Any ideas for filling full meals?

agitch
agitch Posts: 47
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
I was used to eating alot. I like it when I feel full. I don't get the urges to eat when I feel nice and full. Just want some sharing on filling foods, that are also healthy.

Replies

• agitch
    I was used to eating alot. I like it when I feel full. I don't get the urges to eat when I feel nice and full. Just want some sharing on filling foods, that are also healthy.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    What types of foods do you enjoy I have lots of recipes.
    jltwedell@msn.com

Eve
  • agitch
    I like heavy hearty meals. I would rather eat a good big meal than lots of small meals...
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Eve,
    Post the recipes you like most.
    I need a change =/
  • Eve23
    Well one of our favorites is Salsa meat and you can do it with any meat. If you do chicken a good green salsa is terrific but pork, beef or venison a good red salsa is terrific. You cn add rice to is or you can eat it with tortillas and all the fixings. This is one of my families favorites and one of the simplist.
    I will take a look at others that I have.
  • Eve23
    Woops if you didn't catch it this is a crock pot meal and cooks all day.

:)Eve
  • I like ploughman's salads and Caesar salad variations. Basically, most of the meal is salad - lettuce, celery (not a lot of this because of the salt-rentention factor), cumcumber, tomato, radish etc (whatever you like basically) with a little bit of low fat hard cheese grated over and cold meat (I like leg ham or lean, no-skin chicken breast cooked in a mustard or pesto-style dressing). Salad dishes are so filling yet so low on calories. Obviously, these are summer dishes though. For warmer dishes, I like soups (especially chicken broth, but whatever takes your fancy), and anything with rice or couscous. both of them are extremely filling and can be very healthy options, particularly if you combine them with something like stir-fried veggies and lean meat.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    OOohh!
    Did you say CROCK POT???!!!

I've been looking for more crockpot recipes but can't for some reason.

Gotta love crockpots!

~Joanna
  • dragonfly183
    dragonfly183 Posts: 73 Member
    I find soups with lots of vegetables to be very filling and there usually low in calories too. I've also learned that foods that are high in fiber and low in calories are very filling as well. Like refried beans. There very filling and low in calories. I make them myself so there won't be any lard or shortening in them, just beans and a little salt.
This discussion has been closed.