Iv'e lost 11 pounds in one week!!!

Options

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Good job, I'm happy for you.

As I love being a downer, don't set yourself up to fall down. Sustainable weight loss will probably be in the 2 or so pound range. So if next week you only loose 2 or 3, don't get down.

best of luck =)
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Let me say ... it is totally normal to lose a larger amount of weight your first week.

My first week on MFP I lost 11 lbs as well. In my case it was more than likely just water weight... I went from a horrible habit of drinking 5-6 cans of regular (not diet) soda a day and when I joined I cut it out completely and switched to water. I had withdrawal headaches the whole first week of MFP - it was AWFUL! But totally worth it!!! Of course the weight loss WILL slow down but it is still nice to start the journey with such a great loss.CONGRATULATIONS!!!

*** Oh and when I lost the 11lbs I was eating WAY more than 1200 a day.... I still don't eat that low of a amount of cals. So just because someone loses that much the first week doesn't mean they are unhealthy. When you make such a drastic change in diet sometimes it happens- especially in the beginning.

That said, please do not eat under 1200 cals a day - you CAN eat more than that and still lose weight :smile:
  • Muslimah1218
    Muslimah1218 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You know what boggles my mind...that someone is excited and new on this journey and wants to share that with other people...and she gets criticized immediately on selling products and not eating enough...cmon ya'll seriously?!! :flowerforyou:
  • 250momma
    250momma Posts: 12
    Options
    Let me say ... it is totally normal to lose a larger amount of weight your first week.

My first week on MFP I lost 11 lbs as well. In my case it was more than likely just water weight... I went from a horrible habit of drinking 5-6 cans of regular (not diet) soda a day and when I joined I cut it out completely and switched to water. I had withdrawal headaches the whole first week of MFP - it was AWFUL! But totally worth it!!! Of course the weight loss WILL slow down but it is still nice to start the journey with such a great loss.CONGRATULATIONS!!!

*** Oh and when I lost the 11lbs I was eating WAY more than 1200 a day.... I still don't eat that low of a amount of cals. So just because someone loses that much the first week doesn't mean they are unhealthy. When you make such a drastic change in diet sometimes it happens- especially in the beginning.

That said, please do not eat under 1200 cals a day - you CAN eat more than that and still lose weight :smile:

Thank you and nice job on your accomplishment !!! Well i am just not hungry as well, but i guess i will have to start making myself eat at least 1,200 calories so everyone isn't fussing at me :-p. No but i may have to because the weight loss may not last that long on this type of diet any was. I will find ways to get the healthy right amount of calories in :-D
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    400 calories a day until you reach your goal weight? is this serious? if so it is negligent.

it appears that the original poster deleted the post saying people should decrease their calories from 1000 per day down to 400 and stay there until their goal is met.
  • michaelaeryn91
    michaelaeryn91 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi.. congrats on the 11lb! Question though, what vitamins are you taking so you're not like, starving? I'm starting a new job soon on top of being a full time student so that could help me a lot

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    roflol @ me selling vitamins...... if i worked for wal-mart and they were paying me to sell their vitamins then i guess you would be right, but seeing that they are not paying me to buy from them you are wrong :) But thats ok we all make mistakes. I'm not selling anything I just eat around 1,000 calories a day and take vitamins to help my body get what it needs. Have a blessed day!

I hope no one else is listening to this.... that is not enough calories for anyone unless you just had bariatric surgery.
    Taking vitamins is't going to stop you from starvation mode -- not eating will.
  • scriehl
    scriehl Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good luck hon! :)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what an amazing start to your journey!

My only concern is what others have already mentioned; 1000 calories a day is really not enough for your body to get the fuel it needs. Try to up your calories just a bit and I promise you will still see weight loss :) Congrats again!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    So I take it you are fishing for people to buy your supplements? I also am assuming you are talking 11 lbs of fecal matter that you have lost via taking said supplements?

I really hope people are smart enough to not fall for this stuff.

Lesa

Calm down, she's been here for a whole week! lol.

Congrats OP, and please be sure to eat at least 1200 a day!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    OP, to you I say Welcome. Being new and excited does not give you an excuse to promote a diet that is dangerous and very irresponsible. You have a lot to learn. Good luck.
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    A 1976 study of ketogenic diets found 61% of the weight lost in the early stages was water weight. That means your actual weight loss was more like 4.3 pounds ... factor in things like differences in clothing worn, differences in gut content, inconsistencies in your scale from measurement to measurement, it may be somewhat less than that. So enjoy it while you can, but don't let it get you discouraged if you find your rate of loss is slowing down.

This makes sense, but either way, 4 pounds in a week is still a great loss! Congratulations, and good for you for listening to advice and deciding to increase your calories to 1200. Take care of your body and it will take care of you! Also great job on taking vitamins. I can never remember to take mine regularly.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    11 pounds in one week sounds dangerous. It's taken me more than 6 months to lose the same amount. Don't starve yourself!

It's possible for someone who is starting new to this lifestyle change to lose this much in water weight, my doctor has even told me this, I lost 6lbs my first week, but my best friend lost 10lbs her first week, it depends on the water your body is retaining. Especially if it's been years since you've really tried to lose weight.

Congrats! Be careful, remember there is no such thing as a quick fix to losing weight. Eat to fuel your body, our bodies need it. Welcome to MFP!
  • lovinmy2boys
    lovinmy2boys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey that's exactly what I was thinking,..
  • Sassyjai
    Sassyjai Posts: 4
    Options
    That 's EXACTLY what I was thinking...
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Just be really careful. I lost 17 lbs. really fast and have now been stuck at the same weight going up one lb and down one lb for three weeks now. I was only eating 1000 calories a day and not always using all of them. Good luck:)
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    You can definitely get on a high here! I started in August 2011, and I haven't come down yet. :drinker: Keep having fun with it, be open to change, and you'll be able to figure out what works for you. You're off to a great start!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am sorry for the assumption. I have some people on FB that are doing this type of thing trying to sell weight loss supplements.

I do not know what kind of loss you have experienced but I hope you know that losing weight at a rapid rate will cause some serious skin hanging, which is not attractive. Are you doing a cleanse? I am a big fan of the acia colon cleansing products, if that is the case, good for you!

1000 calories is also not enough food. As a matter of fact, 1200 is not enough food to be honest. If you find yourself at a stand still in a few weeks or months, please, by all means, try to eat more. If you need some help with some good nutritious foods to incorporate to your diet, please feel free to contact me.

Once again, I apologize for the misunderstanding, I should have not jumped to that conclusion. This is a little thorn in my side because of some underhanded things I feel that are going on with a few of my relatives.

Lesa

The OP was simply stating her success... She was happy with her results and wanted confirmation. You took what would have been a wonderful topic and turned it into a argument.

Anywho... Congrats on your weight loss so far! And I wish you the best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • packersfn7
    packersfn7 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You have a very good attitude and will definitely be successful.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Something isn't right here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!