Sloppy Women at the Gym

Options

Replies

• DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I only miss my long hair when running... Love the bouncing ponies ladies! LOL.

My beef isn't with the ones looking cute to feel good. My beef is the ones who are more concerned with looking good than working out! If you just ran 5 miles, my beef is not with you! LOL. But fixing your makeup to go hit the elliptical runner? What's up with that? :huh:

I love a cute workout outfit. Love the bouncy pony. Cute makeup is fine, especially right after a workday or during for that matter. It's not the looks, it's the effort!

I dont see why anyone should have a beef with anyone. As long as what they are doing is not posing a saftey risk to others they pay their money to be there same as everyone else
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    The compression stuff at old Navy is very cheap and has held up very well.

Under Armour on sale was $40+ for a long sleeve. Forget that. The Old Navy long sleeve was like $12 on sale. $18 w/o.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't care how I or anyone looks at the gym. I have no beef.
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    Options
    t should make no difference. Your there working out which is great.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I only miss my long hair when running... Love the bouncing ponies ladies! LOL.

My beef isn't with the ones looking cute to feel good. My beef is the ones who are more concerned with looking good than working out! If you just ran 5 miles, my beef is not with you! LOL. But fixing your makeup to go hit the elliptical runner? What's up with that? :huh:

I love a cute workout outfit. Love the bouncy pony. Cute makeup is fine, especially right after a workday or during for that matter. It's not the looks, it's the effort!

I dont see why anyone should have a beef with anyone. As long as what they are doing is not posing a saftey risk to others they pay their money to be there same as everyone else

But sitting and talking on the phone at the only machine of it's type in the entire gym is incredibly uncool.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I am still heavy - so me dressing in the cutesy stuff would look more like a stuffed sausage so the roll out of bed look works for me now. I will eventually wear the cute stuff- but no make up. I just don't understand that.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between girls looking like they are ready to go to a club, and just dressing so you don't look like a slob. But I also get the impression that if someone is that focused on how they look and need to look a certain way in order to feel better about themselves at the gym, then maybe they are there for the wrong reasons, and maybe they are just looking for attention.

I wouldn't show up to the gym in a stained shirt and unwashed hair, but I also wouldn't purposely put on new makeup and spend an hour on my hair before going to the gym. I go because I want to work out, I don't really care what I look like while doing it. If I cared, I wouldn't be working out in a public place. I also wouldn't want other girls giving me dirty looks because I'm not wearing brand name work out clothes or shoes. Labels and brands don't make you better than anybody else.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I don't care how I or anyone looks at the gym. I have no beef.

Same!

I wear my hair down to the gym (headaches if i dont) wear makeup and usually have so much ISU workout clothes taht I look put together and match. Eh I ndon't think it makes a difference! Which ever you prefer :D
  • hillary124
    hillary124 Posts: 112
    Options
    I usually just wear Soffe shorts or running shorts with a regular t-shirt. Im not that confident to wear like a tank top, and I get too hot in yoga pants. I just wear what im comfortable working out in! I also wear my hair in a tight ponytail or sometimes I french braid it when i want it cuter:)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    well I rarely wear makeup..unless it includes dinner and drinks....and my hair is usually in a ponytail. I dont care one way or another...it bugs me more when they lift the barbie weights..and think they are heavy...whereas..their purses probably weigh more..or even that kiddo who is in the 35-40 pound range...

Lift like you mean it...
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I think we have pretty much all learned today in all the women-bashing-women posts that no matter what you do, who you are, or how you look: women will find any excuse to talk *kitten* about other women.

It's just the way it is.

Btw, I love my super cute Lulu and Nike outfits, and I feel naked without mascara :) And I work my *kitten* off while wearing that super cute gear!
  • dieseldiamond1
    dieseldiamond1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I, personally, wear the loose clothing cuz I have lots to lose and lotsa chest that makes me self conscious. My only care about what anyone else wears is deodorant pleaze...other than that, who cares? I'd love to look good in the cute little work out clothes :happy:
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Some people look sloppy at the gym so they can look hot later (at the beach, going out, etc.) :drinker:

Me personally, I go for right in the middle at decent. I can't wear "cute yoga tops" because as soon as I get in downward facing dog my boobs are saying "Hello!"
  • denisejs871
    denisejs871 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I dont really pay any attention to what other people are wearing at the gym,but I can only hope that something im doing or wearing is ruining someones day and forcing them to type out their frustraions on some message board somewhere:laugh:

^^^^^^^^
    What DieVixen said . . .
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    20 minutes on the stair stepper doing intervals and I'm bright red, all my makeup is gone, I'm sweating profusely and I probably stink.

Kudos to you if you are one of those girls who can manage to keep cute the whole time, I guess I'm just not as good as you are...
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I don't see the need for makeup or anything like that at the gym, but I like to put my hair in a cute perky ponytail and workout in nice yoga pants and tops, etc. Just makes me feel like less of a slob. Some people are motivated with different things, and going into my workout wearing nicer-looking workout clothes helps me!
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I also would never spend money on "workout clothes". I just wear old clothes that I wouldn't wear on a normal day anymore, so they get put to use and don't just get thrown out. I'd rather spend my money on other more important things, like the clothes I wear OUTSIDE of the gym.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My beef since you asked is that women who go to the gym wearing 10 lbs of makeup and just a sports bra and daisy duke workout shorts. I get it if you want to wear something body hugging and it actually helps with your workouts, a little light make up is fine especially if you are just getting off work.

I personally like to wear gym tank tops that cling to my body for better movement and knee length workout capris and pull my hair back.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym to sweat and get stronger.
    I do wear makeup usually, but that's because I rarely leave the house without it and it makes me feel more comfortable/confident.
    I don't care what other people wear or don't wear. I wish I looked as good with that "just rolled out of bed" look as half the women I see there, but the pretty made-up ones are just fine too.

Bottom line - I just don't care.
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    What would be your definition of "sloppy?" I personally don't give a flying fig what anyone wears to the gym. I don't pay attention really because, once I put on my headphones, I go into my own little world. I wear whatever I'm comfortable in and, honestly, at 5:00 a.m., you're not going to get the best looking me.*lol*