Options
GroupXZ
GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
What do I do with it?!

Replies

• Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I would make a few different types of cooked salmon. One BBQ with different spices!, Another would be to make a brown sugar and mustard sauce and bake it on (Or again BBQ which is even better!)

My family likes it plain and adding fresh lemon juice on it after. (I'm not much of a lemon juice fan so I avoid that one)
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    make some salmon cakes with veggies and panko bread crumbs.. i bake them in the oven instead of frying them in a pan..
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    PHILADELPHIA ROLL SUSHI.

oh my god, I would stab someone for some right about now.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    We grew up on "salmon patties" that my mom made. Flaked salmon pieces mixed with an egg and crushed bread crumbs or crackers, formed into patties, and cooked in a skillet until brown and have a light crust. Delicious!
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Grilled Garlic Dijon Herb Salmon
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 fillet w lemon • Old Points: 5 pt • Points+: 6 pt
    Calories: 233.6 • Fat: 7.9 g • Protein: 34.7 g • Carb: 3.1 g • Fiber: 0.1 g • Sugar: 0.2 g
    Sodium: 240.6 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:

4 garlic cloves
    1 tsp dried Herbs de Provence
    1 tsp red wine vinegar
    1 tsp olive oil
    2 tbsp Dijon mustard
    olive oil spray (I used my misto)
    4 (6 oz) wild salmon fillets, 1" thick (if frozen, thaw first)
    salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
    4 lemon wedges for serving

Directions:

In a mini food processor, or using a mortar and pestle mash garlic with the herbs, vinegar, oil, and Dijon mustard until it becomes a paste. Set aside.

Season salmon with a pinch of salt and fresh pepper. Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat until hot. Spray the pan lightly with oil and reduce the heat to medium-low. Place the salmon on the hot grill pan and cook without moving for 5 minutes.

Turn and cook the other side for an additional 3-4 minutes spooning on half of the garlic herb mustard sauce.

Turn and cook 1 more minute spooning the other side of the fish with remaining sauce. Turn once again and let the fish finish cooking about one more minute. Note: the fish should have a total cooking time of about 9-10 minutes per inch. If your fish is thinner, reduce the total cooking time.

Transfer the fillets to plates and serve with fresh lemon wedges.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I have to say that all of the above suggestions sound great, but I recently tried the most incredible salmon ever. So, I guess I should tell about it.

Miso-glazed, cedar plank salmon

Rinse that raw salmon and pat it dry

Buy some miso, make up the miso paste (add a little water?) and coat that salmon

Let it sit 2-3 hours in the refrigerator

Take it out an hour before cooking to get up to room temp (A REALLY GOOD SUGGESTION FOR ANY MEAT YOU ARE GOING TO COOK OR BBQ!!!)

In the meantime, soak a cedar plank for several hours (so it doesn't burst into flames while cooking)

Place salmon on the plank and BBQ it until there is some pink in the middle. I don't know what it is about the miso glaze, but I've had salmon this way a couple of times (even cold, for brunch) and it is amazing. Enjoy!
  • Super_mom
    Super_mom Posts: 185
    Options
    making salmon tonight. olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, chopped garlic, old bay seasoning, cracked black pepper (yum).
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Salmon !!! I make it few different ways.

1. I buy Indian fish spice mix, Marinate the fish for couple of hrs in the spice mix & BBQ .

2. I welt some spinach with garlic & salt keep aside. Coat fish with oilve oil, seasoning salt & black pepper. Spread the spinach on top of fish & BBQ ( Super yummmyy!!!)
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Someone just gave me a recipe today that sounds excellent. I can't wait to try it.

Ginger Salmon in Parchment Paper

Ingredients:
    •4 cups shredded Napa cabbage
    •1 red bell pepper, steamed, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
    •1 cup snow peas, halved
    •4 4-oz salmon fillets, skin removed
    •1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    •1 tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
    •2 scallions, chopped
    •1 clove garlic, finely chopped
    •1 tsp sesame oil
    •1/4 tsp black pepper

Instructions:
    1.Preheat oven to 400°F.
    2.Cut four large pieces of parchment paper. Fold in half and then unfold and set aside.
    3.Combine cabbage, bell pepper and snow peas in a bowl. Divide them equally on the parchment paper squares.
    4.Place salmon fillets on top of vegetables.
    5.In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, ginger, scallions, garlic, sesame oil and black pepper. Drizzle sauce over fish. Fold parchment edges to seal and place each closed package on a large baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Serve.

Nutrients per serving:
    Calories: 230, Total Fats: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 60 mg, Sodium: 660 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 10 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 27 g, Iron: 1 mg

BONUS: This meal fights aging

HOW? Salmon provides loads of omega-3 fatty acids. These polyunsaturated fats have recently been shown to help fend off age-related diseases and visible signs of aging by protecting chromosomes that affect life span from damage.

“Serve this dish with a side of organic brown rice for a heart healthy meal.” - Nathalie, Oxygen readerYou may also like...

Source: http://www.oxygenmag.com/Health/Articles/Ginger-Salmon-in-Parchment-Paper.aspx
  • GroupXZ
    Options
    I forgot to mention I also have five pounds of tilapia, suggestions?
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ronnvee
    Ronnvee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love salmon!
    Try it slathered with a paste made from maple syrup(2) and mustard (1), or sweet chili sauce thinned with fresh lime juice before baking.:love:
  • GroupXZ
    Options
    Bump! Great recipes, keep them coming! I also need a few tilapia ones!