Sixers Sweating It Off WK 1

Options

Replies

• drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Cathy SW 230.8 / GW 220 / CW PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Kristin SW 000 lbs / GW 000 lbs / CW 000 lbs PROGRESS growing a baby sixer!
    AmyLou SW 153/GW 147/CW 153 PROGRESS +/-0.0 lbs
    Maggie (magglett) SW 184.5/GW 174.5/CW 184.5 PROGRESS +/-0.0 lbs
    Amy (amypyr) SW 152.4 lbs / GW 145 lbs / CW 152.4 lbs PROGRESS +/-0.0 lbs
    Lauryn.... SW 158.2 lbs/GW 156.0 lbs/CW 158.2lbs PROGRESS +/-0.0 lbs
    Jennifer (candycaneps) SW 140.4/GW 135/CW 140.4 PROGRESS +/- 0.0lbs
    Amy(pdxmomof2)SW 200 lbs/ GW 188 lbs / CW 200 lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.0 lbs
    Robin (pettmybunny) SW 184/ GW 180/ CW 184 Progress +/-0.0 lbs
    Tammy (derocco) SW 235.8 / GW 225 / CW 235.8 PROGRESS +/- 0.0 lbs
    Tammara (drtamm) SW193/ GW 185/ CW 193 PROGRESS +/- 0lbs

Melody (exorcize) SW 215 /GW205 /CW 210 PROGRESS - 5 lbs
    Martha (mjheinrich) SW 135/ GW 130/ CW 135 PROGRESS -0.0 lbs
    Rhiannon SW 179 lbs / GW 170 lbs / CW 174.8 lbs PROGRESS - 4.2lbs
    Melynda (mam885) SW 158lbs/GW 150lbs/CW 156lbs PROGRESS -2.0lbs
    Kel (redneckwoman) SW 157lbs /GW 150lbs /CW 157lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.0lbs
    Nikki (nightshadow) SW 154/ GW 125/ CW 151 PROGRESS +/- 0.0 lbs

Hey ladies... I'm here.... I still have the same goal of 185. I would love to be to my goal by Sept 6, a month away for my high school reunion. Mon/Wed/Fri -- I have been doing 6 am workouts and M/w/F I walk for 30 mins w/ two coworkers. Hopefully these are the changes I need to make my goal. I still go to the personal trainer on Tues/Thurs!!! I have started reading BECK DIET SOLUTION and I feel like I'm on my way. This week actually today is my one year weight removal journey, I started 8/4/08 and I have removed 49 lbs. YAY YAY!!! Any success is great. SO, I am still working towards my next goal. I love you all sixers and you keep me accountable to my goals. Thanks for all the support:flowerforyou:

Tamm
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    (((TAMM))) HI YOU !!!!! :flowerforyou:

Your weight loss is amazing, but inquiring minds want to know--- what size were you and what size are you now? I bet you look FANTASTIC! Weight (numbers) aren't always as indicitive of your size as what clothing size you fit into. I know I carried my weight well and fit into clothing that most people 20lbs below me barely fit into.

I think you will have so much fun at your reunion!!! Mine is scheduled for Nov 7 now and I'm debating attending.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Whew, it's been a busy day, and it's only 11! I got up at 5:30 with the dog. She was crying after she came in because she had no water, and I couldn't feed her. She is having surgery today to remove some growths. She's got a lump inside her ear that is almost an inch big (only took a month to grow to that from a pimple sized bump) and another lump on her head in front of her other ear (not growing as fast as the other, but still growing). The vet thinks it may be skin cancer. I about cried after dropping her off, she didn't want to go with the aide. She kept pulling at her leash and looking through the door at me:sad: And crying:sad: :sad: :sad:

After dropping her off, I drove into town and went to the Island (it's not really an island, more like a penninsula, but it's called Presque Isle) and went around that, doing week 3 of C25K. This is my second week doing it, because last week I couldn't make it through for both of the 3 minute intervals. Well, just to show how much I improved, I did one podcast of week 3 by GoNicole.com, then when that was done, I did another podcast of week 3 by Suz. Passed a jerk right after I started, I was going downhill and he said "It's easy to run downhill, isn't it?" Mind you, I had just started an interval as the hill sloped down, so he saw me start to run at that point... But still, stupid jerk! It's 1.9 miles from where I parked my car to where the drinking fountain is, and I turned around at that point. And, by doing the second podcast, I ran my butt back up the hill that I came down in the first place. Where was the stupid jerk then, I wonder!

