Sloppy Women at the Gym

Options

Replies

• feliciapeters
    Options
    You want to wear a cute outfit, great. I wear yoga pants & a big tee. at this point I tend to wear baggy stuff so I can concentrate on my workout instead of holding in my stomach.

I look forward to the day on me doesnt look like an overstuffed sausage
    HOWEVER

full on makeup & jewelry is too friggin stupid & it annoys the crap out of me.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Do what works for you and rock it. There's nothing wrong with wanting to look cute, just like there's nothing wrong with not caring how you look at the gym. And there's really no need to judge anyone on their gym "style." Although I will admit I side-eye pajama pants at the gym. That one just doesn't make sense to me.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    And this is just the sort of mindless BS that reaffirms my decision to NOT join a gym.

I am a hard enough critic on myself and my body / fitness. I would hate to go work out at a gym, summon all my courage just to do so, and have someone judge me as being sloppy for not wearing the proper workout clothing.

:huh:
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I really don't pay attention to what other people wear to the gym. The main thing I get annoyed with is when women put on a ton of purfume right before they work out.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i'll just be blunt... i hate it. mainly because i work out on campus and the girls wearing makeup with their t1ts to their face are hogging machines that they aren't even using. they walk for 20 minutes and get off, still all fancy and made up just so they can try to get the juicehead's downstairs attention. if you're busting your *kitten* and in makeup then kudos. if you come to the gym looking like you're about to go out to the club wearing your pushup bra and hot pants, gtfo my treadmill and go somewhere with that.

and no, i'm not jealous. i'm just as small as any of them, if not smaller, and i'd rather look like trash, bust my *kitten*, and have a brain then try to pick up dudes in a gym.

just my two cents.
  • rookmb
    rookmb Posts: 84
    Options
    I'll admit, I'm a sloppy woman at the gym. I wear baggy cotton shorts and tee shirts because I don't like sweating in tight clothes. The only jewelry I wear is my wedding band and I have short hair so no cute ponytails here. Personally, I don't look at other people while I'm there. I'm working my butt off (literally) and not looking to socialize.

Now, when I get home, it's a different story. That's when I shower and get, what I call "presentable".

I think people should go to the gym wearing WHATEVER they're comfortable EXERCISING in. It's just that simple.
  • Enygirl210
    Enygirl210 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am still fat...I would neither kick a dog nor subject anyone to my body in spandex...plus I have never been a person that shows off the wares..... I am comfortable in my grungy clothes,plus there will come a time when I will have to purchase new workout clothes or be faced with my pants falling off. no sense in spending money I don't have on lookin' purty

I am right there with you! I'm a fan of yoga pants and t-shirts, love the bouncy ponytail. However, sine i'm not there to impress anyone, or make them drop dead, I'll leave the spandex for when I'm down #50+ pounds
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    A lot of women who hate so hard are jealous and lacking confidence so they try to act like the put together girl at the gym has issues. I love looking cute for the gym. :flowerforyou:

Just a quick tip, if your make up runs at the gym then you need better make up. Mine stays put even after a 5 mile run outside
  • trysha1231
    trysha1231 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't care one way or the other what a woman (or man) looks like at the gym. I'm there to work out. If I go to the gym in the morning before work, I seriously do roll out of bed, throw on my work-out cloths, pull my crazy-bed-hair into a pony tail, and go. If I'm there after work, well I might look a little more polished.

Regardless, by the time I'm done with my work out, I look horrid- red faced, sweaty, hair in my face (cause it pulled out of the pony tail). And you know what? I don't care. I feel AWESOME and that's all that matters.
    Bingo. I roll; out of bed and hit my workout room. And by the time I am done, I am sweaty and red faced and if I were to attempt to do my makeup and hair, it would have been a complete waste of time.
    But as others have said, if that's what motivates you to workout, then more power to you!
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I look like complete and total crap at the gym I go at six am and I have my hair pulled back with a million barrettes stuck everywhere because my hair is so many different lengths it takes them all to keep little wispies out of my face. I also wear glasses in the morning and a baggy shirt over my spandex.

