How Often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning before I get in the shower.
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    I weigh myself several times a week but only record my Monday weigh-in as that is the day that I started this journey and the first weight that I recorded. I weigh myself several times to help check in during the week. It has also helped me to see how my body reacts as well-more sodium, less drinking of water, etc.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel skinny lol
  • LaMarisg
    LaMarisg Posts: 3
    Options
    I feel the same way - I want results QUICK!!! Im trying to learn that it doesnt happen like that. Just keep at it
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning when I wake up. Keeps me accountable for the previous day.. good or bad.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Daily, in the morning - post-workout.

If I miss a day, I don't care.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself every day, but I don't worry about the day-to-day fluctuations. I use one day a week as my official weigh in.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself after every workout at the gym, and only on the scale there. I do this simply as a check on how my week is going though, and don't record it every time. On either Saturday or Sunday morning I have breakfast (need my coffee in the morning), and then head to the gym. After my workout I weigh myself, and this becomes my "official" weight that is recorded for that week. It just seems to me that using the same scale at approximately the same time each week gives me a more accurate idea of my progress. It has worked for me for almost 6 months now, so I'm sticking with it! :bigsmile:
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Only when foreced. ie. Yearly physical, or sporatic work morning weigh ins because "everyone else is doing it".
  • TheAliCrock
    TheAliCrock Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Every day, but I only record once a week. I don't freak out about the daily fluctuations, and I'm pretty familiar with my body's patterns by now.
    Yup. That. First thing in the morning before I shower.

I had to weigh myself every day after my kidney transplant cos they wanted to check for water retention and so on... kinda became a habit. I don't freak out if it goes up, though.

I keep the results in a spreadsheet too, so I can draw a graph through the average trend

/geek
  • jonnyaloha2011
    jonnyaloha2011 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. A cardiologist once told me to weigh every day to see how my body is reacting to different foods, exercises, etc. It is a great habit and keeps me from going UP too far on the days you "bounce" upwards.
  • penroseg
    penroseg Posts: 53 Member
    Options

I don't weigh myself everyday to see weight loss results. I weigh myself everyday to learn how my body reacts to certain conditions.

I totally agree with this! I weigh daily.
  • LauraKije
    Options
    I don't.
    I have a hospital appointments once a month and they always weigh me so I use that.
    That way it doesn't play on my mind all the time and I don't fret about it.
    This is only going to work for me if it doesn't make me unhappy and I think knowing my weight all the time would have a negative effect on me.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every Thursday. Except sometimes I can't wait and check-in on Wednesday. I used to weigh myself daily but one of my biggest frustrations was seeing the scale constantly fluctuate and then go up and up, so I would lose motivation. Since I started here again, I have stuck to the once-a-week weigh in with success.
  • mirandagod77
    mirandagod77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow im surprised how often people weigh themselves...i do it once a week as i think id be obsessed with every gain or loss
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Scale Addict, here. Is there a 12 Step Program for this?

I weigh every morning after my morning pee. :smile:

I weigh when I get home from work just before my run. :noway:

I weigh after my run. :drinker:

I only record my losses...but only because I usually stay within the same .5 lbs +/- throughout all of those weigh-ins (unless there's a major loss). :bigsmile:
  • lunchgirlie
    lunchgirlie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I tried weighing once a week but having a bad weigh in after a week made me feel much worse than watching it inch up over the course of a week. So I just decided to give in to my ocd tendencies.
  • rawfitness
    rawfitness Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday. It's ideal for me.

I don't weigh myself everyday to see weight loss results. I weigh myself everyday to learn how my body reacts to certain conditions.

It's been a great learning experience

I agree!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Daily, and I've learned a few things by doing it that way. One is that after I have a heavy workout (800 calories or more), I will weigh more for 24 hours. I also measure bigger in my calves & thighs. I don't know if it's because the muscles need extra fluid to repair themselves or what but it helps me get through 'slow' times knowing it's from exercise. It is almost always gone within the 24 hrs. Also, I have to watch my sodium and it's taught me just how bad it is for my body after eating too much. The scale always goes up 2-3lbs after having fast food (even low cal) or 'diet' frozen dinners. If I drink a lot, that usually goes away by the next day.
  • roycelynberry
    roycelynberry Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I first get up I know I know most people say 1 time a week but It makes feet good when I have dropped 2 3 in a day 2 days etc even if it it just oz's.