I need a new yogurt!

Options
This morning I noticed my yogurt has way too much sugar in it. It sent me over my daily sugar allowance! What yogurt can I eat that has little to no sugar in it?

Replies

• kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Have you tried plain, nonfat yogurt? It can be a little tart (which I love!) and generally has little sugar content.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Fage
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I get the plain non-fat chobani or fage greek yogurt, then add my own ingredients, like fresh fruit, spices, stevia (for sweetness) protein powder, nuts etc. It's fun to come up with my own combinations.
  • jstein_77
    jstein_77 Posts: 13
    Options
    Kroger carbmaster yogurt. COmes in a bunch of flavors and I don't think there is another yogurt out there that compares in terms of low sugar and carbs.

Tastes pretty good, too.
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Even unsweetened yogurt has natural sugars in it... 9 grams in a cup of Fage unsweetened. I say to ignore the MFP sugar guidelines or up your guidelines to accommodate for a reasonable amount of dairy and fruit. And just scale back on added sugars.
  • DEGiltz
    DEGiltz Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I do what a lot of other folks are suggesting. I buy Chiobani Plain Non-Fat yogurt, sweeten it myself with Splenda, throw in some fruit and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. YUMMY!
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Even unsweetened yogurt has natural sugars in it... 9 grams in a cup of Fage unsweetened. I say to ignore the MFP sugar guidelines or up your guidelines to accommodate for a reasonable amount of dairy and fruit. And just scale back on added sugars.

Agreed! IMO if your sugars are coming from natural sources fruits and low far dairy you are probably ok! Just watch the baked goods!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    We've been eating the Kroger Carbmaster Yogurt. Not quite as much protein as the Greek varieties, but a lot less sugar than regular yogurts. Lots of flavors too!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% w/ a packet of Truvia mixed in and maybe some blueberries.