It's funny because after I take my shower at the gym, and do my hair, makeup, put in contacts, and get dressed for work, no one recognizes me!
  • LG80
    LG80 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I dont really pay any attention to what other people are wearing at the gym,but I can only hope that something im doing or wearing is ruining someones day and forcing them to type out their frustraions on some message board somewhere:laugh:

^^^^^^^LOVE this! LOL. I needed that laugh. As a mother of 4, I'm lucky I have time to remember if I even put a bra on! The last thing I am concerned about is how cute I look in workout clothes that are going to smell horrible halfway through my workout.I'm not there to impress anyone. If I have makeup on from my day....fine. If not, oh well! I'm certainly not going to go out of my way.
    Also, for the women who have a fairly good amount of weight to lose, we'll be happy to try and look cute but then someone else will have something nasty to say about women not wearing clothes that are "their size". The only person that anyone needs to please in life is theirself.
    But by all means, get dolled up, wear your cutesy workout gear and while you're at it why don't you prance in with a starbucks drink in your hand too. :noway: :noway:
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    I am a fan of "go to the gym and do my workout and then get the hell outta there" - that is when I used to go, I only visit occasionally nowadays.

That statement WAS AWESOME!

I'm not sure why your starting a post about how you look at the gym...? Insecure? Like the Attention? It makes you mad when others don't care what you look like at the gym? Trying to make other feel bad about not putting on their sunday bests to sweat like a fricking pig in? Perhaps you like the black racoon eyes at the end of your workout cuz your going for the Alice cooper look? Whatever reason people have for the way they look when they work out, why is it more important to look nice at the gym and make an entire thread about how great you look when you work out?

Frankly I don't care how I look, that's why they are "gym" clothes not my super hot i'm going out outfit. I'm comfy and I can workout in peace. Actually don't notice anyone at the gym cuz I'm to busy wiping the sweat from my eyes as my lungs are about to explode.

Wear whatever you feel best in and I'll do the same. :)
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I could care less what other people look like at the gym. What is important to me is that their clothes and body are clean before they start sweating. Some guy jumped on the treadmill next to me last week. I lated about 3 minutes before the smell was overwhelming from what I think were workout clothes that had not been washed in quite some time. Also, I don't care if you want to work out in full makeup and all but please go easy on the perfume.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    A lot of women who hate so hard are jealous and lacking confidence so they try to act like the put together girl at the gym has issues.

doubt that... they're probably more irritated that someone who is at the gym to look good is taking up valuable machine space... which is the case probably 90% of the time...
  • SweetProgression
    SweetProgression Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    agreeing with this below
    I dont really pay any attention to what other people are wearing at the gym,but I can only hope that something im doing or wearing is ruining someones day and forcing them to type out their frustraions on some message board somewhere:laugh:
  • clehman71
    clehman71 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I start out at the gym looking good, but by the end i am soaked with sweat. I wouldn't say all women have a beef with you looking good at the gym. For some it is simply jealousy. If you enjoy the way you look, don't worry about the way they look at you. Just remember that some are simply jealous.
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I always look like a hobo when I go to the gym. I spend all day chasing two kids and doing a million things the last thing on my mind is how I look besides my hair won't stay up no matter how many barrettes I use so it is always falling in my face and I wear baggy clothes so no one sees my fat bounce.
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    A lot of women who hate so hard are jealous and lacking confidence so they try to act like the put together girl at the gym has issues.

doubt that... they're probably more irritated that someone who is at the gym to look good is taking up valuable machine space... which is the case probably 90% of the time...

You're SO right! I hate waiting for my favorite machine cuz some100 lb hottie tottie is on there for 45 minutes and hasn't even gone a mile yet.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Other than the OP attempting to start something and showing that she looks down on others, I don't get the point??
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am not at the gym to look fashionable-I'm there to rock off the 20 pounds I've gained since I've had a foot injury. I don't even look at anybody when I'm working out! It helps that I don't wear my glasses, either! Really-who gives a rats *kitten*?