Plain Greek Yogurt?

Options

Replies

• amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I use it on baked potatoes. Also on curries if they are too hot.
    also i like it better than plain yogurt in a lassi - http://www.whats4eats.com/beverages/lassi-recipe
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Tried it. Hated it. Ran for the hills. I like vanilla, but can't do plain. I spike the vanilla with fruit in the morning.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I mix in my favorite flavor of sugar-free jello powder!
  • Darrknys
    Darrknys Posts: 91
    Options
    I cut up half an apple, chop up two medium celery stalks and mix it with the yogurt. I eat this sometimes for breakfast
    *Also spread on whole grain/wheat toast, top it with some crushed pistachios then drizzle with a little honey. Yummers!
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    Mix with PB2 for a great fruit dip :-)
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Splenda packet and a tiny splash of vanilla extract.
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Vanilla extract and splenda packets, I also put it in my smoothies in the morning.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    For tomorrow's breakfast I'm adding some rolled oats, an apple and walnuts to it. Should be good if I have my thoughts and my taste buds working together properly lol
  • misshilary
    Options
    strawberries, unsweetened cocoa powder, and stevia!! it tastes like chocolate covered strawberries :love:
    i also love cooking an apple in the microwave with stevia and cinnamon and adding that to greek yogurt. it tastes like an apple pie! you could even add some granola or oats on top to make it more apple pie-esque
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love mine with a little salt and water. Blend it and chug it down like buttermilk.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I usually eat mine with blueberries and cinnamon. I love Greek yogurt - such an easy way to get some serious protein in your diet!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use it as salad dressing! Yum!
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani Greek yogurt. I usually buy the plain and add fruit, maybe some Splenda, maybe some extract (real ones...vanilla, almond, banana, etc.), light jam, raisins, cinnamon, shredded coconut...endless...
    Some ideas for what to do with Greek yogurt I read recently:
    - Add chopped cucumbers, dill and a pinch of salt for a quick Greek tsatziki.
    - Instead of milk or sweetened yogurts, toss some in your smoothie for a thicker texture.
    - As an alternative to heavy cream when making alfredo sauce for pasta.
    - Mix with chocolate syrup for an easy fruit dip for a party platter.
    - Add a pinch of salt for a rich substitute for sour cream.
    - Stir into pureed vegetable soup to add thickness and protein. (love this one!)
    - Add chopped fruit and sweetener and put in freezer
    - Use instead of mayo in chicken, tuna, and egg salad
    - Frosting for cake; just add vanilla or almond extract and a bit of sweetener (I guess this is for the cake mixes made with soda or pumpkin)
    - Add spices and a bit of milk for a quick, guilt-free creamy salad dressing.
    - As a pre-grill marinade for chicken or lamb: a bit of yogurt, za'atar, lemon zest, pepper flakes and pinch of salt.
    - Add horseradish to make a fish or shrimp dip.
    - Mix with skim milk and use instead of buttermilk for pancakes.
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    For the person who mentioned Cabot Greek yogurt...I bought it recently because it was on super sale. I got vanilla. At first taste, I thought it was different than any I'd had before, but I decided I really liked it on the second taste. I always add fresh fruit.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I stir in a scoop of protein powder, some nuts and chopped fruit for an awesome after-workout snack!! Or I mix it half-and-half with ranch dressing for a yummy veggie dip.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I actually really love the taste of plain greek yoghurt...although I find the fat free version a bit...erm...tangy(?) so I stick with the full fat one. I usually add some pine kernels, sunflower seeds and dessicated coconut to it...nommy!!
  • shanspants
    Options
    A quarter cup of granola is awesome in Greek Yogurt :)
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I add 1/2 scoop of cookies and cream whey protein to the 6 oz container and it is amazing.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I put in stevia drops (berry flavored) and any type of berries I ahve. Today its blackberries and raspberries...with 3 tbsp of hemp hearts..so its a total of 34g of protein..YUM
  • RasheedaR
    RasheedaR Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    GREAT idea! I will try this!