Anyone struggling with at-home workouts?

Options
124»

Replies

• HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    These are the at home workouts that I use - in addition to my stationary bike:

www.bodyrock.tv

or

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight
  • hastings10
    hastings10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i was told jillian michaels 60 day shred dvd was awesome. getting soon to try myself
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I go on youtube to give me something new. I really like Tiffany Rothe Workouts they are fun :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_J8btnIEKQ&feature=related
  • linnyrhea
    linnyrhea Posts: 105
    Options
    I would buy Jillian Michaels DVDs (either "30 Day Shred" to begin with or "Ripped in 30" for a more intense workout). The workouts incorporate cardio, strength training, and ab work and produce great results.

Agreed. I love her videos :)
  • amhullihen
    amhullihen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. It is great! Its intense cardio ( I am sweating buckets the whole time ;-) and builds strength. Best part is that its only 30min long. She also has modifiers for almost all of the exercises. So even if your a beginner(like me :-) you can still do the work out. Its only $10 at walmart so you really cant loose.
  • tastemyrainbow76
    tastemyrainbow76 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the turbo jam and I can finish that one but the turbo fire is to fast for me but I like it also using the turbo jam I have lost some weight...
  • KellyH2012
    Options
    Hi! I have found 2 things that have really seemed to help and I haven't gotten bored with either of them. I do Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 at least 5 days a week ( if you haven't tried a Jillian workout, I highly recommend them! I have quite a few and like them all) also, I joined a Zumba class in my area and do that 2-3 days a week & each class runs at least an hour long. I figure sweating like crazy for 60 minutes has to be burning quite a few calories! With these 2 workouts along with eating better, I've managed to lose 6 pounds in less than a month. I know 6 pounds doesn't sound like much but for me its HUGE! Good luck with everything!!! :)
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of JM workouts i find her so motivating so if i try another person(trainer) I dont work half as hard:( but ive lost 22 pounds now from JM I also run o treadmill 15-20 minutes a day and do a netflix yoga at least every other day. I want to buy the 90 day body revolution Also JM has tons of workouts on youtube Tons
  • lkellandmay
    lkellandmay Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    HI...
    I think having a 'fitness buddy' helps to keep people motivated while working out. It is nice that everyone here is reaching out and helping each other.
    On a more practical note - I recently got the Jillian Micheals Shed & Shred and the ripped in 30. I find both really good and she motivates me. I do 3 days of the 30 day workout then pop in the extreme Shred to mix it up.

I like the other suggestions of the 'fr3e' youtube and online videos.

Just keep on working out and you will see results.

~Laura:smile::smile:
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i agree with fitness buddys I am a member of a facebook page and we keep each other accountable.
  • hans0114
    hans0114 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love the Jillian Michaels DVD's too! I do the Yoga Meltdown DVD a lot. It's yoga poses, but with movement, and you really sweat! So it's kind of like strength training and cardio bult in to 30 mins. And there are different levels for beginners, intermediate, etc. So you can start slow and work your way up
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    does your school have a gym you can use? i used my school's gym and track for my work outs til i had an actual job and could afford a gym membership :-) it worked out well!

as for working out at home. if you own dumbbells, google body for life and look at their upper and lower body work outs. these truly do work if you actually DO them! body for life also includes every other day HIIT work outs, which you can do outside ( running) or on a treadmill, or a bike. the point is to keep pushing yourself!! there is also a diet plan, which is very easy to follow.

if you feel like you NEED to be watching someone work out while you're working out at home, which i know *I* do ;-), then save your pennies and get your hands on a copy of p90x!

i'm in week 11 and it's a pretty great all over work out.

body for life is really good too, and you can get it all free online :-)
  • 01tiger
    01tiger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When you do Turbo Jam what do you inter for your workout to get the calories counted etc...
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I love anything by Chalene Johnson but my fav is ChaLean Extreme. I started it last year but had developed frozen shoulder (not from the exercise) and didn't complete the whole thing. I just got the green light to start again and am in week 4 of the 1st cycle. This is the first time I have followed a program as it was designed and it is great. You can use free weights (I have the variable Select-a-tech Weights by Bowflex plus some free weights) or bands (have those too) or just your own body weight. She is so motivating. When I want to do something different on the cardio days, I sometimes do a Turbo Jam or Shaun T or Zumba..
  • butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My favorite at-home programs:

Turbo Jam
    Yoga Booty Ballet
    an old Weight Watchers DVD - Get Fit (awesome!!)

I am about to start Sim in 6 and Brazil Butt Lift
  • butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    When you do Turbo Jam what do you inter for your workout to get the calories counted etc...

There is an entry for "Kickboxing (Including Turbo Jam)" that I use. I have tracked it against my HRM caloric burn and it is pretty accurate.
  • vivo
    vivo Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi! Try 30 Day Shred,
    I've read a lot of posts of ppl doing this and their before and after picture as well. It goes for 20 minutes which is definitely what I can do consistently and consists both cardio and strength. I'm amazed to see people's results in 30 days. Good luck with picking one out! Add me if you want motivation/support :)

xx
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Insanity-- it is somewhat expensive but it is SO worth it!
    A lot of my friends here do 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. If you have a game system you should check out your local store to see what type of fitness games they have. I have this game callled UFC Pro-Trainer for my x-box kinect and its great! not to mention I just my mom Just Dance 3 for her Wii
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have been doing a strength training program at home from a book called You Are Your Own Gym. It's all body weight exercises with little or no equipment, although we do have a few dumbbells and a pullup bar in a doorway. This is week 2 for us and we're definitely getting stronger. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Your-Own-Gym/dp/0345528581/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332937667&sr=8-1