running and big tatas!

Options
So....I've been running on my treadmill now for a few months and I must say I LOVE IT! I think I just may become a runner after all....however I have pretty big tatas and I don't want to run outside lol. Well, I do, but I do not want people gawking at my chest while I run. As it stands now I wear a regular bra and a sports bra just to not have them bounce around and give me a black eye! I am very self concious of them. I wore a dress in Vegas a couple weeks ago and I got a ton of compliments (first time I let the girls show) but I seriously cried (real tears) before we left our room. How can I get over this? Anyone feel like I do and what did you do to get your butt out in the beautiful sunshine and RUN? I do not want to stare at my wall for the rest of my life running on a treadmill.

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I'm with you there! It HURTS if I don't have the right sports bra on. For years I ran with two bras and a tech shirt, every single time. I recently found a zip-front under armor bra that does the job all on its own (keeps the girls nicely locked in, though it is a bit of a struggle to get into). I also like Moving Comfort, they have adjustable straps and are pretty comfy. I've heard good things about the Lululemon TaTa Tamer, but haven't tried it. Unfortunately, all of these bras are a little more expensive than a regular sports bra (around 60$), but you get what you pay for! Good luck!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    The Enell sports bra is a must for me! I don't have to wear multiple bras to keep them from hurting when I run. I hate being so large chested! So painful... I literally go NOWHERE with the bra on. Just the tiniest bounce doing jumping jacks! An absolutely amazing bra, and worth every penny I've spent on them. They are pricey, but I couldn't run without it!
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    What helped me overcome my fears and get over my feelings was that I'm doing this for ME! I stopped caring what other people thought about me, and I like to think if people are staring at me it's because they are thinking "Damn, she's working real hard! I wonder what she'll look like when she reaches her goal?!" because that's EXACTLY what I think when I look at people at the gym! Just a tip, check the pollen in your area, I ran a few times in at night when the pollen was bad - I was never allergic until now. I had really bad congestion and 2 weeks later I'm just starting to get over it.
  • bearxfoo
    bearxfoo Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have pretty big gal's for my frame, being only 5'2 and 150lbs... I've had DD's since I can remember (even when I was at my lowest weight, 126lbs, THEY never got smaller!).

So I know your pain!

I recently ordered a Moving Comfort sport's bra and let me tell you, best thing ever. The only problem is that it's HARD to get on and off, especially if you're overweight... I can't put it on and buckle it from behind, I have to bend in ways I never thought possible. BUT once its on, those babies aren't moving an inch. It's SO snug that I felt kind of restricted and almost like I couldn't breath... just something to get use to, I guess.

I also did something totally unlike me and bought a tank top with one of those SUPPORT things built in. With a regular bra, it actually does help a lot.. although, again, because of my size, it's very tight but really helps with bounce. I don't feel so self conscious but it gives me a lot of unintended cleavage, and I KNOW people are looking. I just smile.

Eventually you just gotta say "whatever!" to people who stare and ignore them. You've got boobs! All women do! Embrace your big gals! :D
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    oh im so with you !!! i wear a double d / 36 waist . I wear a bra , a sports bra, and a cami with a bra. I usually run at night or early morning. Just because I do get nerves and feel very self conscious of the same thing. I want to go during the day but Im not sure of you know where to go. I usually try to run at places with a track. Like by me schools leave the track open and after school hours I go run there. This way I know how many miles , and there are lights all over.. So i dont know maybe try that...

Glad not the only one :bigsmile:
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I am rather heavy in the chest as well, not overly but enough to have issues when working out. What I do is wear a compression sports bra and a compression tank top. If this is too uncomfortable for you, try either a regular sports bra or a regular shirt with the compression.
  • vancil01
    vancil01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just wear headphones, listen to music, and don't pay attention to anyone else....if you have a big chest, guys are going to look whether you are running, gassing up your car, or just standing around doing nothing....you will never escape that....If you truly don't want that and hate it when guys stare at your tits, then get them augmented so they are not so big.

Nature is nature, some things won't ever change.
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The key thing to it is a well fitting and supportive sports bra. I'm wearing a FF and I've found one that keeps me strapped in properly. (It's a Shock Absorber in support level 4). It's not the most comfortable of bras, but it keeps me from bouncing around enough to hurt myself.

And I can't say much about the feeling bashful about them. I just admittedly strut mine. I love low cut wrap shirts.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Im still breastfeeding, so i know how you feel! I second the under armor front zip sports bra. Its for maximum support. It flattens your girls down and holds them tight so that they barely move! It was $50, but in the long run its cheaper than multiple bras, and I can just wear a t shirt with it!
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am a 40DD and I use a Hanes her way front zip that I got at Sears just a few weeks ago. Love the front zip it is just so much eaiser to get into and the razor back keeps my straps where they belong and original price was around $30 and they had 30% off. I just bought a size smaller (XL) and it holds the girls nice and snug!
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I used to be self conscious to when I ran and my boobs jumped up and down.. Now I don't even have them..

On a serious note, your doing this for you, not them. If they look ignore, if they whistle, laugh, and if they hit on you RUN!