I want to be a beautiful October Bride!

Options
I'm getting married in October and over the last two years I've gained a very noticable 30 pounds. Right now I weigh 158 pounds (Some of you may grumble about how that isn't that much.. But on my 5'1" frame it is and I'm used to weighing anywhere between 125-130 pounds)
It's really hard to discipline myself to eat right and work out. I'm living out on my own and without my mom buying groceries, I'm buying them and I am not making very healthy decisions (Oreo cookies and Coca-Colas??)
I love exercising but I hate running. And I don't know why but I just feel more motivated when I am at a gym. But on a Soon-To-Be Newlywed Budget (I'm sure most people have been there) it seems a gym membership is a little pricey!
Really I just need motivation and support! I want to do this for myself and for my future husband! If anyone would like to offer guidance or advice please feel free!
Thank You!
Ashley

Replies

• FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You will be a beautiful bride!

I think you'll find this site most helpful.

I saw a new advanced BeachBody workout that I want to purchase for myself...it is titled, "Insanity"...all you need is your own body...check it out if you're interested...it looks like a surefire way to shred!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Try planning your meals for a week or two (or however often you grocery shop) and make a list for just those items. I usually include one snack, but that snack is only for times when I have enough calories for it and go by the serving size.

Try to stay out of the aisles that have the bad stuff since your not likely to find any healthy things on your list down the cookie or coke aisle. The best way to avoid eating it is to not buy it....if you don't have it in the house, you're much less likely to actually go out for that specific item.

As far as exercise, if you hate running, then don't run. What kinds of exercise do you like? You don't necessarily need to sweat it out at the gym in order to lose weight. I've lost 43 pounds just by sticking to my calories and going for walks and bike rides. I have stuck to it because I enjoy doing these things.

Oh, and you need to try to find healthy foods that you love. Forcing yourself to eat carrots and brussel sprouts if you don't like them will never work. Recently I have been addicted to this fruit and chicken salad that I've been making (4 oz chicken breast, an apple, 8 strawberries, a serving of feta cheese, a serving of cashews, and raspberry viniagrette dressing). I love it so much I think I would pass up a candy bar to have it. I've also become addicted to yoplait whips in the freezer...it's a really good replacement for ice cream.

Good luck and congrats on your October wedding (ps, what's the date? I hope to be an October bride next year)
  • crashlee
    crashlee Posts: 17
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!

all you have to do is belive in yourself. like you i am sometimes very unmotivated and if i bought my own groceries would probably eat oreos for breaksfast lunch and dinner but its a good thing i dont! when im feeling a craving or like i wanna cheat i just cut up a pepper or a cucumber and grab a bottle of water. i know its hard to start but once you start to see the changes you wont want to stop!!!
    good luck i know you can do it!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful but you need to feel it on the inside and out I know how that is. Good luck this website is great. Best way to start is to eat cleaner. Get rid of a lot of cereals and get more natural:)

Alisha

Need any help I can answer any questions I am a personal trainer and aerobic instructor and have been there:)
  • mrssheriff1010
    Options
    WOW! I'm amazed that all of you have responded so fast! I appreciate it! Thank you so much for all the compliments, and the wedding date is october 10th! I love the recipe for the chicken fruit salad (Im not a big veggie fan but im all for fruits!) I am going to try it tomorrow for lunch. I also checked out the Beachbody Insanity videos, and I am very interested! I'm all about work out videos! I actually used to be a BodyCombat Instructor. I hurt my leg and fell off the wagon (which landed me on the couch) I really appreciate all of the advice and I'm going to try them all! I am going to start making meal plans, and I'm going to have to buy a bunch of vegetables to figure out which ones I like!
    Thank you all so much!!!
  • mrssheriff1010
    Options
    FatDancer-- I just ordered the BeachBody Insanity Video Set! Thank you so much for the tip!
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Also, if you really love the gym but can't afford the fancier ones, check your area for a Planet Fitness. Their simple membership is month to month (no contract), for 10.00 a month, and you can get a membership for 20.00 a month that allows you to bring a friend whenever you go for free (really helpful for me, so I have some motivation to go!)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Honey, I'm going to be direct and use the f-word---

Just because you are (or you feel) fat does not mean you are not beautiful.

I think you are beautiful. Are you at your ideal weight? No. That has no bearing on your beauty.

Just needed to point that out to you. :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    FatDancer-- I just ordered the BeachBody Insanity Video Set! Thank you so much for the tip!

That is so cool and I'm so happy for you...!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    You can do this :flowerforyou: