A little NSV...

Options
Hiya MFPers,

A little-ol' NSV for me today:

One of the things I list on my profile under "Inspirations" is that I wanna like what I see in the mirror instead of saying "ugh" all the time. When I started this journey, I remember seeing myself in the mirror at the gym and just thinking to myself, "this is bad. Just plain bad." It was hard to keep going, because where I wanted to be seemed to be so far away. And from the way I looked, it seemed to be even farther away.

But today? I'm far from being a buff love god, but as I was changing in the locker room, I took a look over towards the mirrors. I noticed the shoulders, arms, chest and what's left of my gut and thought to myself, "Hey...that ain't so bad." :)

Still not where I wanna be, but I'm a far cry from where I was in September. And I really don't think I'm gonna mind going around shirtless anymore.

Just thought I'd share. Enjoy your own NSVs that you have along the way and use them to keep you moving towards your goals. :)

Replies

• DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    That is great ! Congrats to you and I'd say you don't look to bad at all :wink: Keep up the good work.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    You put in a lot of work and deserve it. AWESOME!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! I am so glad you are noticing progress. It is such a great feeling and really helps keep you motivated. Keep up the excellent work.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You truly do look fantastic.... I'm glad you are now able to look in the mirror and see what everyone ELSE is seeing. :) Congrats to you, Golden!! You've worked hard...and it's paid off! :smile:
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! keep it up!
  • 4hotmama
    4hotmama Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    :happy: Congrats!!
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    u do so well! like every day.... im sure you'll even make smart choices at bacon night lol and thats almost impossible. congrats! u deserve it :)