Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi, I'm new here!

My name is Shawniqua I am 20 years old & ready to get back into shape! I have an almost 19 month old son & have been married for a little over 3 yrs. I want to get back into my "skinny" jeans. I have never been a skinny girl but a size 9-11 is skinny to me! I am looking for any support from people. My goal is to lose 40-45 lbs by March of next year (but I'd rather lose it all by my anniversary this year which is end of October!) If you have any tips/helpful advice let me know. Thanks.

Replies

• Nisieitstime22
    Nisieitstime22 Posts: 13 Member
    Im new also! Goodluck :)
  • eaws04
    eaws04 Posts: 1
    Hi Shawniqua :-)
    I just signed up yesterday and so far so good. I'm looking to lose about 70 lbs...but I don't have a time frame. Hopefully we can both reach our goals with the help of this app.
  • hi i'm sort of new. i have been watching my food for awhile but slowly i have stopped working out and i need to change that. i need to get remotivated and i think i need a little nudge to help me. btw my only tip is if u want it keep at it. and add more fruit and veggies....less breads and such thats what i'm trying and its worked so far.
  • angelajo01
    angelajo01 Posts: 67 Member
    Hi there, I'm fairly new here too, just joined a few weeks ago, the people on this site are very supporting. I feel the same way as you about the 9-10 skinny jeans, weight loss has always been a constant thing for me. Feel free to add me..
  • Cazzy42
    Cazzy42 Posts: 30 Member
    Hi I'm new too and want to lose about 70lb. Hoping support frm online community will keep me on the straight and narrow.
  • ShawniQ
    ShawniQ Posts: 4
    What are all of your workouts/dieting techniques? I am drinking AT LEAST 64 oz of water a day & cutting out any added sugar. I was going to start Zumba yesterday but decided I will start 30DS on April 1st. If I lose 1 lb every 7-9 days I will be happy! Or even if I just lose inches & not even the weight!
  • TynkEMT
    TynkEMT Posts: 19 Member
    Hi Shawni!

I just joined MFP at the beginning of this month. I have lost a total of 15 pounds since Feb 28 (10.5 have been since joining). I go to the gym at least three times a week and do Zumba twice a week.

As far as eating goes, I have cut all drinks except water and occasionally unsweet tea with no calorie sweetener. I have not "changed" my eating habits just started seriously measuring my portions and sticking to my calorie goal set up on here. On days I go to the gym I will go into my "exercise calories" but try not to eat all of them. One of the biggest changes I have made is switching to whole wheat bread and turkey sausage.

Keep up the good work!

Ericka
  • maryyb
    maryyb Posts: 3
    hi. i just signed up too and im looking to lose about 40lbs. =]
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    This is my second week on here! I have found out that the weekends are the toughest, and I'm usually going over my calorie goal :o( but making up for it during the week with my exercise, and weight program. But it's tough eating right on the weekends working my second job.
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    hi and welcome. my name is Katie. I am a college freshman majoring in youth ministry. I have battled an eating disorder since age 9. I am almost 37. I am majoring in college to help others like me who struggle with the same issues. I weighed my highest weight in 1996. I weighed 250 pounds. I am down to 190 pounds. I am crossing the finish line.

feel free to add me if you would like
  • i just cut out extra carbs like noodles and rice. i focus mainly on protein and veggies. :) and i do an hour of yoga everyday when i do it. :( i need to get back into it more. and i also have 2 dance DVDs that i do when i dont have time to do yoga because they are only 30 minutes instead of and hour lol.
  • I am also new here trying to get back my fitness after gaining weight last year, perseverance and reaching my goal is what I am aiming for right now!:smile:
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Feel free to friend me for support! (Anyone!)
  • ShawniQ
    ShawniQ Posts: 4
    How do I add a picture to my post?
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 204 Member
    Bump