Sloppy Women at the Gym

Options
JennaM222
JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
I don't know about the rest of you ladies, but I like to look and feel good when I am at the gym. I LOVE how I feel in a new nike/LuLu outfit. I love hot pink running tops and cute yoga pants. I love feeling my high ponytail swoosh around when I am on a long run. I like having my cheeks flushed and my lashes dark.

Why is it that this is hated & looked down upon by other woman? Woman who care about thier appearance at the gym are apparently silly in alot of other womans minds?

Well, I for one am not a fan of the "roll out of bed look" at 5:00 pm - so, I guess we will all have to agree to disagree.

But honestly, what really is your beef?

Replies

• Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I workout at home and I dress up in cute sports tanks and yoga pants it just makes me feel good even though no one sees it but me.
  • Michelleeed
    Options
    I GUESS..SOME WOMEN MIGHT FEEL LIKE IF THEY ARE ABOUT TO SWEAT IT OUT, THERE IS NO NEED TO LOOK LIKE A BEAUTY, BECAUSE MID WORKOUT YOUR GONNA BE MAKING UGLY FACES, SWEATING AND YOUR HAIR MIGHT COME UNDONE ANYWAY. SOME WOMEN MIGHT ALSO THINK THAT IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE GYM TO LOOK PRETTY YOU ARE NOT REALLY THERE TO WORK, BUT IF IT WORKS FOR YOU..THEN IT SHOULDN'T MATTER WHAT OTHERS THINK--JUST ROCK IT. :)
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I like to look semi decent when I'm there too- I feel better about myself if I know I'm looking my best. That being said I bet most people have their issues with the girls that come in with thick lip gloss, clearly curled hair, and touch the weights like they're molten lava. There are a few girls at my gym that do this and I think- "Why did you even bother coming?!?! You aren't DOING anything."
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I dont really pay any attention to what other people are wearing at the gym,but I can only hope that something im doing or wearing is ruining someones day and forcing them to type out their frustraions on some message board somewhere:laugh:
  • LGearheart
    LGearheart Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If I could afford a bunch of cute workout clothes I would totally do it. With two kids I can barely get dressed so I throw on whatever but I'm working out at home so it doesn't matter. If you look good, you feel good!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference in being prepped for a show and looking decent. You sound like you just look decent.

- one of those that still wears her baggy Tshirts and now a size or two too large pants to the gym and doesnt care what she looks like :flowerforyou:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    My ponytail is way cuter than your ponytail.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Whatever gets you motivated to work hard. If it's cute outfits.....so be it.

I love it personally (umm not wearing cute outfits but watching the ladies in the cool outfits).

I like to wear the compression shirts (long sleev). They look tidy and dont' have the big arsed sweat stain that cotton shirts give you.
  • hotcocoa8
    hotcocoa8 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Did someone come up to you tell they didn't like the way you look? I think people dress they want to at the gym, it's a matter of choice. If you look cute, I'm sure people think you look cute, but if someone wants to feel comfortable and burn some calories that's there choice too. Don't make assumptions.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Because the people who are dressing like that are typically not doing **** for a workout.
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like cute workout outfits.. however, there are times when I haven't done laundry and my cute outfits stink to high heaven and an overlarge t-shirt and shorts is just going to have to do.

Plus, I'm there to work my *kitten* off, not look cute despite enjoying cute outfits.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the rest of you ladies, but I like to look and feel good when I am at the gym. I LOVE how I feel in a new nike/LuLu outfit. I love hot pink running tops and cute yoga pants. I love feeling my high ponytail swoosh around when I am on a long run. I like having my cheeks flushed and my lashes dark.

Why is it that this is hated & looked down upon by other woman? Woman who care about thier appearance at the gym are apparently silly in alot of other womans minds?

Well, I for one am not a fan of the "roll out of bed look" at 5:00 pm - so, I guess we will all have to agree to disagree.

I think people can do whatever they want. If someone wants to get dressed up for the gym its their choice just as in someone who doesn't want too. Personally I don't care to get dressed up if I'm exercising or when I've used the gym in the past since I'm going have to get dressed up afterwards anyways (with shower, make up, etc) so it's rather pointless to me to wear make up or be concern if I'm wearing cute gym clothing. I just want clothing that is comfortable and won't get in my way where I feel I'm going to get the best work out in and a good pair of shoes and I'm happy. Other people do different I don't care or have a beef with it.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I don't care one way or the other what a woman (or man) looks like at the gym. I'm there to work out. If I go to the gym in the morning before work, I seriously do roll out of bed, throw on my work-out cloths, pull my crazy-bed-hair into a pony tail, and go. If I'm there after work, well I might look a little more polished.

Regardless, by the time I'm done with my work out, I look horrid- red faced, sweaty, hair in my face (cause it pulled out of the pony tail). And you know what? I don't care. I feel AWESOME and that's all that matters.
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I like cute workout clothes, however they do not like me. I think you should wear what you are comfortable in. Whether its your husbands baggy t-shirt and some baggy sweats or a sports bra and yoga pants, who f*cking cares.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

I am a fan of "go to the gym and do my workout and then get the hell outta there" - that is when I used to go, I only visit occasionally nowadays.

I don't bother looking at what anybody else is doing or what they are wearing, whether they have makeup on or not, whether their hair looks freshly blowdried or has that freshly-rogered look - basically, all I care about is my workout and I may just now go there at the weekend wearing red top, orange bottoms, mauve shoes with brown socks, just to annoy others.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I only miss my long hair when running... Love the bouncing ponies ladies! LOL.

My beef isn't with the ones looking cute to feel good. My beef is the ones who are more concerned with looking good than working out! If you just ran 5 miles, my beef is not with you! LOL. But fixing your makeup to go hit the elliptical runner? What's up with that? :huh:

I love a cute workout outfit. Love the bouncy pony. Cute makeup is fine, especially right after a workday or during for that matter. It's not the looks, it's the effort!
  • Masterchef2000
    Masterchef2000 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't notice other people at all when I'm at the gym. I'm selfishly there for me and no one else. So if anyone is starting at me for whatever reason, I don't know it.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Because the people who are dressing like that are typically not doing **** for a workout.

And you care why? As long as they aren't in my way, they are like a pretty picture
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I am still fat...I would neither kick a dog nor subject anyone to my body in spandex...plus I have never been a person that shows off the wares..... I am comfortable in my grungy clothes,plus there will come a time when I will have to purchase new workout clothes or be faced with my pants falling off. no sense in spending money I don't have on lookin' purty
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    When I exercise I wear whatever t-shirt/shorts/pants are on top of the clean pile and I don't care if I end up some orange and purple monstrosity, they get used, washed and put on the bottom so they wear out evenly. I'm not about to drop cash on clothes that take that much abuse. I will spend money on a good sports bra and decent shoes, and that's about it.

If you've got the money to drop on matching, wicking under armour in colors that suit your mood, great. More power to you, that cash goes in my gas tank or to the local grocery store. Tshirts are there to catch sweat and you can get them for free by running a 5K or doing a charity carwash. My pants are some great hemp fisherman pants I got in thailand and my shorts are whatever's on the clearance rack that has a key pocket in the waistband.

I do, however attempt to keep my hair tied back neatly and find a matched pair of socks. A girl's gotta have some standards.