What clothing/items are NEVER coming back to your closet?

Options
What item of clothing, or what accessory (to cover up/mask), did you wear when you were heavy and you will never wear again?

Replies

• Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I always wore black all the time. No matter what occasion or what the weather was like, I always wore black trousers and a black (normally long sleeved) top. Now I obviously do wear black sometimes, but I love wearing colours, and patterns.
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My belly ring. I swore it took attention away from the fat areas of my stomach and made it look ok. Now that I am flattening out and building abs, it just looks silly in. Asked around last weekend to see if I was crazy and every vote was to get rid of it.

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • Ks_Sunshine
    Options
    Baggy pants that are baggy just to cover up the fat wrinkles. I love wearing my black jeans now because they make me feel skinny instead uncomfortable because they were to tight.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Elastic-waist pants.

Never again, unless they are intended for the gym, and have a drawstring. But never never again for regular daily wear.

Stretchy clothes of all kinds, come to think of it, were so deceptive. You don't notice yourself growing if everything stretches.
    Tailored shapes are my friend now.
  • kdiment
    kdiment Posts: 31
    Options
    I wore tons of layers. Also, in my mind, wearing shorts under my jeans made me look thinner? I don't know what I was thinking, but I know for sure that I won't be doing that again!
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The "Miraclesuit" swimsuit. It's bikinis from now on!
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Maternity clothes! :laugh:
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Maternity clothes! :laugh:

HAHAHAHA! ME TOO! I still had maternity clothes in my closet that I wore (my youngest will be 5 in June) and men's 3x t-shirts. I am nowhere NEAR my goal yet, but i am dressing skinny now, and wearing much better clothes and I look a lot better already.
  • ErinS3
    ErinS3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maternity clothes. I used to buy maternity tops because they fit me better (or so I thought ;) )They hid the "belly pudge" and fit around the chest area better, but NEVER AGAIN!!! And now that I look back they actually made me LOOK pregnant, when I wasn't!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    body suits!! hah!!! The adult equivalent of a onesie, I can't believe I wore those things in middle school

oops I missed the "when you were heavy" part. I thought we were just bashing trends of years gone by..... I've never really been heavy (just pregnant) but I stand by my decision that I will never wear a body suit ever again hahah
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    I'm with Lucky Leprechaun. Elastic is not your friend. And those pants with pleats in the front? Bad. Oh, and leggings under tunic tops....well - again with the elastic.
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Oversized shirts and stretch pants that look like jeans.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    in November 2010 I gave up on myself and ordered several long giant dresses from a mega plus size catalog. I can't even look at dresses anymore...and when those catalogs come in the mail, my fam knows to put them straight in the trash before I even see them. (I know, I need to call and get off the list)
  • TorridSkies4
    Options
    really lose fitting tops... I always felt like my belly hit behind them, but now I realize I just looked fatter.

tailored, and well fitting tops for me from now on!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    My MOM bathing suit. It's a tankini but has one of those skirt bottoms (a long one!). No way. Never again!
  • Margentine
    Margentine Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I used to wear a Huge beige sweater ! I looked likea giant polar bear every winter..! thank goodness I threw it out already :happy:
  • fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Body magic! It’s an undergarment that makes you look slimmer in your clothes. At one point, I had issues with wearing "my actual size" after I gained a lot of weight so I would wear the body magic so I can fit into my clothes...big no-no, the tight clothes and the undergarment was just too much and I don't think i looked as slim as I thought I did, it just made things worse.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Granny panties... ROFL! I kid, no really though I would never wear those anyway, but 1 piece bathing suits, not saying I'd wear a bikini just no more 1 pieces. Loose fitting tops, I have curves coming in the right places, I need to showem off. I've switched to wearing flip flops with everything to wearing heals. I wear heals everywhere, but I have to wear tennis shoes to work. Long short you will not catch me in, Long skirts you won't catch me in.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Maternity clothes. I used to buy maternity tops because they fit me better (or so I thought ;) )They hid the "belly pudge" and fit around the chest area better, but NEVER AGAIN!!! And now that I look back they actually made me LOOK pregnant, when I wasn't!

wow Im not alone!!:drinker: never again
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    mine would have to be...stretch pants.. I got to a point where I was gaining weight so fast that I didnt fit into any of my pants and I wore stretch pants every day..I dreaded going shopping at my heaviest.. they are okay to wear but not everyday.. I will wear them to be comfy not because I dont fit into my pants anymore! :blushing: