I lowered my cholesterol almost 30 points!

Options
debbiestine
debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
Praise the Lord! Since I've been tracking my food, I lost 12lbs of fat and lowered my cholesterol from 201 to 172. I take one fish oil (triple strength) and try to eat tuna for lunch a couple times a week and another fish for dinner a few nights a week. I am so happy I don't have to take any medications! If I can do it- so can you :)

Replies

• Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic news! Keep up the good work.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    That's a great change to a healthier lifestyle! Congrats!
  • sjp0278
    sjp0278 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Keep up the good work.
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm happy to hear that you were able to manage your cholesterol through diet. My husband was just diagnosed with high cholesterol and is also on a healthy diet, hopefully we'll see the same results as you, so he doesn't have to go on medication. Congratulations!
  • Anisima
    Anisima Posts: 16
    Options
    My cousin with similar problems told me that he found on http://cholesterol-lower.info/ the help for his problems.I heard the tips from here are very goo to combat cholesterol problems.
    I hope this helps.
  • debbiestine
    Options
    thanks for the kind words! It's like a miracle that just losing 10lbs can drop your cholesterol that much. Now to maintain...
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    way to go debbie ..amazing job ... i think i got mine down also ... need to go to get the check up done ...
  • melzenitram
    melzenitram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's awesome. I just got told today that my triglycerides were over 400. Normal is about 150. I didn't even HEAR the rest of the numbers. Doc has prescribed medication and i'm just very scared. I have 30 days to make a dent in my number before I go for more bloodwork.
  • alisadee
    alisadee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats I need to follow your plan. I lowered mine from 247 to 235 till have a ways to go but congrats. God is Good

:-)
  • debbiestine
    Options
    He is good all the time!
  • lookatme09
    lookatme09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    wow, Great for you. I need to do that. I had lost 42 lbs and my numbers didnt budge.
  • DBlythe50
    DBlythe50 Posts: 18
    Options
    Great news...........keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!