Getting ready to do the warrior dash in two months. What sho

Options
2»

Replies

• gatecityradio
    Options
    lot's of good info here, thanks! I don't really plan on running the whole thing, the people I am going with are older and I'm not really sure if they are in better shape or worse shape, we all plan on sticking together. I'm mostly going to work on running and arm/upper body strength.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    lot's of good info here, thanks! I don't really plan on running the whole thing, the people I am going with are older and I'm not really sure if they are in better shape or worse shape, we all plan on sticking together. I'm mostly going to work on running and arm/upper body strength.

I did not run the whole thing either. LOL
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, and have fun! Cardio and upper body strength would be my points of focus. Run outside in the elements. The treadmill is a whole different experience. We don't have that specific race here, but I am running the mudathon in August. I am so excited to get down and dirty. :P
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    The site has workouts and a plan for you. Friends and family are doing it with me In August in NY. I am so looking forward to it.

There is also an ipod app- C25K, couch to 5K to get you to work up to a 5 k run.

The warrior dash site gives you the workout suggestions starting 8 weeks out or so. Check it out!

GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!

Just looked on the warrior dash website and found the work outs. I'm going to start on those tomorrow. Thanks !
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize there were workouts on the website! Glad I read this thread. Mine is June 9, cant wait! Good luck and have fun to everyone participating!!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Cool!! I am doing it on April 21! Go us! Anyway the course really isn't bad just be sure you are fit enough to run a 5k. :drinker:

I'm doing one April 21st. Is yours in Jackson, Miss? That's where mine is.:drinker:

I'm running this one too!

What wave are you both doing it in? I'm 10 AM wave.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Cool!! I am doing it on April 21! Go us! Anyway the course really isn't bad just be sure you are fit enough to run a 5k. :drinker:

I'm doing one April 21st. Is yours in Jackson, Miss? That's where mine is.:drinker:

I'm running this one too!

What wave are you both doing it in? I'm 10 AM wave.

I'm running at 11:30
  • McKristy
    McKristy Posts: 53
    Options
    Wear tight shorts or shirt. something that will stay on when in mud! And wear old shoes. Something you don't mind donating

This for sure. Many people lost shorts in the mud. Don't be one of them. LOL

I didn't do anything specific to train. I worked on my running (I HATE running, still do) and did a lot of circuit training. It's a complete blast.
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    It is a BLAST! I run it in May. Definitely wear shoes that you don't want to take home. They have a huge pile that you can throw them in when you are done. They clean and donate them I believe. Don't wear baggy clothes, you will get muddy and wet and they will slow and weigh you down.

Have fun!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reOLeLX0Q9U <--- Run to that song. It'll put you in the mood. :laugh:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i can't wait for my second one when they come back to south florida - hopefully before december again......i did the one in deerfield beach last december and had an amazing time....was looking for another one in florida right away unfortunately i couldnt make the others nearest to me due to conflicts.....definitely wear tighter clothing, bring flip flops, a towel and baby wipes to clean up....i changed in the parking lot and still managed to get mud inside my car lol.....donated my sneakers to the pile as i walked out....so wear old sneaks you dont mind tossing or donating.....enjoy your day....it is a great sense of accomplishment when you are done...denise
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize there were workouts on the website! Glad I read this thread. Mine is June 9, cant wait! Good luck and have fun to everyone participating!!

I'm on June 9th also! I assume you're in Nebraska?! It'll be my first one and I'm so excited! To the OP as for workouts I've been doing my normal running, kickboxing, strength training but putting extra focus on upper body strength. Good luck to all running this year!
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reOLeLX0Q9U <--- Run to that song. It'll put you in the mood. :laugh:

"And I work the women with my club."

Oh wow, that was interesting!
  • jessicaeclark
    Options
    You are going to do fantastic! Just make sure you can run! Also make sure to check out Hero Rush (Herorush.com) It's the firefighter-themed 5k obstacle race! I'm really excited to do it =))
  • Mizzou91
    Mizzou91 Posts: 249
    Options
    I've got mine April 21 in Dallas. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!