40-50lb weight loss goals??

Options
I want to know those of who just want to lose 40-50lbs, when you started, what you did to get it and how long it took you to take it off? That's my goal right now to go from 190-185ish to 150lbs.

Replies

• bioniclemonade
    Options
    My goal is a total of 45lbs. I started back in Sept of 2011. I was at 175 and began doing 30 day shred. I did this until mid to end of November when I had to take some time off for knee pain. I didn't count calories then - just tried to watch my portions. I started MFP in January at 163. I also began the 30 day shred again - doing the low impact adjustments. I also just completed week one of C25K. This morning I'm at 140. I have 10 lbs to go. So, after beginning MFP and logging my food I have lost weight faster.

So, in about 7 months I have lost 35lbs (I only record weight once a month - takes the pressure off :)) and I have also lost more than 12 inches so definitely measure yourself - it's great motivation.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Wow thats great!! Good for you on the weight loss too btw! Only 7 months that's not too bad. I started back in October, have been counting calories but took some time off because I had surgery and couldn't really work out too well. I just kept a limit on my intake. Now that I am better I have been on it pretty steadily. I was just curious about how long it usually takes someone to lose that amount of weight and what they did. Thank you for your comment!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My goal is a little bigger... more like 72 lbs to lose. I started this weight loss journey on January 7th of this year... But I so far I am down 46 lbs so far - I still have 26 lbs to lose before I hit my "goal weight". If you want more friends send me a request, we can lose this weight together!!!

To answer your other question... I lost my weight just by eating better, exercising regularly and sticking to it. NO MORE EXCUSES!
  • healthycurves2012
    Options
    My goal is basically identical to yours. I weight 188 right now (started at 200) and would like to be in the 150 range. Ideally I want to be around 130, but that may not even be possible with my build (athletic and muscular underneath my fat, lol).
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My original goal was 50 pounds from 185 to 135. I have lost 17 pounds since January. So I am well on my way. I have lost most of those pounds since mid feb. I lost about 5 or so in jan, but was not serious till I came to MFP.

So I keep track of my calories here, and do 30 min cardio a day and I am on day 7 or the 30 day shred.
  • Leylaos
    Leylaos Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    hi people

i would like to loose from 188 pounds to 135 m trying to burn post pregnacy fat,i see couple of you mention a 30 day shred? please could someone tell me what it is and if it works

thank u
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My goal is basically identical to yours. I weight 188 right now (started at 200) and would like to be in the 150 range. Ideally I want to be around 130, but that may not even be possible with my build (athletic and muscular underneath my fat, lol).

I know what you mean about the muscle under the fat..lol I have the same problem and always have. I will tell you though, about 3 years ago I started a crazy amazing workout routine. Went to the gym every day and one of the workers there actually worked with me daily doing abs and other toning. within a month of working out I was getting very toned and you could see definition in my stomach muscles where I thought there had been none at all.. So us girls that do have muscle just have to use it to our advantage! Good luck girlie!!
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    my goal is 53 to 55 pounds. I want to get back down to my weight I was when I first met my husband..=) Right now I am down 4.5 pounds and I have been working on it since March 6th...=)
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    I want to lose 40lbs. :) feel free to friend me and we can chat about our goals and our methods
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I started back on June 20th 2011 at 187 and dropped down to 147 by New years (40lbs) and have lost an additional 14 lbs since then. It's all doable, just give yourself time.
  • jbrow2487
    jbrow2487 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Started at 182, down to 176 right now after just doing this seriously for about 3 weeks. GW for me is probably 145. I'm currently doing the 30DS along with some other exercises.
  • sarahu8226
    Options
    My first goal is to lose 50 pounds, and I started in late February 2012. I hope to reach my goal by October 1st. After that, I probably would need to lose another 20-30 pounds to get to an "ideal" weight range, but I will play that by ear. I felt comfortable when I was 180 before :)