So, I drove home and showered, just in time to have a protein shake and drive my son back into town for his drivers ed class. And now I'm home again (I'm putting off cleaning the bathroom) until I have a nail appointment at 1. Driver's Ed finishes at 3 (unless it lets out early like it did yesterday), and then I'm home for the night. Anyways, hope you all have a wonderful day... Once I'm done posting on a few of my fave threads, I'm putting this away. I liked being unplugged the last couple of days! Not to mention, I've got some books to plow through (I can get through one a day, if I'm not wasting time on the 'puter). Each book from the library that I read gets me an entry into some prize raffles. I've entered to win 2 massages and dinner and a movie, a grocery shopping trip, and a dinner and a movie night (gift certs to 3 different restaurants and enough for 2 or 3 trips to the theater). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my love of reading pays off big time! lol
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    After dropping her off, I drove into town and went to the Island (it's not really an island, more like a penninsula, but it's called Presque Isle) and went around that, doing week 3 of C25K. This is my second week doing it, because last week I couldn't make it through for both of the 3 minute intervals. Well, just to show how much I improved, I did one podcast of week 3 by GoNicole.com, then when that was done, I did another podcast of week 3 by Suz. Passed a jerk right after I started, I was going downhill and he said "It's easy to run downhill, isn't it?" Mind you, I had just started an interval as the hill sloped down, so he saw me start to run at that point... But still, stupid jerk! It's 1.9 miles from where I parked my car to where the drinking fountain is, and I turned around at that point. And, by doing the second podcast, I ran my butt back up the hill that I came down in the first place. Where was the stupid jerk then, I wonder!

Some people are just hateful, spewing their disgusting negative life all over anyone near them.
    BTW, I had shin splints so when I ran, I had to use a decline. Running downhill was all I could do to begin with but slowly I was able to bring it to a level incline. Trains the body all the same.
    Next time carry mace. :flowerforyou: LOL :laugh:
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Whew, it's been a busy day, and it's only 11! I got up at 5:30 with the dog. She was crying after she came in because she had no water, and I couldn't feed her. She is having surgery today to remove some growths. She's got a lump inside her ear that is almost an inch big (only took a month to grow to that from a pimple sized bump) and another lump on her head in front of her other ear (not growing as fast as the other, but still growing). The vet thinks it may be skin cancer. I about cried after dropping her off, she didn't want to go with the aide. She kept pulling at her leash and looking through the door at me:sad: And crying:sad: :sad: :sad:

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. Poor thing.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when they say stupid things. Unless he said it in a very condescending tone, try giving him the benefit of the doubt so that it doesn't affect your mood. Studying psychology and personality disorders I have found that some people who have social interaction issues find that if they make eye contact with someone they are obligated to say something and what they usually say ends up not coming out as they intended or could be taken a different way.

Either way, don't let something like that affect you because the only opinion that matters is your own.

Take care,
    Tammy
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Great advice Tammy! :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    evening ladies.
    i had a bad afternoon. i cleaned most of the day. some deep cleaning. i had done any deep deep cleaning since we moved in. i finished around 4.

just wanted to check in. bunny so sorry about your doggie. i'll say a prayer, enjoy your books. i should be reading to instead of puter stuff.

see y'all in the mornin....
  • chipper15173
    Options
    morning guys....

i strongly need someone to take me by the shoulders and give me a good shake. i really struggled last night. please shake hard.....getting my plan together for next week to return to the gym and the wii.
    doing grocery shopping today, will be getting better foods. and only the snacks DH likes not me. get my money jar ready again and begin paying myself.

