Minnesota Gal! Brand New :)

Options
2»

Replies

• CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Former MN girl here (21 years!), currently living in North Dakota.
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yep...another Minnesotan!! I live up near Duluth! I hope your experience here on MFP is a great as mine has been! Add as friend if you wish!
  • sonofpaul
    sonofpaul Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also a MN gal! Did WW and lost about 30 pounds as well, but when it changed to Points plus, I didn't care for it. I like MFP and would love some more local friends and support! 5k sounds awesome!
  • rrhennen
    rrhennen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    (waving hand) Hi!! Add me to the MN list :) Although, I live in an accessible yet inconvenient rural town, SW of the metro.
  • Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP... your new addiction! :)
    I am also from Minnesota. I've been using MFP for 6 weeks now, along with doing Chalene Johnson's Turbo Fire. Finally seeing change that I'm proud of (except not on the number on the scale...)

Feel free to add me -- I love motivating others and being motivated!
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    Hey all, I am from Minnesota too! I didn't realize there were so many of us!!! I am about 25 minutes north of the Twin Cities, but work downtown Minneapolis. I am friending all of you :happy:

To the person who suggested a 5K, me and a few other of my MFP friends are doing Rugged Maniac in September. You should look into it!!! We already registered but I think you can still join our team if interested.
  • kp1205
    kp1205 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone - I'm from MN, too - St Cloud area born and raised, but lived in Mpls after marriage, and Iowa for awhile, then back to MN. Do you know there's a group called "Minnesota?" Join up and make friends with all of us!
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hello MN ladies... Minnesota born and raise now on the border of MN and ND.
  • Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    SE Minneapolis here! Nice to know there are a bunch of us MN women out there!
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    Hi, everyone - I'm from MN, too - St Cloud area born and raised, but lived in Mpls after marriage, and Iowa for awhile, then back to MN. Do you know there's a group called "Minnesota?" Join up and make friends with all of us!

Well, that is exciting! I didn't know about the Minnesota group. I have now joined it!!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I love Minnesota! I was born in duluth and moved to California in high school. I want my Minnesota friends in California.

Hey, Duluth girl! I live here.........you're the same age as my youngest daughter :) Maybe you knew her!!!
    West Duluth - MacArthur, Morgan Park Middle, Denfeld?
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options

YAH, SURE.......join the Minnesota Group!
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    welcome. my name is Katie. its nice to meet you. I am a California girl orginially. would be glad to be your friend
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Join the club! We are currently 272 members strong.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/146-minnesota
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a newly implanted MN gal now :), we moved up from IL about 4 months ago. I live about an hour from the cities. I have to say, I really like it here! It feels more like 'home' than home did :D
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Also MN born and raised right here! There's lots of us! :D
  • jen1127
    jen1127 Posts: 19
    Options
    Born and raised in MN (notice my Gopher Jersey in my profile pic:wink:) Had to move to enemy territory (Green Bay) because of DH's job, but a MN girl all the way!!!
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wow, alot of minnesnowtians here
  • jessivette31
    jessivette31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! If you did it ones, you can certainly do it again. Commit to a workout program and make sure that you eat your 6 meals a day and i assure you that you will not gain them back... but you have to be consistent and you need to make a heatlhy eating your life style.. It's hard but possible to do.. i have kept my weight off for about 8 months and it feels great... let me know if you need help figuring out your daily calorie intake. That is also very important to lose or gain weight/muscle.. ;)
  • AubriaJordan
    Options
    Anoka Girl here!!!

If anyone lives in the area and would like to walk, bike or go to the gym let me know!!

Otherwise you can friend me for motivation as well.

I'm just getting started on a lifestyle change versus diets. I've learned a lot!