

Congrats, OP! Blessings to you as well.
    Sadly it is happening more often than most of us would like to see. :ohwell:
    11 pounds in one week sounds dangerous. It's taken me more than 6 months to lose the same amount. Don't starve yourself!

When you consider a person has more to lose its not unheard of to lose a larger amount the first couple weeks. Water weight, drastic food changes etc., that's what can cause a big loss.

Really? A brand new member comes on here and shares the excitement of finding MFP & her success and the berating begins?:noway: Makes no sense at all..
  • azrose81
    azrose81 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So, spill it! What's the secret to your weight loss! What diet are you doing?
  • mcrmsi77
    mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Great job girly!!! That is wonderful!!! I hate to say this but you might want to to up your calories up to at least 1200 calories my doctor said that is the lowest ANYONE should go because anything less is dangerous. You don't want to lose muscle mass and not fat you know what I mean! But you are doing wonderful and keep that positive attitude :)
  • nannabannana
    Options
    WELL..all I have to say is CONGRATULATIONS.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    No disrespect intended - but this is an incredibly dangerous diet and should in no way be encouraged.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    400 calories a day until you reach your goal weight? is this serious? if so it is negligent.
  • 250momma
    250momma Posts: 12
    Options
    Here is what i do, but i do not usually go lower than 1,000 calories a day. But i take these vitamins drink lots and lots of water and exercise bout ever other day. I just started last monday though so i don't know how i will feel bout this diet in a month or so but as for now i am loving it. And also i found all my vitamins at the lowest price at wal-mart and all together it was just a little over 20 dollars for an almost 3 month supply!! Good deal to me. lol

Take 3x's a day with meals

Calcium- 1000mg
    Magnesium- 400mg
    Zinc- 15mg

Take 1x a day in the morning

Multi Vitamin
    C-500mg
    E-200 iu
    Beta Carotene- 25,000iu
    Biotin- 1500mcg
    Selenium- 200mg

The calcium magnesium and zinc comes in one pill but look at the serving size on the back, mine i had to take 3 to get the amount that i needed. When you buy your vitamins just make sure they match the amount you need. The only one i had to buy was the biotin they only make it in 1000 so i take one and break it to make 1500. I find it very amazing that you do not get hungry on this diet and how you can drop your calorie intake so low and your body doesn't go into starvation because the vitamins make the body think it is still getting all that it needs.

1 glass of water before meal with vitamins, eat then drink 1 glass of water after eating.

Make sure you eat at least 20 grams or more of protein daily

No gain is success

Write down everything you eat

Weigh first thing in the morning and last thing at night

Nothing to eat the last 4 hours before bed. you can drink water or zero calorie drink but no food
  • 250momma
    Options
    Also would like to add I understand i have ALOT to lose and i understand my first week was mainly water weight lost. So if this diet comes to a stand still i have read the blogs on umping your calories and that was successful. Keeping that in mind if this seems to fail! Thanx for everyones input !!
  • 250momma
    Options

i'm not starving myself, but thank you for the concern!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!