Does anyone else find this disheartening?

Options
13»

Replies

• _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I get what your saying. people my size generally weigh closer to 250. 250 is my target weight, I generally have always weighed 50 to 100lbs more than I look so I know that weight can be deceiving. on the other end one of my best friends used to look like he weighed much more than he actually does. It came in handy at carnivals where people guess your weight.

another example was in basic training my battle buddy weighed 195, I weighed 250 but his stomach 10+ inches bigger
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I think your body is better than her start. It does boil down to how you carry weight and what type of weight you're carrying. I think you look great. And I think you should not let other people discourage you.
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    1. You're adorable.
    2. You don't realize it, but you're the lucky one here. I have a friend that's close to me in height, but has a completely different frame. She looks thin and gorgeous around 140, while the weight that looks comparable on me is about 120 pounds. I would love to be able to look equally great without having to work down to such a low number.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think your body is smoking! You have natural curves, and ummm I'll trade you abs ANY day!
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    You can't compare yourself to others like that. You have to be centered on your weight loss, you don't know what someone else has done as far as exercise or eatting habits. You have to strive to be the best YOU that you can be. :flowerforyou:
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Go to mybodygallery.com. You will see so many different shapes, sizes..etc all at your height and weight. It really shows how different people are.
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I look at how far I've come and where I want to be, and I feel great — and then I see something like this
    tumblr_m16rvvXPYZ1rn1i8ao1_500.jpg

This girl is the same height as me, and her "start" weight is the weight I want to be at when I maintain. Now logically, I know that everyone holds weight differently and my body may be more fit than that when I reach the same weight because I've been incorporating so much exercise, but it's still frustrating on some level. For an idea of how my body holds weight, this is me right now at 169 (14 pounds above her start weight)

tumblr_m0mvetPnbw1r6b28yo1_r1_250.jpgtumblr_m0mvetPnbw1r6b28yo2_r2_250.jpg

Am I letting things get to me too much, or does anyone else have similar experiences?

Oh my god! I would kill to look like you!
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You've got way more muscle mass than her, and appear to naturally carry more weight on your bust and hips. You actually look fantastic right now; my goal is about 20 kg lighter than your current weight, (I am quite a bit shorter than you, though) but your current look is pretty well exactly what I'm after!
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Go to mybodygallery.com. You will see so many different shapes, sizes..etc all at your height and weight. It really shows how different people are.

Thank you for this! Awesome site.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    You look great!

We are our own worst critic....remember that.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    you look great!! you should love your body the way it is..not worry about what other girls look like..because sadly you will never have their exact body..everyone is diff.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 150. You are smaller than I am. I drag around 30 pounds of saddlebags.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    don't compare yourself to someone else... you need to only compare you from where you start to where you are to where you want to be. each persons body will change differently and will not look the same even it the weight loss is identical or measurements are the same. You are who you are and you should focus on you.
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    Sometimes I look at how far I've come and where I want to be, and I feel great — and then I see something like this
    (Moderator removed images)

This girl is the same height as me, and her "start" weight is the weight I want to be at when I maintain. Now logically, I know that everyone holds weight differently and my body may be more fit than that when I reach the same weight because I've been incorporating so much exercise, but it's still frustrating on some level. For an idea of how my body holds weight, this is me right now at 169 (14 pounds above her start weight)

tumblr_m0mvetPnbw1r6b28yo1_r1_250.jpgtumblr_m0mvetPnbw1r6b28yo2_r2_250.jpg

Am I letting things get to me too much, or does anyone else have similar experiences?

Your current body is the GOAL BODY that I'm going after.......
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think that I want to be thinner than I am now... and I see so many people out there thinner than I. Then, I think, at what cost? I know I'LL never be able to maintain that weight again - not with my desk job - and I love food! I just have to learn to love the right foods and be happy with me. And I remember that I am SO much happier with myself now than I was 35 lbs ago!

So, let those other images go. Sweetie, if I had looked like YOU at 169 lbs... heck I probably would have started maintenance then and there! You look fabulous.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm disheartened that I'm 153ish 5'8 and have a bigger belly than you...

Lol but seriously we all hold weight differently just own it!!
  • jb852013
    jb852013 Posts: 116
    Options
    You look wonderful how you are! You have very nice curves. You are only four lbs below me, but I don't look anywhere near as slim as you do.
  • bellydancerj9
    bellydancerj9 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    First of all you really do look great! And I do get like that. I have pics of me before I had a baby when I was 115pounds. Sometimes they discouarge me and other times they inspire me. I find it easier if I do not focus on those pics or pics of other girls. All of our bodies are different
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oh man I almost forgot about this post, and then I saw notifications and stuff when I got back on here today. Thanks guys — it's nice to know I'm not the only one. I guess everything is a little frustrating because my weight hasn't really budged for the past 2 or 3 weeks, but yeah. Thanks guys <3