Not just going for a few pounds!

Options
I've been fat since I was 10, and I can't blame anyone but myself. Last week I decided to start eating right and exercising. I jumped in headfirst, cold turkey, all by myself and I'm seeing real results already. Every morning before breakfast I weigh myself, and I've already lost NINE pounds. That doesn't sound like much, but every time I look at the scale and see that 1 whole pound of FAT is missing from my body, it's super exciting and incredibly motivating! My mother in law keeps trying to get me to eat her cooking (Butter, cheese, cream, chocolate, EVERYWHERE). Yesterday she brought home 2 bags of tacos for me and my husband to share. Sorry! That stuff doesn't even sound appetizing anymore! Every time I weigh in and see my progress, I do a little victory dance and grab something light and healthy to get the day started.

I started at 212, and right now I'm 203. I originally set my goal at 140, but now I'm starting to think I could go for 110! 100 pounds! I can do it!

Replies

• mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it, and it is the best attitude to have :) Best of luck!
  • lkellandmay
    lkellandmay Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ...
    You CAN do it and YOU ARE DOING it!

You are on the right track. I have gone through my house and removed culprits that tease me with their chocolatey goodness! Or intice me with their salty crispy fetishness.

I think you may have to have a good ole heart to heart with your mother in law. It almost sounds like she is trying to sabotage you! What do you think. hold fast to your goal because you Can do it!

Laura
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Well done you and congratulations on losing the weight and staying motivated (despite temptation) I am new here too and I look forward to following your progress.

Have you tried taking your Mother in law aside and gently explaining to her that you really appreciate her cooking but you need to change your diet for "health reasons"?. It sounds more solemn and serious than pound-shedding and may just get her on your side.

xx
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm definitely going to have to have that talk. The other day our aunt brought over some cupcakes on the way to a friend's farewell party, and I thought I'd help myself. Of course after I had one I found out they were a Paula Deen recipe (eek!). So I spread them out over the week as tiny rewards. Now whenever I have a sweet craving I have a cup of generic Honey Bunches of Oats cereal.

It's great to see so much support on these boards! Of course I have a great attitude now, but I'm sure along the way I might need a shoulder to cry on. Still, though, I'm keeping it healthy and today is day 2 of exercising!
  • CRenaeB
    CRenaeB Posts: 66
    Options
    Hi!!! My name is Christina. We are similiar. I started at 212, Im at 208 now... My goal is 140 Im 5'3".. You can do whatever you put your mind to... Great job!
  • FrostyFour
    Options
    Same, height, same weight. I know what it's like to be there just starting out... I mean, I still am! Just think healthy thoughts. ;)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    good luck
  • katieslosingit
    Options
    You CAN do it!! Good luck! :))
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You GO with those victory dances!
    Good luck on the heart to heart. :flowerforyou:
  • tommysmom2000
    Options
    Good job on the loss!! It's always very hard to start & it does take a while for some people to "get it" that you are serious about what you eat....my mom who is one of my biggest supporters STILL offers me some of her yummy homemade things from time to time. I just repeat to her that as much as I would LOVE to, now is not a good time as I am concentrating on my goal :smile:

I started at 207 and am now at 174. I started in October 2011 and it was hard in the beginning but as the numbers on the scales kept going down & more importantly, my clothes kept getting looser, I find myself motivated like I never was before. Keep a hold of your motivation & remember it when times are harder, plateaus are reached because it WILL help you through them to the other side!
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    salty crispy fetishness.

This line alone was worth clicking on the topic lol
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    GO FOR IT!

After a while it becomes fun :)
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Great job and amazing attitude! You can do it!
  • RholeModel1922
    RholeModel1922 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Rooting for you!!!
  • FrostyFour
    Options
    GO FOR IT!

After a while it becomes fun :)

This morning I went downstairs to see my husband before he went to work. Last night was his night with the baby, and when I came downstairs and started rambling about this morning's weigh-in and how I couldn't wait to see what today's workout was like, I had to stop myself and realize he was still 80% asleep! :P