Add me if you need some support, we can do this!!! :)
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Lost 45 pounds. Took me about 8 month. Have kept it off for almost a year. I eat well, still log my food off and on and made exercise a regular part of my life. When I started this I couldn't walk a brisk mile without getting winded now I regularly run 3. Just be consistant and make changes that you can live with for the rest of your life, This is not a short term change but a lifestyle.
  • mlpeep777
    mlpeep777 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 42 lbs because I want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I have had 5 children and added almost 10 lbs per kid. I did the 30 day shred after the last baby to help lose some and I got down only 15 lbs from my goal and then got pregnant again. I purchased the Rockin-Body by beachbody(It's on sale for $20) and it is really fun and a workout but decided I wanted to push myself harder and started Insanity yesterday. I've been watching the results on the info -mercials and was motivated that I could lose almost all of my weight in 3 months if I eat right and exercise. If you are interested in any of the Beachbody workouts(P90X, Insanity, Turbofire, Rockin Body) send me a message. Let's do this! Never give in or give up!
  • dezaraepeeples
    dezaraepeeples Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as above, with the exception of starting at 181.4 and would like to be in the 130-140 range. Not sure exactly where I want to be, but somewhere under 140 but more than 130. As of this morning, I'm down 8.8 pounds, which isn't bad :) But I have my settings to lose 1 lb a week, and I don't always follow to the letter, but try to at least balance it out to an extent.
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    hi people

i would like to loose from 188 pounds to 135 m trying to burn post pregnacy fat,i see couple of you mention a 30 day shred? please could someone tell me what it is and if it works

thank u

It's a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels. Results vary. Mine didn't go so well (I have old Lady joints and it was very harsh on them even with modifications) Others I have seen HUGE weight/inches lost. You can search for it (30DS or 30 Day Shred) in the forums to get opinions from others that have use it. Good luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • tobiwood1977
    Options
    My goal is a little bigger... more like 72 lbs to lose. I started this weight loss journey on January 7th of this year... But I so far I am down 46 lbs so far - I still have 26 lbs to lose before I hit my "goal weight". If you want more friends send me a request, we can lose this weight together!!!

To answer your other question... I lost my weight just by eating better, exercising regularly and sticking to it. NO MORE EXCUSES!

That is awesome!! Good for you!!! That was fast weight loss!! I too am trying to lose about 50 lbs - i want to lose more like 75lbs but i consider 50 my mini goal
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Started Jan 20th at 172
    Current weight 147.2

Lost just about 25 lbs in 65 days!

I log EVERYTHING i eat, even when I don't want to :) I choose healthy foods and never am hungry. I eat right at the 1200 calories.

I exercise 4 or 5 times a week, sometimes 6. I have made it a part of my life that is not negotiable. I have two small kids, and it was MUCH harder for me to carve out that time for me than it is to eat right! But they are both equally important to me now. My energy level for my girls is SO MUCH BETTER so they are reaping the benefit of my exercise as well.

My goal is to get to 135ish...which is about what I weighed when I met my husband too. About 37lbs total, I feel as though I can get there by June. Slow and steady but it adds up, and I feel SO MUCH BETTER!

you can do this!!! I don't find it very hard....you just have to be very aware. Eat things that you cook so you know what is in them, eat clean, fresh and simple....at least that works for me!
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I too want to lose about 40 lbs. My journey started off back in Nov of 2010 when my friend and I decided that we were going to join Weight Watchers and lose weight before Halloween of 2011 because we wanted to have more choices of costumes. You know the ones where it says "One size fits most". Well from Nov 2010 until about Jun 2011 I had lost about 18 lbs, just doing WW alone, no activity/exercise.

Then summer came and fresh fruits, and weekend trips to our second home, caused me to slowly gain about 12lbs back. So needless to say, Halloween 2011 came and I still had the limited choice of costumes. But I continued to march forward. I'd track, go to the meetings, etc., but was playing that game "lose 1 gain 2". So really started to get frustrated, disappointed, and down right miserable because the weight just wasn't coming off.

I knew I needed to exercise, but it just wasn't happening at home. I work 10 hour days 4 days a week and I'd get home from work and after running errands, and would just be too tired to do anything.

Now my friend has a better success story, she lost about 50 lbs doing WW but by Jan of 2012, she was playing the same game "lose 1 gain 2". It was at that point she got a coupon in the mail for $$$$ off a gym membership. So we talked about it and then we set up an appointment tour the facility.

We were both impressed and agreed that we'd cancel our WW membership and join the gym. I couldn't justify paying for WW and the gym. That's when the staff member introduced us to MFP and we've been hooked ever since (we joined the gym and signed up for MFP about 3 weeks ago).

Reading all the success stories on here gives me hope.

Thanks for listening and feel free to add me as a friend. Any and all support is appreciated.
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I started May 29, 2011 at approx. 208 lbs. I started the 30day shred and didn't watch what I ate. Til January 2012 I lost a total of 28lbs. Then I started watching my calorie intake. I joined MFP weighing 177. I now weigh 170 and would like to lose a minimum of 35lbs.