Replies

• misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Oy vey - Women, you are all beautiful. :flowerforyou:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I am one of those "sloppy" women at the gym... I am not going there to get a date, and I tend to never wear make up even to work, so I dont see the point in wearing it to the gym... add to that the fact that I go to work up a sweat I would look good for about 10 minutes and then I would have make up all over my face, my hair would be gross and my clothes would be sticking to me... so... Sweats T-shirts are what I wear. My hair is the way it always is or I have a hat on.

If dressing cute gets you motivated congrats and keep doing it as it is working for you... but for me... looking cute isn't a major priority, moving my *kitten* is...
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym. I go running. In public. Through my town. Wanna know what I wear? A baggy sweater or t-shirt (holes neccesary) and some elastic-wasted pajama pants.

Don't hate.

I look hot.

Probably because of all the sweating.

No F#@$s given.
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    who cares what a person wears to the gym. Are you there to work out or be bothered but what ppel wear. I personlly could give two $hits what a person is wearing. And no eed to look all cute when i am just goin to be sweating from a realy hard work out. But to each there own if ppl are concern with what ohers are wearing....just saying
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    What is it with all these threads lately? Why do you think that anybody really cares what you're wearing or what you look like. If you were in my gym, other than giving you a brief smile if I saw you, you wouldn't register AT ALL. Maybe that's what bothers you?

You sound very smug and dismissive of other women so I guess if they're dismissive of you, what goes around comes around.

Really, get over yourself - wear what you want, do what you want, anybody who takes any notice of that is shallow and anybody who thinks that stuff like this matter is just as shallow. Sorry, but these threads are just too much.

MFP... do you think you could start a new 'NARCISSIST' section for these threads? Pretty please? I thought this was about workout technique and was keen for tips... no such luck!

Meow

Exactly.
  • sweetpickle0506
    Options
    I worked in a gym for many years when I was (much) younger, and I've seen some sights I can tell you. From multi-coloured leggings and thong leotards (and that was just the men! :laugh: ), to ripped cropped jeans (frowned upon by the gym owner) and faded Ts, worn by all shapes and sizes. When I get my figure back, I'll be happy to wear the cute outfits and (hopefully) look good in them. But at the end of the day, most of us are in the gym to work out and I don't really care what anyone around me is thinking.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I workout at home and I dress up in cute sports tanks and yoga pants it just makes me feel good even though no one sees it but me.

I do the same thing!! I workout at home, where no one sees me yet Im always on the hunt for cute workout gear!! I think it "puts me in the mood" to workout....happy looking me = a happy workout!!
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Gimme a chick that looks homeless and can put up 325. I don't care if she's wearing a burlap sack or the latest Athena tank top, how many pull-ups can she crank out?

"Is that girl with you?"
    "Which one? Tinkerbelle, or the railroad hobo that just crushed your PR?"

First laugh of the morning. Thats funny.
  • Pokermom10
    Pokermom10 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm also a "sloppy", but it's more because I can't stand spending money. T-shirt and shorts works for me. My pony tail gets reworked about 100 times while I'm there too.

I don't really pay that much attention to what women wear as long they are dressed appropriately. I don't, however, care to be able to see your pink VS thong because you've got your yoga pants pulled down below your belly button. Ugh.
  • SirBeechBum
    Options
    Personally, I LOVE seeing the ladies in their cute outfits. Part of a guy’s motivation! Rock on JennaMarie!
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I dont mind when girls wear no make-up or if they do wear make-up. On occasion I have make-up on but its usually after work . I had to laugh the other day. As I got to the gym and was changing, there was a lady at the mirror, doing her hair up in a nice ponytail and putting lipstick, compact, eye shadow, etc just about everything in her make-up bag. I thought she was leaving for the day. I get out on to the floor and am doing something lifts when I look over to see the SAME girl, all up in some dude's area while he was lifting all giggling and doing they *flirt smack* on his arm... I dang near fell over in laughter. She was doing her make-up the whole time I was changing and even longer. To come out to the floor to FLIRT with some dude. On occasion she would life a weight or two.
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    What is it with all these threads lately? Why do you think that anybody really cares what you're wearing or what you look like. If you were in my gym, other than giving you a brief smile if I saw you, you wouldn't register AT ALL. Maybe that's what bothers you?

You sound very smug and dismissive of other women so I guess if they're dismissive of you, what goes around comes around.

Really, get over yourself - wear what you want, do what you want, anybody who takes any notice of that is shallow and anybody who thinks that stuff like this matter is just as shallow. Sorry, but these threads are just too much.

MFP... do you think you could start a new 'NARCISSIST' section for these threads? Pretty please? I thought this was about workout technique and was keen for tips... no such luck!

EXACTLY!

...this post was started and five pages later the OP still hasn't come back to respond! Seems like it was just to stir everyone up.

Lame.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I thought this post was going to be about form.

Honestly as long as you're working hard and not just there to look cute it shouldn't matter if you look good or sloppy. The focus shouldn't be on what others are wearing and doing anyway but on what YOU'RE doing.
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    Hmm. People who know me would never use the word sloppy to describe me - I'm the girl who always goes out with her hair, makeup and clothes on point, cute shoes, fab purse, awesome accessories BUT when I go to the gym? Who gives a rat's behind. I go to the gym to WORK. I lift heavy, I sweat hard and that's what that's about. If you ever see me in there with makeup on, it's because I came there from another meeting.

So if that makes me sloppy, you can suck it. Hard.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

goodness, me oh my. I believe this stemmed from another "why do girls wear makeup" rant of a thread, and not her being a narcissist.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I think everyone should wear whatever they want, I wear cute outfits sometimes.

I think the real issue is SLOPPY form. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    I think it is VERY important for women to be dressed to the 9's when working out. Perfect makeup, perfect outfit. VEEEERRRRY important. :bigsmile:
  • mandie0378
    mandie0378 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    There are other people at the gym? Man I'm self absorbed. I hadn't noticed. LOL
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I dont because I hate getting hit on at the gym... Its weird.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I like to look and feel put together when I go to workout ... can't say I ever look the same at the end.

I am struggling to think of anyway that my eyeliner or coordinating compression tank/pants could possibly impact someone else's workout. Other than apparently giving them enough rage to burn more calories themselves.

In that case, you're welcome.