need to get some lotion on my face and my list and adds ready.

later
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    morning guys....

i strongly need someone to take me by the shoulders and give me a good shake. i really struggled last night. please shake hard.....getting my plan together for next week to return to the gym and the wii.
    doing grocery shopping today, will be getting better foods. and only the snacks DH likes not me. get my money jar ready again and begin paying myself.

need to get some lotion on my face and my list and adds ready.

later

Okay Chipper. Consider yourself shook. Feel better now? You can do this!! So I went for a nice hike down the Niagara Gorge last night. It was so beautiful ... what a difference when there's no humidity. Breathing was so easy, I felt free. I hope you all and have a great day and an even better rest of the week.

Maggie P.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Cathy, you are ready to get back to the lifestyle you KNOW you should be on. YOU CAN DO THIS!! :flowerforyou: Keep us updated.

Maggie, still SO JEALOUS that you can WALK to Niagara Falls. :grumble:

Hi Sixers!!!!!!

I am gaining weight back since I'm eating again. Probably a lot of water retention too. I'm accepting that it's okay and still going to eat. No disorders here, thankyouverymuch. I have enough drama in my life!! No need to add more.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    just what i need. DH just left for myrtle beach for the night. big job to do up there tomorrow. so hope to stay away from the food tonight. just bought material to make new curtains for our bedroom. will work on those. dinner will be left over tater tot casserole from last night. bought lots of fruit today, apple, grapes, peaches. so if i want something sweet i will grab that.
    was bad for lunch turn it around NOW cathy. it only makes it worse and depresses you. chart made up for money bank again to start next week. no excuses. sorry talking to myself.

stressing, son is here. he leads a stressful life, his choice. stress as always negative attitude (most times). so when he is here on thursday i stress. he comes to do laundry. that's part of why thursday is my shopping day.

well, need to do some measuring.

later
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Cathy, I'm glad you can get out to do the shopping when stressful son is there. Me and my mom tend to clash and know that at times we have to avoid one another.

One more thing.... can you share that tator tot casserole recipe? The thought of it is making me salivate!! :laugh:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm:tongue: *drool*...tater tots...:tongue:

...thanks for the craving!:grumble: ...:laugh: :wink:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    sorry for the ""dooooolllllll"":tongue:

i made mine last night by browning a lb of ground beef, chopped onion. after that was cooked and drained i added a can of cream of mushroom soup, 1/4 can milk, a couple spoonfulls of sour cream, a couple spoonfuls of cheese stuff. (the kind in the jar), i did add a can of drained green beans :happy: . let it simmer for about 10-15 mins to boil down some. all the liquid didn't go away. poured it into a 9x13 topped with the tater tots, baked at 350 for 20-25 mintes and than put grated cheese on top and back in the oven for 10 min, until cheese melted. you could add whatever you want to the beef. i just started adding stuff from the fridge that sounded good.

son, has left so will go warm up dinner soon. think he was waiting for dinner invite. already took him to mickyds for lunch. got the curtains cut out and the sides sewed.

later.....
  • Edjsmom
    Edjsmom Posts: 22
    Options
    Hello All!

I'm new around here and would love to join you ladies/sixers! What does "sixers" mean.? What is the challenge exactly (please excuse my ignorance, I know it has something to do with weight loss).

I am from OH, 27 yrs old, married, with 1 baby boy (8 mos old). I've always had issues with my weight and before I had the baby was losing weight. After the baby I was only + 7 lbs and after that I gained another 10 lbs. (isn't that backwards). I didn't gain a lot of weight during my pregnancy, so I definitely can't blame on that. I am currently at an all time high of 234.5 lbs :noway: I am only 5' 1". People say that I don't look like I weigh as much as I do, but I sure do feel it! My goal is to weigh 160 lbs., I am in need to lose 70-80 lbs. I re-started my journey 8/4/09 and determined that this will the last time I "re-start!"

