Stiletto Workout?

Options

Replies

• DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    cocoasslucite1.jpg

that's one huge bootie!!!! and the front to match! I don't envy her one bit! and doing that in heels is stupid and not safe!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Is that Ice-Ts girlfriend.

I dunno, if you do normal squats and put 10 pound plates under your heels it supposed to do something or other...

Yes it is coco or however she spells it

She absolutely fits my stereotype of what a former stripper would look like.
  • bibi6984
    bibi6984 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    well i used to dance in heels and found myself to be a lot more toned than when i did leg exercises at the gym, and heaps more fun...

on the flipside, i'd be worried about the strain it puts on your back, as more and more reports coming out that wearing heels is bad for the back... hmmmmm
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    cocoasslucite1.jpg

I can't get my eyes off that *kitten*!! It's like a car accident. Fascinating, but wrong to stare...
  • Quel1970
    Quel1970 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    LOl- this made me laugh! I would NEVER wear heels while lifting, nor would I think it would be safe. HOWEVER, being only 5'2" I wear some HIGH heels.

When I started wearing them (20+ yrs ago), I was skeered.... so I wore them around the house - cleaning or whatever, to get comfortable. My booty and thighs were incredibly sore until I got used to them.

Kind of a work out all by themselves! :)
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Is that Ice-Ts girlfriend.

I dunno, if you do normal squats and put 10 pound plates under your heels it supposed to do something or other...

please don't do that until you are very experienced and very strong.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    It's even harder in a G-String and using a pole. . . .
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    Actually it puts less pressure on your knees. On youtube look up darness123 he's a trainer in ny. He does lots of different things...

hahahahaha. no it does not. sometimes trainers are dumb.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Actually it puts less pressure on your knees. On youtube look up darness123 he's a trainer in ny. He does lots of different things...
    hahahahaha. no it does not. sometimes trainers are dumb.
    Lol, agreed. I've seen trainers put people on stabilty balls and squat.....................with a barbell.

stability-ball-barbell-squat.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That would be SO bad for your hamstrings!
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    WTF........who came up with this idea
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    In the stripperobics class I take, a lot of the girls wear heels but we aren't lifting weights, it's mainly cardio.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    cocoasslucite1.jpg

It is bad enough when gals come to the gym looking like they just got a make-over and are wearing high fashion workout clothes, but this looks like some serious searching for her (shallow) significant-other.

When I saw this picture the Sir Mix A Lot song - Baby Got Back (I Like Big Butts) - popped in my head and it won't leave me alone. Sorry if you have this tune in your head now too. I hate suffering alone.
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do pole/exotic dance fitness classes and wear heels during them. It is definitely a work out but not the dramarama these comments lead it to be. If you're going to be squatting and inverting and popping it in heels though do yourself a favor and invest in legit stripper shoes. Even though you're up higher they are a million times for comfortable and easy to dance in.

ETA: though we would never lift weights haha.
  • jap1148
    jap1148 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No way...it looks uncomfortable...maybe bordering on painful!
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I do pole/exotic dance fitness classes and wear heels during them. It is definitely a work out but not the dramarama these comments lead it to be. If you're going to be squatting and inverting and popping it in heels though do yourself a favor and invest in legit stripper shoes. Even though you're up higher they are a million times for comfortable and easy to dance in.

Wearing heels for pole is a little different to wearing them at the gym, though.....
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Wearing heels for pole is a little different to wearing them at the gym, though.....

Right but I've seen plenty of strictly stiletto/stiletto fitness/etc classes at regular dance studios and gyms that include what's considered regular strength training exercises incorporated into the dance.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    That sounds just stupid. Yes, let's put on stilettos, a shoe that is not good for foot development etc, and exercise in it. Brilliant.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    cocoasslucite1.jpg

I can't get my eyes off that *kitten*!! It's like a car accident. Fascinating, but wrong to stare...

Same here. She looks toned, but come on... that's just too big. Don't you think??????
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    Also there are people who speed recklessly, drive motorcycles without helmets, put kids in the back of a pick up truck, drink and drive, shoot heroin into their veins . . . . . stupid is as stupid does.

And there's always more stupid willing to join up.

If Coco jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you?

Can't say I'd follow her lead on . . . . anything.