Zombie run, run for your lives?

Options
Anyone done it? Any tips? I wanna do the one in October in Maryland...it looks ridiculously fun!

I'm a little concerned I won't be fit enough. All the people in the video looked like marathon runners lol

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I want to try it too but I'd love to be a Zombie! Are you in MD? I am!
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine does it every year (except for last year b/c of an injury) I hear it's a lot of fun.
  • Welshcakes
    Welshcakes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The Zombie Apocalypse is the only reason I am on MFP. Don't want to be used as a decoy by fellow survivors :P
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The Zombie Apocalypse is the only reason I am on MFP. Don't want to be used as a decoy by fellow survivors :P

First rule of Zombieland: Cardio.

I have some friends training for the zombie run. They're not marathon people, but they're working up to it with C25K.
  • steve3146
    steve3146 Posts: 26
    Options
    I've never heard of it but it sounds awesome
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    It looks so awesome. I am thinking about doing it, I just dont think I am fit enough yet.. but thats why I should start training.

Any pointers marathon runners?
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options

This is awesome! I like your style!!!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    One of my MFP friends did it. I want to but they won't come to New York :(
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i do a zombie run everytime i run lol i imagine zombies behind me hahahah
  • Tiger_Star
    Options
    My fiance did it last year in MD. Bring baby whipes with you. it was very muddy and there was no place to wash up after the event. To prep for the event he started Couch to 10K several months before the event... He also went with the mind set of having fun... He did the run as him then was a zombie for the 2nd half of the day. He LOVED it!!
  • mcnibbleton
    Options
    I am doing it this year in Maryland and training for it with C25K. My next run is W3D3. This race is the best motivation I have found to keep running!
  • drewbird911
    drewbird911 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Looks like fun too bad the Zobie passes are all sold out ;(, I may see if anyone in our family wants to try it...
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be in crazy good shape to do this race. Not that I would try and convince anyone not to train up (because getting in better shape is part of the reason many of us are here right?) but it really isn't that neccessary. It is more of a fun run. Most people (unless they really cared about time) ended up walking a lot and sprinting the parts with the faster zombies. The MD race was crazy muddy last year, to the point that you had to walk because the mud was so thick/slick you would be falling everywhere. To be honest it is part of the reason I won't do this race again, this wasn't like a mud run, the mud was so slick you had to be extra careful about how you stepped so you wouldn't end up on your rear. Plus, they ended up closing off one of the last obstacles because it got so slick from the wet/muddy people going over it someone hurt themselves pretty badly. It was fun though, just be prepared to be caked in mud/dirt at the end unless they change the course this year.
  • jessicaeclark
    Options
    I'm doing the MD one =) I think it's more mind over matter-honestly, I'm really excited
    Also-I'm doing Hero Rush (Herorush.com) It's a Firefighter-themed 5k obstacle race-It's having it's first event ever in MD in April!!! You should do it, too!!
  • carolanne84
    carolanne84 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    omg I so wish they had one in TN I would so be on this! Looks like so much fun and would be a great first 5k.
  • mommyfauc
    mommyfauc Posts: 54 Member
    Options

HAHA I'm with you!!! And you don't need to be a marathon runner, just have to outrun others, or trip them, shoot them in the leg, etc....