So far I was been doing extremely well with my eating! I was referred to this site to track my calories and so glad that I did! I

I'll be back soon!
  • magglett
    Options
    Good Morning Elaine: Everyone is welcome to join this group. We've been working together in 6-week-long challenges for many months now (some of them first met up in a challenge last August!) and you can just add your name to the list that has been started and enter SW (starting weight) GW (goal weight) and CW (current weight - to be updated weekly on Tuesday mornings throughout the challenge). Your goal weight should be for the 6 weeks (10% to 20% of your weight left to lose is a good guideline to start from) and we just check in with each other, post meals and workouts as we want to, take turns lifting each other back up out of the ditches! Here's a copy of the list, you'll notice a space in the middle, the top part is who reported this week, the bottom part didn't yet. Each week you move your name up to the bottom of the top part to report your progress. Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.

Lauryn.... SW 158.2 lbs/GW 156.0 lbs/CW 158.2lbs PROGRESS +/-0.0 lbs

• chipper15173
    Options
    good morning good morining....

great explanation maggie....yes, kristen, me, and i think pedal all began from the beginning over a year ago. it was a challenge someone started while her boyfriend was in boot camp for 6 weeks and she wanted to lose 20 in those 6 weeks. she didn't finish the challenge and only a small hand full made it through and we just continued on.

i had a so so night. i worked on my curtains and watched big brother. didn't eat, just my desert. this morning i woke with a different attitude. had a great breakfast and paid bills and am going to dress and work on my curtains, may run to big lots to get a few things.

hope everyone has a great day.

later.....
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Elaine, welcome!!! I'm Lauryn. 28 y/o Gemini :tongue: with an almost 4 y/o diva extraordinaire daughter. Separated from the husband after 8 years of marriage (11 and 1/2 years together), and going through hell with him because he suddenly wants me back. Laid off in May, picked up a temp job currently through Thanksgiving.

Maggie, your description made me tear up. Pulling each other outta the ditches -- that IS what we do. I love my Sixers!!! :heart:

Cathy, I am jealous of anyone who can just pull things out of the fridge and MAKE a dish. The recipe sounds delicious and I think I'll try one, kinda by the seat of my pants, and see how it turns out!!! I have tator tots right now. :smile:

Kristin, I have pregnancy cravings when not pregnant! :laugh:

I weighed in this morning. 159.8lbs. While this means an increase in weight, I am happy with that. Still not in the 160s but not still dropping due to starvation. I will have to gain weight back before I can start dropping again. It's okay.

Yesterday I skipped breakfast (couldn't eat, had called my husband's girlfriend to comfirm what he was saying... she did verify without me telling her what he said.... my stomach was feeling weird), I ate a meager lunch (a granola bar), but stuffed myself with dinner (2 pieces of pizza and a salad... I need to stop eating so much at once for dinner... it's how I got myself in trouble before).

Lauryn.... SW 158.2 lbs/GW 156.0 lbs/CW 159.8lbs PROGRESS +/-1.6 lbs

• magglett
    Options
    OH OH ... I would love to take full credit for the "Sixers" description but I stole it. I cut and pasted most of it from the description given by PedalHound during our last challenge when someone asked what it was.

embarrassed.jpg
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

:laugh: Maggie! You make me giggle!!!:laugh:

Yeah...it's crazy to think about how long ago this group was originally started...and we truly have gotten each other through some tough times. I LOVE each and every one of you!!!:heart:

Elaine...WELCOME!:flowerforyou: You will love this group as much as I do! Let us know how ever we can help you acheive your goals!

Well...it's FRIDAY!!!!! Thanks goodness! I am SO ready for a weekend. Tomorrow we have our prenatal class. It's a 6 hour thing that teaches not only the breathing techniques but also some newborn care and then gives a hospital tour. I'll let you know what fun things I learn! Then I think I'm going to my parents on Sunday to do some things on their computer (since my dial up internet is a pain in the rear!) Other than that, hoping to catch up on some zzz's!

Well...off to start some work! I'll check back later! Have a FABULOUS morning my girls!:flowerforyou: