A brand new spring in my step.

Lately, i havent been logging on here, or getting my regular exercise in at either the gym or even tracking my calories. By lately i mean the last 6 months at least. I couldn't find the inspiration to get out of bed or get off my behind and do something about my weight anymore. I started drinking more and the only real exercise i have been getting is working behind the bar at my job.

Alas! Don't feel sorry for me, as it was my own doing. Things in my life just haven't been great as of late and i guess it got me down, problems with my schooling, love life, and close family.

Since Saturday however, the weight has been lifted and i have my inspiration back, i have cut down my calorie intake and have been carrying out a lot more regular exercise, i have a gym induction booked for Thursday and completed a 4.5 mile run today which hasn't happened in a long while.

Where did this inspiration come from you may ask? Well i met somebody new, i have a smile on my face and have someone i feel close to. I didn't realise how one ounce of happiness could help put a spring back in your step, but i certainly feel it! So i guess my message to all of you looking for inspiration is look to those close to you and draw inspiration from them in some way. Don't let the silly things get you down, and try to live a happy life, a smile really can make the difference.

So here i am, back, refreshed, and logging! More to come.

Replies

• leaso75581
    leaso75581 Posts: 103
    good for you!! keep your smile, and never quit:smile:
  • thanks so much, nice to feel motivated again!
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Joy is a great antidote for depression. Exercise helps too.
  • autihill
    autihill Posts: 23 Member
    This is awesome to read for inspiration! So happy for your new motivation!
  • VelleEstPosse
    VelleEstPosse Posts: 8 Member
    Good luck hun, glad to see you happy again! :) - Keep up the good work.
    Lots of love xxx