I need friends

Options

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You're welcome to add me. Good luck!
  • bblonskidesigns
    Options
    welcome! i'd be happy to be your friend if you send over a request :happy:
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
    Don't attack it all at once. If you win a small victory, it's better than you would have done before starting. If you obsess over every choice, you will end up beating yourself up and maybe quitting. You can't change life habits overnight. Rejoice in the successes. Take the defeats seriously, but don't let them knock you out. You'll do great-er than you would if you didn't try! :)

You can friend me if you'd like.

^^^^This^^^^ My grandma also would say (often) ONE DAY AT A TIME...but I find I need to do one hour at a time! Good Luck on your journey!
  • ShelleynBeau
    Options
    Testing.... I started last Thursday (3/22).
  • Showtime19
    Options
    Welcome aboard. You can add my to your supporting fan list.
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    welcome. you can do it. we have a lot of resources to help you.
  • birdi0421
    birdi0421 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a wonderful tool!! And the support is awesome!!!
  • tinaisme
    tinaisme Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey girls I have been doing this site for about a week now. And I think im seeing some good results. I haven't checked my weight cause im trying to wait , that way there is more then a half of pound drop. My daughter is almost a year old and im still hanging on to this weight. Im hoping that with the help of this site I can drop the rest of this weight
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    What are some of your goals?

Welcome, by the way! :flowerforyou:
  • shesajoy
    shesajoy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too - I just started 5 days ago, and have only one friend myself. ;) Welcome! :drinker:

I got on the scale for the first time in a year at the gym a week ago. I have put on 20 lbs and needed to lose 10 to be where I wanted to be in the first place. It was unpleasant, but I am glad that I did it, so that I know what I am working with! I don't even own on a scale - I am far more interested in measurements, as I tend to be heavy for what I appear to be anyway, which makes getting on the scale no fun. Strength training always adds some weight initially also, but is good in the long run.

So, don't be discouraged - get on the scale or take some measurements so you know when you make some measureable progress! It will be worth it.

Joy
  • CRenaeB
    CRenaeB Posts: 66
    Options
    HI!!! You have made the first step... Now lets go!!!!
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to friend me if you would like. I'm positively addicted to this place and am on ALL THE TIME! lol!
  • ejechols
    ejechols Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. After a while, and diligent recording of everything I ate, I really wanted to make better decisions. Dont beat yourself up. That just makes me want to eat more. Log it, and move on.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hi. My best advice is to make changes slowly. Next time you want candy buy a smaller one. Find out what byour riggers are for eating and learn a better way. Mostly, I quit buying ice cream out of a tub cause I think it taste bad if it last too long. So the majority of ice cream that gets bought is wrapped in single servings and that has helped me quite a bit. I am getting into making shakes though soI did buy a carton of ice cream and I threw half of it away. So slowly my thought process is changing. Friend me if you would like.
  • JMcNiel24
    JMcNiel24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This site really helps you watch what u eat! More importantly it helps you watch your portions. I just kinda started as well. Been great though.
  • deborahdi72
    deborahdi72 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started today as well. Add me to your friends if you would like. I need all the support I can get!
  • cairney4698
    cairney4698 Posts: 237
    Options
    Hey there. Always happy to add to my friends network. Feel free to send me a friend request
  • ejechols
    ejechols Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Not sure were to begin. Scared.... afraid I won't loss the weight.

Feel free to friend me.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Friend me at your own discretion....
  • VLady79
    VLady79 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am addicted to this site as well. I love getting on here and tracking my food, exercise and reading the message boards. Good luck and you can friend me if you'd like as well.